What can Tua do that Josh can't? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What can Tua do that Josh can't?

This is what I’m talking about. You’re spewing nonsense. Wtf does Gettleman have to do with anything?
Dude just wants to pound his chest that Jones was drafted highly

he's right, we're all wrong. Jones is a superstar budding :surr:

Also its laughable how some want to criticize Tua becuase he "hasnt thrown a TD in the NFL" .... well no f***ing ****. Pretty hard for a college player to do that. BUT! guess what?! He will. What a downright stupid thing to critique. Not like Rosen has been lighting it up exactly in his small amount of time in the nfl

Keep in mind Nicky, he has a much better surrounding cast and has yet to throw a pass in the NFL. Alamaba is head and shoulders above most of the other teams they are playing against, the competition level is not on par. In the NFL, he won't have as much time to throw as he does at Alabama. It happens to many QB's coming out, they light it up in college and fizzle out once the competition level increases and removes that advantage. Not stating whether he is better or not, he may very well be, just saying at this point it's apples to oranges and we really don't know for sure.
IMO, if Miami drafts a QB it's going to be one that has the attributes to run the system the coaches are installing, not the other way around. They won't change their plans to fit the QB, the QB will have to fit what they are looking to do. Does a mobile QB or pocket passer with escapability better suit their system, idk, but if they're mimicking the Pats system, it's the latter. Lawrence or Fromm is a better fit in a "Brady" style offense than Tua's is. I'm no expert, Just my 2 cent observation, nothing more...
and while you're at it, ask @nick1 why he's ignoring our invitations to come have fun in The Lounge???

I guess this is all we have to talk about all year. At the risk of being repetitive there are three main areas that I am focused on with Tua.

One: accuracy and anticipation. He is throwing the ball before receivers are breaking, and it's placed well consistently. You can complain about how much great talent is around him but this is a trait that is crucial for success and translates regardless of what's around him. From this standpoint, the Drew Brees comp may ring true.

Two: presence in the pocket and ability to maneuver.

Three: intangibles such as leadership and competitiveness. This is vital for the QB position.

We've seen all the problems you have when you don't have attributes 1-3. Other than Pennington, we've had guys struggle in these areas. Guys might have had size or athleticism or arm strength but we just haven't had a guy with traits 1-3. We, of all fan bases, know how important these traits are because we haven't had them and have suffered accordingly.

I am not down on Rosen. He's a good prospect and it's hard to tell much with what's lacking around him. But I am not sure he matches well with Tua on any of my points 1-3. I think Tua is a stud in those three areas. Just bringing those attributes to the table could change the whole attitude of the locker room. These are traits that will rally the troops, which has been another problem.

Last edited:
Watch the game against Clemson.

Note the velocity (lack of) and trajectory of deeper passes(they float). Now go back and look at a few other games and ask if there is a difference and why. Comparative talent of opposing team perhaps?

Now ask yourself is this a generational QB worth of the #1 overall or not. Will he be able to put the ball into coverage against an NFL DB?

Should we even have to ask the above questions about a generational QB? The conclusion is obvious to me......

Watch the game against Clemson.

Note the velocity (lack of) and trajectory of deeper passes(they float). Now go back and look at a few other games and ask if there is a difference and why. Comparative talent of opposing team perhaps?

Now ask yourself is this a generational QB worth of the #1 overall or not. Will he be able to put the ball into coverage against an NFL DB?

Should we even have to ask the above questions about a generational QB? The conclusion is obvious to me......
His ankle was hurt late in the season. Not going to have the same velocity and trajectory when you're favoring your foot, but it is what it is. Guess we'll find out when he plays better teams this season.

You want to start this rebuild with a DE?

Given the way the Dallas game went, seems logical no?

Our QB had no problem completing accurate passes when given just half the time Prescott had to throw.

I'm also not making the decision today (or ever) so.....

Your trying to make the point that Josh Rosen is irrelevant, I get it.

Given the way the Dallas game went, seems logical no?

Our QB had no problem completing accurate passes when given just half the time Prescott had to throw.

I'm also not making the decision today (or ever) so.....

Your trying to make the point that Josh Rosen is irrelevant, I get it.

We have scored one TD this season. I think we need a QB.

And look how the Redskins did by ignoring the team and solely focusing on the QB like %90 of finheaven (not too good).

The team comes before the QB, finheaven is wrong which is why y'all mock David Gettleman who actually knows his s***.

Once again, a horrible example...they traded all those assets and had nothing to build around RGIII (the exact opposite of what the Dolphins plan is). Second RGIII screwed himself by taking so much contact and getting himself hurt. When he was healthy, before he got hurt, that team was 4th in the NFL and scoring and made the playoffs. As I said, he wasn't built for contact and that derailed his career, but he made a huge difference in that team...even as a rookie.

And look how the Redskins did by ignoring the team and solely focusing on the QB like %90 of finheaven (not too good).

The team comes before the QB, finheaven is wrong which is why y'all mock David Gettleman who actually knows his s***.

I mean didnt Gettleman just take a QB at 6? He seems to value the QB position. Not sure what you are arguing with the Gettleman angle. Really dont know what angle you are taking period but that was really confusing how Gettleman got in here.

Once again, a horrible example...they traded all those assets and had nothing to build around RGIII (the exact opposite of what the Dolphins plan is). Second RGIII screwed himself by taking so much contact and getting himself hurt. When he was healthy, before he got hurt, that team was 4th in the NFL and scoring and made the playoffs. As I said, he wasn't built for contact and that derailed his career, but he made a huge difference in that team...even as a rookie.

RG3's brain derailed his career. If he had made any effort to protect himself, or listen to his coaches, ever, he actually might still be having a great career.

Back
Top Bottom