What can Tua do that Josh can't? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What can Tua do that Josh can't?

Lol... giving an example using last year's Saints - Rams game that caused rule changes because the Saints should have been in the Super Bowl. Also, cool pick using an NFC championship game for 2018 and not... you know... the ACTUAL Super Bowl where Brady won again.

What is your schtick here? Are you actually Josh Rosen?

Just making good points about how it takes a hell of a lot more than an elite QB to win a SB as recent history suggests (not the other way around), but obviously people don't care about logic when it doesn't fit their agenda.

Just making good points about how it takes a hell of a lot more than an elite QB to win a SB as recent history suggests, but obviously people don't care about logic when it doesn't fit their agenda.
You're arguing against a point that literally nobody is making. You're talking to the Dolphins fan base who watched Dan Marino not win a Super Bowl because the rest of the roster wasn't good enough, remember?

Yes, it takes a team to win a Super Bowl. Got it. Already knew that.

The point is that having a great QB gives you a shot EVERY YEAR to possibly win one. It isn't a one and done. The years where your roster is strong, you're automatically a Super Bowl contender. At worst, you're still battling for the playoffs every year. I, as well as others, want consistency. A great quarterback guarantees you consistency, not a Super Bowl win.

You're arguing against a point that literally nobody is making. You're talking to the Dolphins fan base who watched Dan Marino not win a Super Bowl because the rest of the roster wasn't good enough, remember?

Yes, it takes a team to win a Super Bowl. Got it. Already knew that.

The point is that having a great QB gives you a shot EVERY YEAR to possibly win one. It isn't a one and done. The years where your roster is strong, you're automatically a Super Bowl contender. At worst, you're still battling for the playoffs every year. I, as well as others, want consistency. A great quarterback guarantees you consistency, not a Super Bowl win.

Wrong, the point I'm making is that the last 5 SB winners outside of the GOAT have proven you win the better team, not the better QB.

That's what Miami needs to focus on, building a great team and not just obsessing on the QB.

Based on your logic, there's absolutely NO EXCUSE the elite Brees should have lost last year after jumping out to that HUGE early lead, but that's exactly what happened.

Why hasn't Brees or Rodgers won a second ring again? lol.

Wrong, the point I'm making is that the last 5 SB winners outside of the GOAT have proven you win the better team, not the better QB.

That's what Miami needs to focus on, building a great team and not just obsessing on the QB.

You act like they can't do both...that is why you have a ton of money and a **** ton of picks. QB is one of them...they have ten more bruh. Not to mention almost 10 the next year...and fi they do things right...10 each year after.

Based on your logic, there's absolutely NO EXCUSE the elite Brees should have lost last year after jumping out to that HUGE early lead, but that's exactly what happened.

Why hasn't Brees or Rodgers won a second ring again?
Your point is based on a 5 GAME sample size? Unreal. Spew your garbage, Josh Rosen. Done trying to have a real conversation with you since you're outrageously biased.

IMO that answer has to be deferred at least 6 more games. If at that time, Rosen despite his offensive shackles looks good and scores points against bonefide NFL defenders, it's something he'll have up on Tua who is facing a lot of future FEDEX drivers. And if not, we'll know to shoot craps on Tua even though he's not really been tested.

You act like they can't do both...that is why you have a ton of money and a **** ton of picks. QB is one of them...they have ten more bruh. Not to mention almost 10 the next year...and fi they do things right...10 each year after.

I keep saying they should draft Tua because QB is the most important position, but sometimes you gotta take an RG3 type deal if it's there and turn into the Rams because it takes a great TEAM to win a SB, not just a great QB.

TBD.

I think there is a lot more evaluation to do on both QB's before anything is decided.

Thankfully the Dolphins agree because......how could they not?

I like the things Rosen can do. I like the things Tua can do. I don't want to join one side or the other 1 start into Rosen's tenure. I am an also an Alabama skeptic. I ALSO don't want to miss out on a generational talent if Rosen is just good. I don't think there is a need to fall in line with either "side" right now.

