Well... it's mock draft time. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... it's mock draft time.

Carter is an interesting prospect.

Freakishly tall and long for a DE he has been tripled teamed while at Army and was unable to spend the off season lifting and getting stronger like any other top college player would be doing.

He stands to improve substantially from a physical perspective once he is in the hands of an NFL training staff.

Carter is an interesting prospect.

Freakishly tall and long for a DE he has been tripled teamed while at Army and was unable to spend the off season lifting and getting stronger like any other top college player would be doing.

He stands to improve substantially from a physical perspective once he is in the hands of an NFL training staff.

Besides length, his burst and his ability to rip and disengage from the blocker is what stood out. A year of getting stronger, and this guy could be a legit player.

I went into this one with the idea that I'd continually trade down a few spots... Nothing outlandish, just a series of minor trade downs that picked up a pick later. This allowed me to take two shots at a TE, and 2 shots at a RB.

1677372865048.png

I went into this one with the idea that I'd continually trade down a few spots... Nothing outlandish, just a series of minor trade downs that picked up a pick later. This allowed me to take two shots at a TE, and 2 shots at a RB.

View attachment 133071
I like that strategy. I also think the wildcard pick, if you will, could be a pass rusher. Morris is interesting and I know you're high on him.

Whyle is a sleeper, who I feel has a good chance to exceed his draft position.

I like that strategy. I also think the wildcard pick, if you will, could be a pass rusher. Morris is interesting and I know you're high on him.

Whyle is a sleeper, who I feel has a good chance to exceed his draft position.
As I mentioned in that other thread, I'm also high on Tuli Tuipuloto. He's another big-bodied DE. I'm VERY interested in finding a guy to play Defensive End. I don't trust Ogbah's back, and we have no real depth at that position. In any event, Ogbah is gone next year.
If we can steal a working DE in a year where the pool is deep, I am going to do it. The position is too important, and too expensive in Free Agency.

Tuipolotu is in my top 50. He would be a good get.

Tuipolotu is in my top 50. He would be a good get.
I'd be happy to take a shot on him. You've seen my posts, I think it's extremely important for us to bring in a DE who can power-rush the QB while playing the run.
Lighter Edge guys are not what I'm looking to add. Guys like McDonald or Ojulari are going to be good NFL players, but we have Phillips... and Chubb, we need a LINEMAN.

Back
Top Bottom