What can Tua do that Josh can't? | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What can Tua do that Josh can't?

Analogy

noun
  1. a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
Good, you looked it up. You still don't understand it, but at least it's a start.

Comparing a make believe scenario which isn't concrete or a fact with something else that IS a fact, isn't an analogy. It's a fallacy created by someone grasping for straws because he has no other way to back his point.

Mr. Fan would rather have Rosen who wants to attempt a Safety as Ford is wide ass open 40 yards down the field. For all that pocket presense I hear about on here, he sure doesnt know what to do with the football once he's gotten out of the pocket. Dont even get me started on the Int that was perfectly thrown into the DBs stomach or the 12 yards passing he had in the second half.

Good, you looked it up. You still don't understand it, but at least it's a start.

Comparing a make believe scenario which isn't concrete or a fact with something else that IS a fact, isn't an analogy. It's a fallacy created by someone grasping for straws because he has no other way to back his point.

The only point I've made is I have serious questions about TUA at the#1 overall. The point that you made is you're part of a TUA crotch sniffing brigade....seriously were all of you born in Alabama.

It would explain many things.

Mr. Fan would rather have Rosen who wants to attempt a Safety as Ford is wide *** open 40 yards down the field. For all that pocket presense I hear about on here, he sure doesnt know what to do with the football once he's gotten out of the pocket. Dont even get me started on the Int that was perfectly thrown into the DBs stomach or the 12 yards passing he had in the second half.

Wrong, I am not ROSEN or any players advocate (especially this year). I am however not willing to waste the #1 overall pick on a marginal upgrade.

The only point I've made is I have serious questions about TUA at the#1 overall. The point that you made is you're part of a TUA crotch sniffing brigade....seriously were all of you born in Alabama.

Well who the hell do you propose then? This should be fun.

Right. That is literally the ONLY point you've made. So stop trying to make additional points and pretending to prove it with nonsensical ramblings.

All I did was imply that 22 TDs and 0 INTs after only 5 games is real good. Sorry if you disagree.

I don't see a #1 yet, hence the problem. There is a guy with all the tools, but questions about him all over the place, there is another guy with limited tools, but a far cleaner prospect.

If TUA made a believer or a fool of me next year I would be willing to eat crow for his entire career.

It would be worth it!, I would even change my avatar to a crow with an ALABAMA 13 on it.

Right. That is literally the ONLY point you've made. So stop trying to make additional points and pretending to prove it with nonsensical ramblings.

All I did was imply that 22 TDs and 0 INTs after only 5 games is real good. Sorry if you disagree.

I'm not arguing that of course 22/5 is rock solid. I'm arguing the point of whether TUA should be our #1 overall pick and whether his skill set translates to the NFL.

I don't see a #1 yet, hence the problem. There is a guy with all the tools, but questions about him all over the place, there is another guy with limited tools, but a far cleaner prospect.

If TUA made a believer or a fool of me next year I would be willing to eat crow for his entire career.

It would be worth it!, I would even change my avatar to a crow with an ALABAMA 13 on it.

Clearly you didnt watched Philip Rivers with his shot put throwing motion torch our defense on Sunday and the rest of the league for his entire career. I think Tua's "limited tools" will be just fine.

I'm not arguing that of course 22/5 is rock solid. I'm arguing the point of whether TUA should be our #1 overall pick and whether his skill set translates to the NFL.

Then make the argument of which aspects of his skillset doesn't translate to the next level and why. That's all anybody is waiting on.

I just don't see "it" in TUA.....and that is my issue with him.

As a person reading through this thread I thought you're point was that Tua didn't have IT?

Who's your #1 pick then?

As a person reading through this thread I thought you're point was that Tua didn't have IT?

Semantics, however you can choose either as I have questions on both.

We're not talking about someone like Josh Allen who never played anybody or Lamar Jackson who ran a lot here. We're talking about a guy who has displayed absolute elite accuracy and great game sense. When has that ever not translated?

I get the whole "well he's on a stacked team" hesitation. I do, but this Alabama team isn't 2013 Alabama. He's not hiding behind a ridiculous offensive line handing the ball off to the next Heisman running back and then throwing when nobody is paying him any attention. He IS their offense. He's played in high pressure situations and while it hasn't been 4+ TDs a game/0 INT good, it was certainly good enough in my mind from what I saw so there's tape there to see what it would look like if he had pressure in his face constantly, which is worst case scenario in the NFL all the same.

I just don't understand the hesitation with him. He's as clean of a prospect at QB as you're ever going to find in college as they ALL have question marks, so you take your shot, and if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. You have to make the best decision no matter what and you can't be afraid of failure so you hedge your bets by trading down, taking a different QB, or even taking another position player who may have less question marks. I don't want to play safe anymore. I want to swing for the fences and if I strike out, what's the worst that happened? I wasted a first round pick? So what. Every team wastes those all the time.

Who's your #1 pick then?

Too early at the moment. I'm hoping Rosen proves he can be the guy, however, I'm not seeing enough at the moment. His cost being the interest on the 2nd round pick would be ideal.

This would allow the acquisition of more draft capital for building the rest of the team. But like I said I'm not seeing enough from him to warrant such optimism.

Back
Top Bottom