What Did the Miami Dolphins Buy with $210 Million? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Did the Miami Dolphins Buy with $210 Million?

LouPhinFan

It's ok to say "I don't know".
Club Member
Reaction score
Goy. I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize it was THIS bad.

http://thelatestreviewer.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/2114/

Let’s stay focused on the draft and free agency. Rumors are swirling around that the Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins are working on a trade for LT Branden Albert in exchange for a 2nd rounder, due to a hole at the tackle position which completely boggles my mind. I’m not here to offer an opinion on the deal (it’s dumb). Instead, I’m going to show you the ineptitude of this organization by displaying their inability to put together a quality O-line since the Parcells/Ireland era began in 2008 with one simple stat: The Miami Dolphins have handed out roughly $210 million in contracts to offensive lineman.

Every year we sign O-lineman to huge contracts.... When will we learn that you can draft early/mid/late round guys and still win.

Ireland, go call Belichick, he'll teach you something.

If they would have put as much effort and money into play makers, they would be consistently in the playoff hunt.

Yet we didn't sign Jake Long and arenow poised to give similar money to a LT that will also cost us a 2nd round draft pick.

Justin Smiley and Jake Grove being the two biggest culprits. Two guys with well known medical issues. Yet, this team still gave them big contracts. You could include Jake Long in this, but at least you got three good years out of him before he started falling apart.

Can we buy touchdowns? I mean people that score touchdowns? Or would it be cheaper to buy touchdowns? I joke I JOKE, I kid I kid!

How much actual money did those guys receive? Contracts are made to be broken in the NFL. Those numbers are just funny money.

A lot of speculation on the writters part, and I really don't know what his point is. Is he saying we should spend more, draft higher, or except a poor OL?? We have spent no where near as many resources on OL as SF and they were in the super bowl last year. Does Jeff need to hit on a higher number of his picks, I think we would all like to see that, but I can assure you that every other team in the league would also.

Writter says we are trying to upgrade the guard and tackle positions of Jerry and Martin. This is pure speculation. There have been no discussions of bringing in 2 new starters at the tackle position that I have heard. If we bring in one that means Martin is expected to start. Same with Jerry, we brought in Louis which was stated was as a backup. I am sure Louis has a chance to become the starter but that doesn't mean they are being pressured into upgrading the position.

Every position on the team can be upgraded, but I would consider offensive guard as one of the last ones in NEED of an upgrade. We didn't match the rams offer for Jake and will have to upgrade that position, but it isn't as if the player picked (Jake) isn't a starter in the NFL, we were just out bid. By the writter's logic I guess he would consider Mike Wallace a bad pick by the steelers since he is no longer on their team.

If you want a GM who can tell the future you are asking too much. None of them can. If you want to give credit for a GM hitting on a Tom Brady the question must be asked "if the guy was so smart why did he wait til the 5th rd to pick him"? This type of hatchet job can be written by anyone on any subject. When you only tell half the story you can make anything look one sided.

I have supported Ireland at times and have been critical of him as well. I hated the Odrick/Misi pick at the time and hate it now. I liked the Pouncey pick and LOVE it now. I like the direction of the team and I personally feel that Ireland and Philbin are doing a good job and have the ship headed in the correct direction. We have a QB that everyone said Ireland could never bring us. We have addressed the WR position, and have a strong defense. We have a lot of the pieces in place to be a contending team, and that is all you can ask of a GM.

Another question that should have been asked : 'How much money was wasted employing Parcells?'

Back
Top Bottom