Whao!! Jets may release santonio holmes wednesday!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whao!! Jets may release santonio holmes wednesday!!

so he didn't provide any distractions w/ his latest domestic incident last year? you ca sayy he was innocent all you want but the guy is constantly involved w/ police regarding domestic problems.
No not at all. His wife stabbing him showed no effect on the team or his play. His announcement of his BPD was far more captivating to the NFL world.

No not at all. His wife stabbing him showed no effect on the team or his play. His announcement of his BPD was far more captivating to the NFL world.

so Marshall involved w/ the police again had no bearing on the team going 6-10 but Holmes was the reason we went 8-8?

so Marshall involved w/ the police again had no bearing on the team going 6-10 but Holmes was the reason we went 8-8?
You can't compare the two. It's almost as if the Jets imploding causes you reason to dig for dirt on other teams that just isn't there. If you took a step back and analyzed the Jets right now, you would be very critical of what went wrong instead of brushing it off like it is no big deal.

The Jets "imploded" and still finished 2 games ahead of Miami, what does that tell you?

I can take criticism of Holmes, I offer my own. He hurt us this season but to act like Holmes is a jerk and Marshall is some great guy is incorrect- they are both jerks.

Miami finished 2 back but there is no comparison as to who played the best football the second half of the season and is in much better position in the off season.

who cares who palyed better football late in the season? you started 0-7 and were out of the race by october- where was the great Brandon Marshall to prevent an 0-7 start? i don't get impressed by teams winning meaningless games.

how are you in much better position in the offseason? you still have jeff Ireland running the show.

who cares who palyed better football late in the season? you started 0-7 and were out of the race by october- where was the great Brandon Marshall to prevent an 0-7 start? i don't get impressed by teams winning meaningless games.

how are you in much better position in the offseason? you still have jeff Ireland running the show.

you have been listening to rex ryan's "play like a jet" bs too much. you guys are nothing of a franchise. you are historically by far the 4th best team in the afc east. dont act like anybody should be impressed with the jest, just because you got a fat slob, foot fetishing loving, ADD of a coach.

we are in a better position due to salary cap and draft position. your team is in a crappy position because nobody wants to go to your abortion that you call a locker room.

you have been listening to rex ryan's "play like a jet" bs too much. you guys are nothing of a franchise. you are historically by far the 4th best team in the afc east. dont act like anybody should be impressed with the jest, just because you got a fat slob, foot fetishing loving, ADD of a coach.

we are in a better position due to salary cap and draft position. your team is in a crappy position because nobody wants to go to your abortion that you call a locker room.

Historically we may be 4th but in recent, relevant times we are 2nd and were 1st in '09 and '10.

We have a cao wizard running our team, we aren't in any cap trouble. We have more talent to work w/, we alreayd have a QB, our team has winning experience, we have a better FO, better owner, better CS but I'm glad winning 6 meaningless games aftre the 0-7 start have you so positive.

Yeah, some don't care if one team's outplayed the other one if it's not for a full season.. errrr, that's of course unless you have a team that played .500 ball, lost 6 out of 7, beat teams with a .400 cumulative winning percentage, couldn't beat a team at home who they needed to beat to have a legitimate shot at making the post season.... and then got gifted into the playoffs by 2 teams who didn't care whether they won or lost. Then fractional seasons mean everything. LMAO

It's funny.. we've already got the second best QB in the division and are looking to upgrade further.

