Well... it's mock draft time. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... it's mock draft time.

With the usage of Hill and Waddle, maybe a block first tight end would be a good fit.

While not a seam threat, Washington has the size to be a mismatch in the redzone and is an excellent blocker. I could see Miami using him in a similar way to Smythe, but obviously Washington has more upside.

Ez perhaps can become that effective big receiver.

Why would he not be a seam threat? The issue with big TEs or any TE, like Hunter Long or Cole Kmet, is whether they are explosive, can they explode out of stance, out of breaks so we look at jump tests. Second is the quickness, the cone and shuttle drills, can they beat defenders on quick outs or ins?
Seam is not really an issue, especially for a TE like Washington who has a huge wing span probably.
If we are drafting a TE he better be the #1 kind and do everything.

I don't know how many snaps Washington played at UGA. Based on production I would not be surprised if he wasn't a big part of the offense.

Ezukanma is okay for the third wideout, to give us perhaps 35 catches for 400 yards, and 2 TDs. Who cares.? He is not going to be #2 wideout.

Last edited:
Why would he not be a seam threat? The issue with big TEs or any TE, like Hunter Long or Cole Kmet, whether they are explosive, can they explode out of stance, out of break so we look at jump tests. Second is the quickness, the cone and shuttle drills, can they beat wideouts on quick outs?
Seam is not really an issue, especially for a TE like Washing who has a huge wing span probably.
If we are drafting a TE he better be the #1 kind and do everything.

I don't know how many snaps Washington played at UGA. Based on production I would not be surprised if he wasn't a big part of the offense.

Ezukanma is okay for the third wideout, to give us perhaps 35 catches for 400 yards, and 2 TDs. Who cares. He is not going to be #2 wideout.
On tape, Washington doesn't look explosive to me. Which is why I think he drops a little. Then again, at 6-7 he is essentially always open. Great hands too.

On tape, Washington doesn't look explosive to me. Which is why I think he drops a little. Then again, at 6-7 he is essentially always open. Great hands too.

I don't like 6-7 TEs because it takes precious time for them to move, even if they are athletic. Akin to 6-5 wideouts, even when they are fast and athletic they are still easier to defend then smaller wideouts who may not be as athletic. Washington may test great but still appear slow and be easier to defend in passing situations than a smaller less athletic TE.

The problem with Washington is that he "moves well for a 6-7 270 lb guy" but he does not really move well for a TE.

But he brings so much as an inline blocker that I would have a hard time passing on him at #52.

IF he tests well at the Combine he will find his way into R1.

The problem with Washington is that he "moves well for a 6-7 270 lb guy" but he does not really move well for a TE.

But he brings so much as an inline blocker that I would have a hard time passing on him at #52.

IF he tests well at the Combine he will find his way into R1.
I think he could sub in at LT and hold his own. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but his blocking is very impressive.

Any team that values the running game is going to love Washington.

Talking about Washington so much is a waste cause he's not going to be on the board by the time we pick at 51 and I'm fine with that....if all we want is a blocker than we can play with a 6th OL guy.....I want a complete TE that can catch and block.....he doesn’t have the be the best blocker or the best receiver but if he can be good at both then that's who I want to draft. At this point I really like LaPorta but also like Durham from Purdue.

Talking about Washington so much is a waste cause he's not going to be on the board by the time we pick at 51 and I'm fine with that....if all we want is a blocker than we can play with a 6th OL guy.....I want a complete TE that can catch and block.....he doesn’t have the be the best blocker or the best receiver but if he can be good at both then that's who I want to draft. At this point I really like LaPorta but also like Durham from Purdue.

Laporta produced despite being part of an Iowa offense that was absolutely anemic. I mean really, really bad—122nd ranked college offense. Defenses double-, triple-teamed him because they didn’t fear Iowa’s QB(s) or WRs.

He reminds me of a young Dallas Clark. Would love to get him in 3rd if he lasts that long.

Laporta produced despite being part of an Iowa offense that was absolutely anemic. I mean really, really bad—122nd ranked college offense. Defenses double-, triple-teamed him because they didn’t fear Iowa’s QB(s) or WRs.

He reminds me of a young Dallas Clark. Would love to get him in 3rd if he lasts that long.
I'd too but not sure he'll be there that late....might have to do it at 51 but if not, then Durham could be there at 78

I'd too but not sure he'll be there that late....might have to do it at 51 but if not, then Durham could be there at 78
That is how I see it as well.

LaPorta should be there at #52 but I doubt he makes it to #77. Durham will surely be there in R3.

Right now I am hoping for a trade down opportunity at #52 to pick up some more mid round or future picks.

Trades and an idiot owner have left us short handed in that area.

That is how I see it as well.

LaPorta should be there at #52 but I doubt he makes it to #77. Durham will surely be there in R3.

Right now I am hoping for a trade down opportunity at #52 to pick up some more mid round or future picks.

Trades and an idiot owner have left us short handed in that area.
yeah the draft is like fishing......fishing is boring and it sucks when you're not catching any fish.....the draft is not fun when we don’t have many picks and not having a first round pick really sucks.

team logo

pfn-logo-black

• MIA

Matthew Bergeron
    OT Syracuse

• MIA

Luke Musgrave
    TE Oregon State

• MIA

Deonte Banks
    CB Maryland
    trade icon