I don't really want to have both for some reason though, but if it comes to that so be it.

This FO values draft picks and flexibility above all else right.

I contend that by April, the decision will likely be a lot clearer than it is today. I think this is what has people a bit on edge; the current path hasn't been defined.

Believe it or not, it's easier to evaluate the situation once the games are all actually played.

TBD.

Well said, I am also in the take a step back, and, watch all the possble QBs for 2020.

I root for Josh only because if Miami does not have to use a 1st, they can use the pick on a premium player at another need, and speeding up the process of making Miami a competive playoff team again.

Tua is a special player, and so far in the games he has played, has not disappointed even a little.

Best way to do this is to wait to get all the data, don't let your mind fall too far into either camp, and make decision after season when you have all the data at your fingertips.

I think Miami is doing this, they are not in a 100% mindset for Tua, just because the owner said he liked him, and not all in with Rosen just because they traded for him, and have him cheap for a bit.

This actually is a very exciting time, though Sundays are a bit depressing.

Your point is based on a 5 GAME sample size? Unreal. Spew your garbage, Josh Rosen. Done trying to have a real conversation with you since you're outrageously biased.

5 game sample size? These are the last 5 SB winners.

Outside of Brady the f****** GOAT who ALSO has an elite team, all of the other recent SB winners have won with the better team, not just simply the most elite QB lol.

Where are Brees and Rodgers second rings again? They should have them by now...

I keep saying they should draft Tua because QB is the most important position, but sometimes you gotta take an RG3 type deal if it's there an end up like the Rams because it takes a great TEAM to win a SB, not just a great QB.
This is how I know you don't actually watch much football. Either that, or you have a terrible memory.

The Rams, despite getting all that capital from RG3, traded UP to get Goff from #15 to #1. They gave up a first-round pick (2016), two second-round picks (2016), a third-round pick (2016), a first-round pick (2017) and another third-round pick (2017).

Funny, your own example you gave proved that they valued QB over a "team". Jesus...

5 game sample size? These are the last 5 SB winners.

Outside of Brady the f****** GOAT who ALSO has an elite team, all of the other recent SB winners have won with the better team, not just simply the most elite QB lol.

Where are Brees and Rodgers second rings again? They should have them by now...
You didn't give the last 5 SB winners. You gave 4 and an NFC championship game as your example.

I think Tua is more polished. He makes quicker reads, gets the ball out quicker and overall is a better decision maker. Hes also got more mobility going for him, better anticipation and ball placement. I like Rosen but Tua is better
Keep in mind Nicky, he has a much better surrounding cast and has yet to throw a pass in the NFL. Alamaba is head and shoulders above most of the other teams they are playing against, the competition level is not on par. In the NFL, he won't have as much time to throw as he does at Alabama. It happens to many QB's coming out, they light it up in college and fizzle out once the competition level increases and removes that advantage. Not stating whether he is better or not, he may very well be, just saying at this point it's apples to oranges and we really don't know for sure.
IMO, if Miami drafts a QB it's going to be one that has the attributes to run the system the coaches are installing, not the other way around. They won't change their plans to fit the QB, the QB will have to fit what they are looking to do. Does a mobile QB or pocket passer with escapability better suit their system, idk, but if they're mimicking the Pats system, it's the latter. Lawrence or Fromm is a better fit in a "Brady" style offense than Tua's is. I'm no expert, Just my 2 cent observation, nothing more...

This is how I know you don't actually watch much football. Either that, or you have a terrible memory.

The Rams, despite getting all that capital from RG3, traded UP to get Goff from #15 to #1. They gave up a first-round pick (2016), two second-round picks (2016), a third-round pick (2016), a first-round pick (2017) and another third-round pick (2017).

Funny, your own example you gave proved that they valued QB over a "team". Jesus...

And they lost the SB, but were still good enough to beat the elite Brees lol.

Back
Top Bottom