What are the other AFC East teams fans saying? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the other AFC East teams fans saying?

DaBills4life said:
Scared of a guy that more than half the fin fans didnt want? Scared of a guy that made a living making plays out of the pocket and deep to Moss? 3 ligament tears and no Moss. Chambers is good, but so are a lot of WR's, no one is close to Moss in terms of fear he strikes in a defense.

Scared of his 80 fumbles in 80 games? Scared of his 120+ turnovers in 80 games?

Show me on the field. Culpepper is not winner. He is 41 and 46 as a starter.

I'll be scared if he takes control of your team and wins more games then he loses, but until then, Daunte Culpepper and the Miami Dolphins = ???

Will you cut the tough guy talk out already? Your negative spin, which it only is - a spin, is strictly because he's a Dolphin now. If he was a Bill you'd be optimistic. Amazing how so far sportswriters across the land are praising Saban for the absolute heist he pulled in getting Daunte for a 2nd round pick, yet some shmuck named DaBills4Life absolute tosses the notion aside that he could be successful.

Your'e gonna wait and see what he does for us until you give praise? Tell you what, I'll make you a deal.........why don't you pay more attention to what happens with your unimpressive QB stable....... watch how that one works out......... let us enjoy our moment with a QB who's actually got some talent. The guy didn't make Pro Bowls for nothing.......and again, his finest season was played with Moss injured nearly the whole time. Give it a rest man. You're just a spiteful hater who's stewing in his own jealousy right now because you have to pray to God every night Opera Man is going to be able to lead your team.

perezferia said:
Here he has Pro Bowl caliber talent in Chambers, Booker, Welker and McMichael. Are they the BEST players at their position, no. Are they BETTER than what Daunte had in Minny? Oh, god yeah.
I really like Wes Welker but to call him one of the best players in his position (in reference to being a receiver) seems to be stretching it just a little. Much as I like Marty Booker too, I think he wouldn't rate among the top few receivers in the league either.

EDIT: I'm a tool! I completely misread the post I quoted. Sorry about that. I had initially just meant to mention I didn't think Welker was Pro Bowl caliber as a receiver, read the post again, got confused (it doesn't take much) somewhere inbetween and made an eejit of myself. Duh!

3Ply Stagliano said:
I really like Wes Welker but to call him one of the best players in his position (in reference to being a receiver) seems to be stretching it just a little. Much as I like Marty Booker too, I think he wouldn't rate among the top few receivers in the league either.

He said they are not the best players in each position. He said they were better then what Minn had. Well he said "Oh, god yeah" they are better then Minn.

As a Chargers fan, I was hoping Brees would land here to reunite with the rest of the ex Chargers and Hud. It seems that you are all excited about the Culpepper move, and it will be interesting to see whether Brees or Culpepper end the season on the better note. Either way, it would appear that Duante was the better deal financially.

Good luck!

I am in RI..

and all the Patriot radio shows are talking about how competitive we will be. They definitely feel that any time they play us it's a challenge, now they are saying they have to worry about us for a while.

Cracks me up how/why other teams fans regularly post on our board, you`d think they`d be fighting an uphill battle, I know I don`t want to spend any time on any other teams boards...waste of time imo. They can say what they want, but Culpepper can be the guy that puts us past N.E. and he makes us a Super Bowl caliber team, if he`s healthy. It`s not hard to see that the Bills and Jets are going to be looking up from the bottom of the AFC East for awhile.

culpepper2chambers said:
please titans draft leinart.....so we dont have to deal with him as much.

I heard this morning on the radio, up all night with Jason Smith, that the falcons are in negotiations to trade Matt Shaub and a 2nd rounder to the Jets for John Abraham.

I don't know if there is any truth to that or not, just posting what I heard.

whatsburning said:
JT and company will eat Leinart for breakfast.

We gave Payton Manning a babtism he wont forget but the good ones learn from that experience and come back to haunt you.

But we will have ML souffle for at least a few games.:wink:

FINintheMOON said:
Man this stuff is too funny!!! The rest of the AFC East is flat out SCARED!!!:sidelol:

Guess who is back to AFC BEAST status?!!!:lol:

Scared? of Culpepper?:sidelol:

I didnt' want to ruin your fun yesterday so I didn' comment but I am as happy as can be you got Daunte. He is the most overarted QB in the game, he is a great fantasy QB but is not a great real QB. He chokes time after time after time in big spots AND he's damaged goods. Yesterday was a great day for us as Brees went to NO making our #4 overall pick more valuable and Daunte went to you guys.

enigmatics said:
You're just a spiteful hater who's stewing in his own jealousy right now because you have to pray to God every night Opera Man is going to be able to lead your team.
"I see the Bills-o, going 4 and 12-o!"

:rofl3:

They can say what they want, but Culpepper can be the guy that puts us past N.E. and he makes us a Super Bowl caliber team, if he`s healthy

yep b/c he sure did that in Minny in a much worse division and conference. The guy only made the playoffs twice in 5 full years as a staretr in a pthetic div and conf and he had the best weapon in the game. He has weapons in Miami but none touch Randy and this group doesn't compare to the group he led to face a medicore Giants D in '00 and posted a 13 rating.

PhinsPhan said:
See I agree that Culpepper with us is scary simply because we were 9-7 with Gus. But I will go over a few of your points.

1) The Minny Defense was good last year. After Culpepper went down they started winning games. His defense struggles when Culpepper turns the ball over 4 times a game like he did last year.
2) They have had a running game. Whether it is Robert Smith or running back by committee people tend to forget that just because they didn't have a premier back doesnt mean they didn't run the ball effectively.
3) I guess those stiffs that Culpepper had are the same ones that Brad Johnson torched teams with :rolleyes:

Fact is Daunte gets the most time in the pocket out of any QB in the league. IF they can replicate that here in Miami he will be effective. The thing about Culpepper is he has the tools to work with. But he can't use those tools without help. Dan Marino could be effective even with minimal talent around him. Culpepper on the other hand cannot.

You've been pre-owned!!...link

seriously, after that post....no one has a leg to stand on if they think this was a bad move.

inFINSible said:
You've been pre-owned!!...link

seriously, after that post....no one has a leg to stand on if they think this was a bad move.

That post is all about stats not about winning, do you want to see a QB put up great #s and not win or do you want good #s and win? Daunte is all about #s, he does not win enough and is bad in big games. This is the same guy that in the '00 NFC title game against a medicore giant team posted a 13 rating(yes 13!!!!) and he had Cris Carter, Moss and Robert Smith around him. In '03 he needed 1 win to get to the playoffs in week 17, he played against a Cardinal D that was giving up 33/gm the previous 8 weeks and he led Minny to just 17 points and they lost! The next year they needed a win at Wash and he led them to 10 pts in the competitive portion of the game(they scored a garbage time TD to make it look closer w/ 2 secs left), luckily for daunte the NFC let 2 8-8 teams in the playoffs that year. In a pathetic division and pathetic conference he made the playoffs 2 times in 5 full years then he loses Moss and is horrible early last year nd the Vikes are all but dead until he gets hurt then Johnson comes in and gets them back in the playoff race and leads them to a better record than what Daunte did the year before when he had that incredible #s year.

Back
Top Bottom