What are the other AFC East teams fans saying? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the other AFC East teams fans saying?

nyjunc said:
yep b/c he sure did that in Minny in a much worse division and conference. The guy only made the playoffs twice in 5 full years as a staretr in a pthetic div and conf and he had the best weapon in the game. He has weapons in Miami but none touch Randy and this group doesn't compare to the group he led to face a medicore Giants D in '00 and posted a 13 rating.

Wake up Jets fan, Culpepper had no defenses in Minny, he had runningback by committee, he had Randy Moss who hated to go over the middle(nice deep receiver though), and he had a moron named Mike Tice coaching the team, and yet until last years total collapse of the Vikings organization, he was considered one of the top 5 QB's in the league.

nyjunc said:
That post is all about stats not about winning, do you want to see a QB put up great #s and not win or do you want good #s and win? Daunte is all about #s, he does not win enough and is bad in big games. This is the same guy that in the '00 NFC title game against a medicore giant team posted a 13 rating(yes 13!!!!) and he had Cris Carter, Moss and Robert Smith around him. In '03 he needed 1 win to get to the playoffs in week 17, he played against a Cardinal D that was giving up 33/gm the previous 8 weeks and he led Minny to just 17 points and they lost! The next year they needed a win at Wash and he led them to 10 pts in the competitive portion of the game(they scored a garbage time TD to make it look closer w/ 2 secs left), luckily for daunte the NFC let 2 8-8 teams in the playoffs that year. In a pathetic division and pathetic conference he made the playoffs 2 times in 5 full years then he loses Moss and is horrible early last year nd the Vikes are all but dead until he gets hurt then Johnson comes in and gets them back in the playoff race and leads them to a better record than what Daunte did the year before when he had that incredible #s year.

Let's not forget the Vikings have not had a D since the Purple People Eaters of the 70's. You can't blame the teams downfalls all on the QB. Miami has a D, they also have weapons that Pepper didn't have in Minny.

Now if you want to talk about Brad Johnson stepping up after Pepper went out, you might want to check the Vikings schedule the last half of the year.
Lions twice
Packers
Browns
Rams
Giants (Which was his only quality win)
He lost to the good teams just like DC had done earlier in the year.
Ravens
Steelers

If you don't think DC is a upgrade, I don't know what to tel you. But you will probably be that guy that takes him on your fantasy team.

BlueFin said:
Wake up Jets fan, Culpepper had no defenses in Minny, he had runningback by committee, he had Randy Moss who hated to go over the middle(nice deep receiver though), and he had a moron named Mike Tice coaching the team, and yet until last years total collapse of the Vikings organization, he was considered one of the top 5 QB's in the league.

Favre has had no defenses but Daunte and his Vikes couldn't bat them out for div titles, Minny had a poor D last year and miracualopusly after a 2-5 start w/ Daunte they finished 7-2 w/o him, The Rams had the worst D in the league in '00 and amde the playoffs, carson Palmer didn't he let his brutal D keep him out of the playoffs last year, Marino rarely let bad D's keep him out.

To the average fan who just looks at #s he was considered top 5, to fans who see beyond the #s he was never clsoe to top 5. There is a reason Minny is letting him go for a 2nd rd pick.

Let's not forget the Vikings have not had a D since the Purple People Eaters of the 70's. You can't blame the teams downfalls all on the QB.

I'll give you the minny D's were not good BUT to only go to 2 playoffs in 5 years in that bad div and conference is not good. You bring up the teams Minny beat w/ Johnson well what about the teams they beat w/ daunte in '04? They beat 6-10 Dal, 5-11 Chi, 7-9 hou, 8-8 NO, 5-11 Ten, 6-10 Det twice and 9-7 jax. They beat ONE winning team and zero playoff teams.

The D wasn't the reason he posted a 13 rating against the Giants in '00, it was the reason they put up only 17 pts at Ari in '03, it wasn't the reason they put up 10 pts in the competitive portion of the game at Wash in '04.

Get one thing straight.... scared NEVER! Your team is looking up right now, the Bills still have some holes to fill as do you. But the fish are looking decent I must admit. But were scared???:sidelol: If PEP comes back fully to his old form you will have a great q.b., BUT isn't his "perfect" time table that he will be ready in sept. if evrything goes perfect? One setback and he won't play untill the season starts and then in the worse case he may not be ready for a while into the season correct? I just ask you this, then who is your feerless leader? Lemon or something like that, it'd funny I try to come and just listen to what others are saying about the EAST , but some of you make it impossible with your one sided ignorance toward the dolphins?:lol:

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
He said they are not the best players in each position. He said they were better then what Minn had. Well he said "Oh, god yeah" they are better then Minn.
So he did. Stupid me. Apologies for that. It was early here, I was sleepy and I'm not that bright at the best of times. In retrospect, yes, I agree (about the initial statement I had quoted).

nyjunc said:
That post is all about stats not about winning, do you want to see a QB put up great #s and not win or do you want good #s and win? Daunte is all about #s, he does not win enough and is bad in big games. This is the same guy that in the '00 NFC title game against a medicore giant team posted a 13 rating(yes 13!!!!) and he had Cris Carter, Moss and Robert Smith around him. In '03 he needed 1 win to get to the playoffs in week 17, he played against a Cardinal D that was giving up 33/gm the previous 8 weeks and he led Minny to just 17 points and they lost! The next year they needed a win at Wash and he led them to 10 pts in the competitive portion of the game(they scored a garbage time TD to make it look closer w/ 2 secs left), luckily for daunte the NFC let 2 8-8 teams in the playoffs that year. In a pathetic division and pathetic conference he made the playoffs 2 times in 5 full years then he loses Moss and is horrible early last year nd the Vikes are all but dead until he gets hurt then Johnson comes in and gets them back in the playoff race and leads them to a better record than what Daunte did the year before when he had that incredible #s year.
Hmmm, let's see Peyton Manning's big game success, how's that look?

