What can Tua do that Josh can't? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What can Tua do that Josh can't?

I mean didnt Gettleman just take a QB at 6? He seems to value the QB position. Not sure what you are arguing with the Gettleman angle. Really dont know what angle you are taking period but that was really confusing how Gettleman got in here.

He is a big Dan Jones fan...

RG3's brain derailed his career. If he had made any effort to protect himself, or listen to his coaches, ever, he actually might still be having a great career.

Either way, he made a huge difference in that team when healthy.

I keep reading and hearing how Tua is a generational talent and an obvious upgrade over Rosen. Let's take a look at a few things.

The chief concerns seem to be past injuries, decision making, and the notion that he's been a jerk. What am I missing? Can't the decision making deficiencies be coached up? Josh already said he's learned more in the last few months than he has during his entire career. Sure, it could be some hot air, but maybe there's something to it.

How much better of a prospect would he have been coming out of college if he was taught how to identify the Mike earlier? I'm sure there's plenty more he wasn't taught if he wasn't taught that basic job. High school QBs do that. Still, I'm of the belief that no matter how well Rosen plays this season, you can't pass up on the consensus generational talent. Remember how passing on Drew Brees twice stung like hell?
:munch::munch::munch::munch::munch:

I want a QB who is accurate, has a quick release, has pocket presence, is a play maker and scores TD's and hates settling for the FG. Does he exist?, I don't follow college that much outside of Trevor L as my daughter goes to Clemson but I long for that QB who has "it" and hope to God we can find him.

I posted in the other thread how the 3 yards per carry guys were unimpressed with Rosen's Sunday outing. They said that Josh's same issues he had coming out are still there, he holds on to the ball too long and doesn't throw with anticipation, while Tua excels in that area and is able to judge pre sanp and analyse post reads way better than Josh. I'm no expert evaluator so I will take their word on this. It stacks up on Tua though, if you watch him, he just makes QBing look easy, the lack of ints to me screams out loud with Tua, he gave up 2 in the regular season last year, I believe (went I think 10 games or so before giving up his first one) and hasn't given up one yet this season. He apparently had more TDs than missed passes on Saturday, the kid is ridiculous and passing up on him would be a huge mistake for any franchise.

I like 3yardspercarry just fine but they also labelled Daniel Jones pretty much undraftable. Early returns suggest otherwise.

Either way, he made a huge difference in that team when healthy.

Absolutely. I think if Griffin had taken his coaching to heart and tried to settle in and become a more complete quarterback -- and not bait defenders into trying to late hit him on the sideline -- things could have been so much different.

Of course, then he wouldn't have been Robert Griffin III.

I don't follow college football at all and only pay attention to the analysis of college players coming up to the NFL draft each year. Having said that, I'd really like to see the breakdown of Tua's plays against pressure, real pressure. Has he had any? Isn't he basically surrounded by teammates who are themselves top NFL prospects every year?

Against Clemson...two INT's, one for a pick 6...and a resounding loss.

We have tanked for him, so I want Tua...but I refuse to be part of this suck off.

herbert has more potential than both of them and after the combine will be the #1 pick
Based on prototypical size and arm strength, perhaps but I’ve seen lots to be concerned with. There are inconsistencies there. Should be interesting to see unravel. Tua is having an amazing start.

This has been one of the most entertaining thread to read and I appreciate it. You would think that 8-10 of you are either related to Tua or want to have his baby given the way you swoon. I think it's likely that we pick high, if not first overall...and it more than likely could be Tua so on that note I hope he is everything you guys are touting.
To watch you guys fight with everything in you to make every thing he does to be the best thing ever created is hilarious.
Did you see how he tied his shoe in between drives?? The tightness and lace direction detail showed exactly how cerebral and elite he is. How many QB's can get the lacing that perfect? It gives him elite footing and delivery. Rosen couldn't do that!

There is literally NOTHING that he needs to work on or that isn't absolutely perfect. Keep up the good fight guys :cheers:

I mean didnt Gettleman just take a QB at 6? He seems to value the QB position. Not sure what you are arguing with the Gettleman angle. Really dont know what angle you are taking period but that was really confusing how Gettleman got in here.

Yes, but not to the point where he would draft Darnold over Barkley.

I get the feeling finheaven and Dolphins fans are so desperate for an elite QB, they wouldn't mind trading a few high picks to move up from the 2 spot to the 1 spot if it comes to it in order to secure Tua.

I would rather the team trade back and acquire more assets and worry about the QB later if the opportunity presents itself, bottom line I believe in building up the team first rather than just solely focusing on the QB position like Gettleman did with Barkley over Darnold as a prime example of valuing the team over the QB position.

This has been one of the most entertaining thread to read and I appreciate it. You would think that 8-10 of you are either related to Tua or want to have his baby given the way you swoon. I think it's likely that we pick high, if not first overall...and it more than likely could be Tua so on that note I hope he is everything you guys are touting.
To watch you guys fight with everything in you to make every thing he does to be the best thing ever created is hilarious.
Did you see how he tied his shoe in between drives?? The tightness and lace direction detail showed exactly how cerebral and elite he is. How many QB's can get the lacing that perfect? It gives him elite footing and delivery. Rosen couldn't do that!

There is literally NOTHING that he needs to work on or that isn't absolutely perfect. Keep up the good fight guys :cheers:

I give up. I guess the one thing Tua can't do that Rosen can is be Toucan Sam with that Pizza slice nose of his.

Kids already been in the NFL a year and 3 games and couldn’t even beat out a journeyman QB for the starting position.0

Kind of an oxymoron there, no? A guy with very little experience chastised for not "beating out" a veteran with a decade+ of experience. Especially when it was clear in the preseason Rosen could things that Fitzpatrick couldn't. Which was only further proven after the Dallas game.

You don't think Miami's offense was much more electric in Rosen starts than either of Fitz's?

We went from historically bad through 2 games to outgaining Dallas in yards, into the 2nd half. That's a monumental leap.

You hold against Rosen that "his" offense only scored 6 points when he was the best player on the field for the Dolphins, in his lone start.

Against Clemson...two INT's, one for a pick 6...and a resounding loss.

We have tanked for him, so I want Tua...but I refuse to be part of this suck off.

Turnovers and a loss against a good opponent....this can apply to any starting QB in college football history.

Last edited:
Yes, but not to the point where he would draft Darnold over Barkley.

I get the feeling finheaven and Dolphins fans are so desperate for an elite QB, they wouldn't mind trading a few high picks to move up from the 2 spot to the 1 spot if it comes to it in order to secure Tua.

I would rather the team trade back and acquire more assets and worry about the QB later if the opportunity presents itself, bottom line I believe in building up the team first rather than just solely focusing on the QB position like Gettleman did with Barkley over Darnold as a prime example of valuing the team over the QB position.

How many assets d you want?

I could possibly understand if the team was rolling into the draft with 7 picks, but we have 3 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 fists next year and 2 second next year. The idea of passing on a top tier QB for more of that seems just dumb. You haven't made a single valid point that says "this is the ideal plan" other than examples that prove just the opposite.

Also, stop touting Gettleman as some genius after the Giants beat the Bucs, that is a shitty team that could end up with a top 10 pick.

Back
Top Bottom