:lol::lol: yeah, you have the 2nd best QB in the division like Tony was a better coach than rex, like rex would never succeed b/c of his Dad, etc...:lol2::lol2:

:lol::lol: yeah, you have the 2nd best QB in the division like Tony was a better coach than rex, like rex would never succeed b/c of his Dad, etc...:lol2::lol2:

I also said Ozzie Newsome knew what he was doing in going outside to select a HC at the risk of losing his DC, that Pete Carroll knew what he was talking about, that USC QBs transitioning into the NFL would be mediocre at best (well Barkley may prove to be the anomaly), that Pace, Rhodes and Scott were over-rated, that Holmes would be the same cancer he was in Pittsburgh, that the jest were far from an "elite" team on the basis of 09 charity, dead team walkers and chokers coupled with another mediocre performing season sandwiched in between one that was decent but not good enough to carry their own division, etcetera, etcetera. I've proved right more than wrong. Now I'll go on record as predicting that jest fans will be looking back at baby Schotty with yearning after a year of the meatball. :up:

So far I've been right ahelluva lot more than otherwise. Take off your homer glasses and you'll realize it. :up:

...and what? you don't think Moore's a better QB than Fitz??

I also said Ozzie Newsome knew what he was doing in going outside to select a HC at the risk of losing his DC, that Pete Carroll knew what he was talking about, that USC QBs transitioning into the NFL would be mediocre at best (well Barkley may prove to be the anomaly), that Pace, Rhodes and Scott were over-rated, that Holmes would be the same cancer he was in Pittsburgh, that the jest were far from an "elite" team on the basis of 09 charity, dead team walkers and chokers coupled with another mediocre performing season sandwiched in between one that was decent but not good enough to carry their own division, etcetera, etcetera. I've proved right more than wrong. Now I'll go on record as predicting that jest fans will be looking back at baby Schotty with yearning after a year of the meatball. :up:

So far I've been right ahelluva lot more than otherwise. Take off your homer glasses and you'll realize it. :up:

...and what? you don't think Moore's a better QB than Fitz??

Yep and in 4 years Ozzie has 2 title game apps w/ that HC while in 3 years Rex has 2 title game apps so clearly Ozzie was spot on.

Yep, Pete knew what he was talking about. sanchez in 3 years has 4 playoff wins and 2 title game apps- 2 more playoff wins than Pete in his carere and 2 more title game apps.

Pace and Scott helped the Jets field top 3 defenses, they have both been great pickups for us. Rhodes was a top safety in this league earlier in his career.

Moore isn't better than henne, he's great when games don't mean anything. I hope he is your starter week 1 and you'll find out what Panther fans found out.

Sanchez had a bad year and still led his team to a .500 record, Moore had a great year and led his team to a .500 record. There's not a same football fan alive who would take Moore over Sanchez.

Yep and in 4 years Ozzie has 2 title game apps w/ that HC while in 3 years Rex has 2 title game apps so clearly Ozzie was spot on.

Yep, Pete knew what he was talking about. sanchez in 3 years has 4 playoff wins and 2 title game apps- 2 more playoff wins than Pete in his carere and 2 more title game apps.

Pace and Scott helped the Jets field top 3 defenses, they have both been great pickups for us. Rhodes was a top safety in this league earlier in his career.

Moore isn't better than henne, he's great when games don't mean anything. I hope he is your starter week 1 and you'll find out what Panther fans found out.

Sanchez had a bad year and still led his team to a .500 record, Moore had a great year and led his team to a .500 record. There's not a same football fan alive who would take Moore over Sanchez.

Like we've been contending for a long time, Henne having the same OL, OC and WR drop issues being used as the Taco excuse presently, was the clone of Sanchez, so if Moore is Henne, then Henne and Moore are Sanchez (although I think Moore is better than both).

Secondly, as pointed out ad nauseum, to his credit, Rex made 1 post season legitimately without a charitable assist* while Harbaugh got there each of the 4seasons he coached the Ravens. Unlike Rex, he even won his division, and that division includes the Steelers! On the basis of legitimacy, Harbaugh has won more post season games he deserved to even compete in.

Say what you want about GMs and Moore, but everyone but you knows that there's not a GM in the league who'd trade higher than a 3rd for Sanchez since few beyond you would believe he was more than the passenger (and often the disruptive one) instead of the driver.