If the stats are there, the wins will come, when the team is ready.

Sooner or later, it will come togther, and I'd bet that now is just about the right time for that to happen. Culpepper is at a place where his comfort and his experience are going to blossom under a great team atmosphere and great coaching.

It's all about the future baby, not the past, and our future is so bright, you're trying to hide your head in the sand rather than face the fact that the Dolphins just became your worst nightmare.

Since the quality of opponents was brought up from alst year let's look at daunte's overall record and the quality of teams he beat.

'00: Started 16 games(11-5)

Against over .500 teams: 4-5, beat 2 playoff teams
Against .500 or below teams: 7-0

'01: Started 11 games(4-7, team was 1-4 w/o him)

Against over .500 teams: 2-5, beat 2 playoff teams
Against .500 or below: 2-2(only win for 1-15 carolina)

'02: Started 16 games(6-10)

Against over .500 teams: 3-6, beat 1 playoff team.
Against .500 or below: 3-4

'03: Started 14 games(7-7, team was 2-0 w/o him)

Against over. 500 teams: 4-2, beat 3 PO teams
Against .500 or below: 3-5

'04: Started 16 games(8-8)

Against over .500 teams: 1-5, didn't beat any playoff teams
Against .500 or below: 7-3

'05: Started 7 games(2-5, team was 7-2 w/o him)

Against over .500 teams: 0-4
Against .500 or below: 2-1

Overall: 38-42

Against over .500 teams: 14-27
Against .500 or below: 24-15

Team w/ Daunte: 38-42(48%)
Team w/o Daunte: 10-6(63%)

Hmmm, let's see Peyton Manning's big game success, how's that look?

manning is another choker BUt the big difference is he gets his team to the playoffs in a much toughr div and conf.

:yawn:

Wake me when you find QBs who consistently beat other teams that are over .500...

Don't just show me the exception to the rule show me that you're right and that Daunte is below average in that regard...

Then show me what Daunte's going to do in Miami, in the future, under Nick Saban.

:jt0323:

:hysterikill:

unifiedtheory said:
I'd be saying that if my Q.B. was J.P. Losman....:tongue:
If Fairchild can have the sme success with JP like he did with Bulger, watch out. The kid that torched your team last year won't have the same crapy HC calling the shots. :D

Roman529 said:
Bills, Jets, and Patsies are scared. :D
Don't you guys wonder how Brad Johnson came in and started winning when Daunte couldn't without Moss?

nyjunc said:
Since the quality of opponents was brought up from alst year let's look at daunte's overall record and the quality of teams he beat.

'00: Started 16 games(11-5)

Against over .500 teams: 4-5, beat 2 playoff teams
Against .500 or below teams: 7-0

'01: Started 11 games(4-7, team was 1-4 w/o him)

Against over .500 teams: 2-5, beat 2 playoff teams
Against .500 or below: 2-2(only win for 1-15 carolina)

'02: Started 16 games(6-10)

Against over .500 teams: 3-6, beat 1 playoff team.
Against .500 or below: 3-4

'03: Started 14 games(7-7, team was 2-0 w/o him)

Against over. 500 teams: 4-2, beat 3 PO teams
Against .500 or below: 3-5

'04: Started 16 games(8-8)

Against over .500 teams: 1-5, didn't beat any playoff teams
Against .500 or below: 7-3

'05: Started 7 games(2-5, team was 7-2 w/o him)

Against over .500 teams: 0-4
Against .500 or below: 2-1

Overall: 38-42

Against over .500 teams: 14-27
Against .500 or below: 24-15

Team w/ Daunte: 38-42(48%)
Team w/o Daunte: 10-6(63%)
How about a listing of Pennington's overall record and the quality of teams he beat? The NY papers were crowning him the next Montana a couple of years ago, and I'll bet a year's paycheck you were saying the same thing. :wink:

Justasportsfan said:
Don't you guys wonder how Brad Johnson came in and started winning when Daunte couldn't without Moss?
no, not at all...it's the same way that Gus could guide us to a 3-7 record to start last season and then finish 6-0.
Culpepper had a very bad start to 2005. He had 8 picks in the first 2 games, but had 6 TDs and 4 INTs in the 4 games after that. He was playing for a new OC, with a new set of receivers and an OL that had lost its anchor, Pro Bowl center Matt Birk. The OL was really struggling -- he was sacked 31 times in just over 6 games.

It's nice .... but let's wait until after the draft ...

That's when we'll have a better idea what we have .... and conversely - what everyone else has ...

Back
Top Bottom