What Am I Missing? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Am I Missing?

Miamis blitzed it’s off ball lbs more than other teams that I’ve seen which I think has created a false sense of pressure that may be harder to come by in the regular season.

At least we are blitzing the snap count now with the off ball backers. Haven’t seen us do any of that in years it feels.

Baker and a DB will be the only way to get any consistent pressure on the QB, at least it appears that way so far...

Miamis blitzed it’s off ball lbs more than other teams that I’ve seen which I think has created a false sense of pressure that may be harder to come by in the regular season.

At least we are blitzing the snap count now with the off ball backers. Haven’t seen us do any of that in years it feels.
All defenses bitz in preseason game two. Very common.

Baker and a DB will be the only way to get any consistent pressure on the QB, at least it appears that way so far...

I think they plan to take advantage of o line/protection awareness with attacking shoulders to free others up similar to what the pats have done.

Yes I’m aware. Not all of them go about it the same way.
I might have misunderstood the first post . It reads more like you thought Miami blitz more than all the other teams in pre season and it won't be successful in season.
I do love this new d scheme so much. It's going to be awesome to watch. I think they will really gel after the bye week.

I think on paper you could look and say it's possible to overachieve based on national narrative but if you look at the lack of depth, we could be in big trouble. We have been walking wounded for years and still have NO depth at CB or OL.

That being said, I think we will be much improved in run defense. We were something like 2nd worst in rushing yards allowed and 6th worst in points allowed. I could see that rushing number jump to around 15-16 ranked. We should be better in the middle with the new scheme, DT technique and much improved LB play.

I think we will be predominantly nickel based and will not get eaten alive by TE's this year. Equavoen and Baker look like the real deal.

I also see a match-up based approach on defense that should be much better UNLESS we lose a few starters.

Offense I see struggling and probably takes 4-5 games for the OL to start gelling. The factor will be getting better in both aspects of run and pass pro. Depth still an issue but I think there may be 1-2 players on the OL that are not here yet.

Pocket presence looks better with either QB. As long as they get rid of the ball fast, should be ok.

Yup. I would bet that he is more likely to be fired this year than he is to make the playoffs
It's baffling sometimes. Gase is a horric head coach. I cannot wait until full implosion in NY. I'm calling it now. Gase and Bell will not be able to work together. That is where it will start.

I want to see Jets/Gase fail almost as I want to see the Dolphins win. I see the Jets starting off 1-0 (vs Bills) and then dropping 6-7 straight....

They play....

Bills
Browns
Pats
Eagles
Cowboys
Pats
Jags
@ Dolphins
Giants
Redskins

* I'm sorry but what has Tannehill done that is any more impressive than what Fitz has done? Fitz's qb rating last year was higher than any Tannehill has ever posted. And I think him and Rosen both have way more pocket presence than Tanny which will help some with the poor OL.
* Why a push when the 2 rookie TEs have a year's experience and they added a veteran in Allen?
* 2018 Gore wasn't a HOFer and Ballage brings more big play potential to add to Drake's. We also drafted a FB for short yardage and Wilkins even may do some of that also.
* And why would the LBs only maybe be a little better. Baker and McMillan have their first year out of the way and Baker really seems ready to pop and Eg may end up being the best LB on the roster. Easy advantage for '19
* And I think coaching will make a huge difference this year because it has truly sucked for so long.

Been on a playoff team. Simple.

It's baffling sometimes. Gase is a horric head coach. I cannot wait until full implosion in NY. I'm calling it now. Gase and Bell will not be able to work together. That is where it will start.

Horiffic yet got that **** team last year to 7 wins.

People want Tua so they keep ignoring facts and say that we are tanking. They also ignore that Fitzpatrick is leaps and bounds better than Tannehill. The young defense is going to be much better this year and they are actually going to be coached up. Gase is one of the worst coaches in the league so there will definitely be an upgrade there.

So if Fitzpatrick and Flores are that much than 8 wins should be a breeze this year........some people are delusional.

Back
Top Bottom