You can lastworditis it til you're blue in the face, and perhaps on one of the 3 green forums, you'd get some "amens." However, on most other fan forums, including this one, the reality of Sanchez, Rex and a 1 out of the last 4 seasonal jest performances being anything better than mediocre is plain to see. However, since relatively speaking, "perception is reality," you are certainly entitled to believe what you wish, no matter how biased it may be.

But yes, you're right, Rex for all his faults turned out to be a better HC than Tony, but it's just as likely that Schotty will be a discernibly better OC than him too.

eh9bm-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like we've been contending for a long time, Henne having the same OL, OC and WR drop issues being used as the Taco excuse presently, was the clone of Sanchez, so if Moore is Henne, then Henne and Moore are Sanchez (although I think Moore is better than both).

Secondly, as pointed out ad nauseum, to his credit, Rex made 1 post season legitimately without a charitable assist* while Harbaugh got there each of the 4seasons he coached the Ravens. Unlike Rex, he even won his division, and that division includes the Steelers! On the basis of legitimacy, Harbaugh has won more post season games he deserved to even compete in.

Say what you want about GMs and Moore, but everyone but you knows that there's not a GM in the league who'd trade higher than a 3rd for Sanchez since few beyond you would believe he was more than the passenger (and often the disruptive one) instead of the driver.

You can lastworditis it til you're blue in the face, and perhaps on one of the 3 green forums, you'd get some "amens." However, on most other fan forums, including this one, the reality of Sanchez, Rex and a 1 out of the last 4 seasonal jest performances being anything better than mediocre is plain to see. However, since relatively speaking, "perception is reality," you are certainly entitled to believe what you wish, no matter how biased it may be.

But yes, you're right, Rex for all his faults turned out to be a better HC than Tony, but it's just as likely that Schotty will be a discernibly better OC than him too.

Sanchez has aa history to bank on, 2 title games in 2 years- that's something henne never had and despite all the issues around sanchez and playing as "bad" as you think he played he still had us in playoff contention late in the year which is something Henne never did.

It's not lastworditis, it's constantly correcting folks who are wrong.

Sanchez has aa history to bank on, 2 title games in 2 years- that's something henne never had and despite all the issues around sanchez and playing as "bad" as you think he played he still had us in playoff contention late in the year which is something Henne never did.

It's not lastworditis, it's constantly correcting folks who are wrong.

Speaking of correcting folks who are wrong; the statement in bold is not true. Under Henne the Dolphins were 7-6 in 09 and still in contention for the playoffs in week 17. They needed help much like the Jets did in 09 and 11. As you know, it was the Jets who received the charity in 09 and were eliminated from the playoffs in 11 in great similarity to how the dolphins got eliminated in 09 and 10. Ending the season with 3 straight losses from teams who actually played their starters. :lol:

I think Vaark explained the situation quite well :

It's funny isn't it, how season scheduling quirks alter - or deceiveperception, isn't it?

In 09 you had 2 7-7 teams although one didn't lost 6 out of 7 games. One of em gets 2 teams that cared more about keeping their first stringers healthy for the playoffs while the other doesn't and actually had to compete but failed. Luck of the draw, although this scheduling disgrace was so egregious that the league as a result changed the way they schedule late season games to emphasize that they be within the division. Then you get that team that stepped it ****, despite itself facing a dead team walking who lost 3 out of its last 6 games, and was one of the weakest post season entrants in recent memory. What if the team not gifted in had been gifted in and faced that team in the first game of the playoffs? I think we know the answer. Similarly what if in 08 the team who did not step in **** faced the equivalent of the 09 Cinci team and instead, the team that was the beneficiary of the league's charitable contribution actually faced the equivalent of the 08 Ravens? Things would have been different for both teams, fersure. But I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles, so be it; only just donate to charity iin the spirit of that which you received and be thankful..don't claim credit for something you don't deserve, that's all I ask.
IDK-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom