What Albert Breer is hearing when it comes to pick #21... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Albert Breer is hearing when it comes to pick #21...

Nobody knows what's going to happen. Even Miami has several plans, depending on who is available. It could be a wacky 1st round, that's very unpredictable.

That said, wide receiver could be in play. Most likely at 55 or later. As to Worthy specifically, 21 seems high but he's someone I could see McDaniel pounding the table for.

Personally, I'd look for a bigger, more physical receiver...Legette, Coleman, Wilson (6-7) etc.

Nobody knows what's going to happen. Even Miami has several plans, depending on who is available. It could be a wacky 1st round, that's very unpredictable.

That said, wide receiver could be in play. Most likely at 55 or later. As to Worthy specifically, 21 seems high but he's someone I could see McDaniel pounding the table for.

Personally, I'd look for a bigger, more physical receiver...Legette, Coleman, Wilson (6-7) etc.

I would love Legette at 55. If Wilson gets drafted by anyone in the 2nd, I'd be...surprised. Big and fast, but clumsy.

I'm still here hoping that we trade back and pick up at least a 3rd. the more picks you have, the more likely you are to hit on some.
Understand the thought process, but the higher the pick, the better the chance for that individual, too, and the higher the chance that individual it a higher impact player.

Sure, there are examples of lower or mid rd picks that are great. Not nearly as many as the high rd picks, though.

That's just a statistical reality.

Understand the thought process, but the higher the pick, the better the chance for that individual, too, and the higher the chance that individual it a higher impact player.

Sure, there are examples of lower or mid rd picks that are great. Not nearly as many as the high rd picks, though.

That's just a statistical reality.
It’s why trading back rarely works. You should ALWAYS take quality over quantity in the draft. Now that I’m thinking about it—that applies in life as well.

It’s why trading back rarely works. You should ALWAYS take quality over quantity in the draft. Now that I’m thinking about it—that applies in life as well.
I can see trading back at times. You just have to find someone willing to "overpay". Now that can be a judgement call, too.

I see many posters who don't want to accept future picks in return, but that is absolutely where the best value is found, due to it generally being a rd higher selection.

Last edited:
Miami O was throttled after some OL injuries but lets draft another skill set guy at 21.

That should definitely help when its 40 and rainy and your playing a KC Ravens Bills etc.

We already have fast smurfs, who have trouble when pressed, why add another smaller player? All that speed Worthy has is negated when an NFL DB gets his hands on him slows him down, knocks him off his route and timing. Hard no for me. You draft a WR at 21 it better be that kid out of LSU.

So The Dolphins make a big show of meeting Worthy, speed guy McDaniel will drool over. I would think that was a huge smokescreen right there (at least for pick 21). Then they meet TE Sanders quiet, work him out. He is probably real for pick 55.
Last year Mike wanted Achane bad, Grier made him hold off till pick 84, it worked out. So not sure about Mike having the
power to reach for Worthy at 21.

So The Dolphins make a big show of meeting Worthy, speed guy McDaniel will drool over. I would think that was a huge smokescreen right there (at least for pick 21). Then they meet TE Sanders quiet, work him out. He is probably real for pick 55.
Last year Mike wanted Achane bad, Grier made him hold off till pick 84, it worked out. So not sure about Mike having the
power to reach for Worthy at 21.
IDK about a complete smokescreen. More likely looking toward day 3.

Texas has a lot of talent, with several players that might be in the mix, 2WR's, TE, DL and OL. Many will be later round picks that may come into play if we can swing a 3rd somehow.

Back
Top Bottom