What can Tua do that Josh can't? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What can Tua do that Josh can't?

Are you really using an example of a team that lost because their QB laid an egg in the most important game of the year to make your argument against drafting an elite QB? Is that really what you want to do?

You don't know that he's elite! That's the point many people are saying. Any claim to that as a fact is just asinine.

He may be elite in college, but that doesn't always translate to the pros. There's a myriad of circumstances which can lead to an elite/can't miss college player failing in the pros. Or, he could be everything he appears to be. Who knows? The NFL history is full of "can't miss" draft picks who fail miserably to live up to the hype, just as much as they pan out.

Now for the folks who don't have their heads in the sand on one of the two extremes, the question becomes - which is better, "bird in the hand" that you have at least some record of their performance in the NFL? Or the coin flip, where if he pans out you are set, but if he doesn't then your team is set back even further?

And for you "either for me or against me" jacktards who are going to read my above and think I hate Tua or am in love with Rosen - neither could be further from the truth. I would rather wait until the season plays out before making a decision instead of foolishly deciding before all the cards are played. Hell, there's dozens of possible scenarios at play, NOT just Rosen or Tua. To get zoned in one just one of those two is very shortsighted.

You don't know that he's elite! That's the point many people are saying. Any claim to that as a fact is just asinine.

He may be elite in college, but that doesn't always translate to the pros. There's a myriad of circumstances which can lead to an elite/can't miss college player failing in the pros. Or, he could be everything he appears to be. Who knows? The NFL history is full of "can't miss" draft picks who fail miserably to live up to the hype, just as much as they pan out.

Now for the folks who don't have their heads in the sand on one of the two extremes, the question becomes - which is better, "bird in the hand" that you have at least some record of their performance in the NFL? Or the coin flip, where if he pans out you are set, but if he doesn't then your team is set back even further?

And for you "either for me or against me" jacktards who are going to read my above and think I hate Tua or am in love with Rosen - neither could be further from the truth. I would rather wait until the season plays out before making a decision instead of foolishly deciding before all the cards are played. Hell, there's dozens of possible scenarios at play, NOT just Rosen or Tua. To get zoned in one just one of those two is very shortsighted.

Dude. Just stop.

We aren’t even talking about Tua. We are debating the merits of elite QB v average QB on a stacked team.

Yes, but not to the point where he would draft Darnold over Barkley.

I get the feeling finheaven and Dolphins fans are so desperate for an elite QB, they wouldn't mind trading a few high picks to move up from the 2 spot to the 1 spot if it comes to it in order to secure Tua.

I would rather the team trade back and acquire more assets and worry about the QB later if the opportunity presents itself, bottom line I believe in building up the team first rather than just solely focusing on the QB position like Gettleman did with Barkley over Darnold as a prime example of valuing the team over the QB position.
He picked Saquon, still sucked hard enough to get the #6 pick the next year, and then picked a QB to rectify his mistake.

This... somehow is your attempt at making a point.

[/QUOTE]
Ahh don't get your panties in a wad big guy. No need to start personally going after the kid. You do you, keep elevating your guy, it's all good.

Like your commitment to below average. Let me know when Rosen has more TDs than Ints. Hell let me know when he throws a TD for this team.

Wow, this Tua threads will be going on every single day for the next 10 years regardless of if we draft him or not. It's one thing to talk about what the team might/need to do for some people are just going crazy with this debate....lol

In my opinion there are only 3 QB's playing right now that are "elite": Brady, Brees and Rodgers. If you add in the potential elites/very high end QB's you get the Mahomes, Roethlesburger, Russell Wilson types. None of them taken higher than 10th overall. You know who was? Marcus Mariota.

Drafts are different, yeah.....but let's stop acting like the only way to get a top end QB is to take the first one off the board. "Tua or we failed". It's just so narrow minded.

Dude. Just stop.

We aren’t even talking about Tua. We are debating the merits of elite QB v average QB on a stacked team.
"Dude." Just stop. You know what wasn't what was being discussed in this thread.

Nice dismount, though.

How many assets d you want?

I could possibly understand if the team was rolling into the draft with 7 picks, but we have 3 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 fists next year and 2 second next year. The idea of passing on a top tier QB for more of that seems just dumb. You haven't made a single valid point that says "this is the ideal plan" other than examples that prove just the opposite.

Also, stop touting Gettleman as some genius after the Giants beat the Bucs, that is a ****ty team that could end up with a top 10 pick.

I don't know how many times I have to say I would draft Tua @1 right now if we had the choice.

In my fantasies though we get an RG3 type package for Tua and we roll with Rosen or trade up for Herbert or some s*** AFTER trading away first overall.

I think that's the best way to build this team in a hypothetical scenario.

And I do love Gettleman not only for taking a Dukie @6, but I thought he was right for taking Saquon the year before when it happened because it aligns with my philosophy of not overvaluing the QB position and letting one come to you like they did the very next year.

I also have a close friend who is a big CAR fan and he always talked about how good DG was for them...

Like your commitment to below average. Let me know when Rosen has more TDs than Ints. Hell let me know when he throws a TD for this team.

Didn't you watch this past game? He threw them. The receivers holding on to them is a whole other conversation.

I give up. I guess the one thing Tua can't do that Rosen can is be Toucan Sam with that Pizza slice nose of his.
I'm sure based on your own posting content and style, you're the perfect physical specimen who rightfully can criticize others' looks. LOL

In my opinion there are only 3 QB's playing right now that are "elite": Brady, Brees and Rodgers. If you add in the potential elites/very high end QB's you get the Mahomes, Roethlesburger, Russell Wilson types. None of them taken higher than 10th overall. You know who was? Marcus Mariota.

Drafts are different, yeah.....but let's stop acting like the only way to get a top end QB is to take the first one off the board. "Tua or we failed". It's just so narrow minded.
Patrick Mahomes is the best QB in football. Not most accomplished but since he became starter last year he's playing at a level nobody else is. He's elite

Back
Top Bottom