What can Tua do that Josh can't? | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What can Tua do that Josh can't?

Too early at the moment. I'm hoping Rosen proves he can be the guy, however, I'm not seeing enough at the moment. His cost being the interest on the 2nd round pick would be ideal.

This would allow the acquisition of more draft capital for building the rest of the team. But like I said I'm not seeing enough from him to warrant such optimism.

Good luck with that. THAT DUDE DOESNT HAVE "IT" if anyone doesnt have it.

Good luck with that. THAT DUDE DOESNT HAVE "IT" if anyone doesnt have it.

Like I said....I'm not optimistic based upon early returns, but neither were Giant fans when Jones was selected....perhaps lighting can strike twice, or so I'm told.

Like I said....I'm not optimistic based upon early returns, but neither were Giant fans when Jones was selected....perhaps lighting can strike twice, or so I'm told.

Jones isnt even comparable. Hes played two games. Rosen's started 15 and played in 17. I have seen enough. Jones likely isnt that good either.

So, look at this:

1569954264954.png

Miami doesn't even have the worst Oline in the league this year, as I've said before. So much for the "historically bad" argument.

Jacksonville, which also has a terrible offensive line, has ROOKIE Gardner Minshew with a 69.4% completion percentage, 226ypg, 7TD 1INT, and a 106.9 QB rating throwing to the likes of DJ Chark, Chris Conley, and Dede Westbrook as his top 3 receivers. If that's possible, what's Rosen's excuse? When do the standards of this forum get raised and realize that we deserve a better QB?

So, look at this:

View attachment 26967

Miami doesn't even have the worst Oline in the league this year, as I've said before. So much for the "historically bad" argument.

Jacksonville, which also has a terrible offensive line, has ROOKIE Gardner Minshew with a 69.4% completion percentage, 226ypg, 7TD 1INT, and a 106.9 QB rating throwing to the likes of DJ Chark, Chris Conley, and Dede Westbrook as his top 3 receivers. If that's possible, what's Rosen's excuse? When do the standards of this forum get raised and realize that we deserve a better QB?
I think the historically bad argument was for the whole team, at least I know I've made that comment before on here... After 4 games, the team is absolutely historically bad...

I think the historically bad argument was for the whole team, at least I know I've made that comment before on here... After 4 games, the team is absolutely historically bad...
They are, but my point remains that it's entirely possible for a QB to play well without the help of a bunch of Pro Bowlers. It happens all the time. Why nothing Rosen does is of any consequence until we surround him with a bunch of talented players just infuriates me, ESPECIALLY after this exact scenario already played itself out with Tannehill.

PFF is not well equipped to isolate and quantify the effect of keeping in extra blockers on protection detail. That's why they don't have Miami with the worst OL in the league.

When you keep in extra blockers it makes everybody's job easier, including the OL. If you have 6 guys in to block 4 defensive linemen, every single one of those OLs becomes a lot less likely to surrender a hurry, hit, or sack. Those pressure figures form the basis of the PFF offensive line grades.

Miami's kept in 104 extra tight ends, running backs, or offensive linemen on 168 pass plays. The Rams have kept those positions in for extra protection 80 times on 202 pass plays. They rely a bit more on WRs executing wham blocks and the like, which isn't as advantageous for the linemen.

They are, but my point remains that it's entirely possible for a QB to play well without the help of a bunch of Pro Bowlers. It happens all the time. Why nothing Rosen does is of any consequence until we surround him with a bunch of talented players just infuriates me, ESPECIALLY after this exact scenario already played itself out with Tannehill.
It may infuriate you but its true, look at the top 5 QBs in college football.

Tua - extremely loaded with talent around him on offense. Some say he does not but we are all not stupid to believe that BS.
Lawrence - loaded with talent around him, one of the best RBs in the game.
Herbert - one of the best offensive lines in front of him.
Fromm - very good line, good rb and wr.
Fields - good WRs, running game and line.

So the talent around you does elevate the QB play. It's obvious! The history of QB play says so.
Rosen has not a shot in hell to succeed with one of the worst teams in history.

Tua - extremely loaded with talent around him on offense. Some say he does not but we are all not stupid to believe that BS.

So the talent around you does elevate the QB play. It's obvious! The history of QB play says so.

He didnt do it last year either. Go look at his stats. Gamelogs. He didnt even give you a hint of improvement. He was worse than Josh Allen and he had a better situation on offense than him.

Of course talent elevates QB play. But it makes you go from good to better, better to great etc. It is not a prerequisite for you to actually look like you belong in the NFL though.

He didnt do it last year either. Go look at his stats. Gamelogs. He didnt even give you a hint of improvement. He was worse than Josh Allen and he had a better situation on offense than him.
That's just retarded.. Rosen was on another horrific team last year.

Arizona had the first pick in the draft and took another QB #1. They still haven't won a game even with a 1st pick QB who is running for his life.

Common sense..

Back
Top Bottom