What Did the Miami Dolphins Buy with $210 Million? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Did the Miami Dolphins Buy with $210 Million?

No. That's the contract they gave the player. And as he said, it further shows how poorly they've run the OL that they cut these guys before they even got close to getting their full contract.

Can you read? The article clearly says "What Did the Miami Dolphins Buy with $210 Million? " in the title. And then he says we didn't actually spend $210 million on these players when he claims "most of the contracts never reached their full maturity".

So what part of this contradiction do you not understand? It was clearly an embellishment of the facts in order to make a convoluted point.

Yeah but we're not there yet. As of right this second we're a Mike Wallace injury away from having almost the same WR core as we did last season. We have some of the pieces to contend, yes, but how long did that take? Since 2008, that's how long. Ireland isn't a very good judge of talent and he struggles in planning for the future. He doesn't think big picture. He's simply not a very good GM and why people continue to defend the guy is beyond my comprehension.
WHAT?? We had more cap space and more draft picks than anyone in the freaking league. How is that not planning for the future, or seeing the big picture?? You want to say he isn't a great judge of talent, then ok that is a discussion we can have, but big picture, future planning he is as good as there is in the league, maybe the very best.

WHAT?? We had more cap space and more draft picks than anyone in the freaking league. How is that not planning for the future, or seeing the big picture?? You want to say he isn't a great judge of talent, then ok that is a discussion we can have, but big picture, future planning he is as good as there is in the league, maybe the very best.

How did we get that cap space and draft picks?

They all defend a GM that has yet to produce a team that finished a season over .500. I'd call that an agenda.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

No. That's the contract they gave the player. And as he said, it further shows how poorly they've run the OL that they cut these guys before they even got close to getting their full contract.
Yeah I got an agenda. My agenda is that not one DAM N team that changes GMs every other year has ever became a winning franchise in the NFL. Starting over every time a GM doesn't spit out a super bowl the first 2 years would equal us NEVER getting a superbowl. Our biggest problem the last 3 decades is this idea that if someone hasn't gotten it done in 3 or 4 years then cann him. Yet all the good teams keep there FO people and give them time to grow. Jeff isn't perfect and nobody is, but he is growing into the position and we are getting out of the hole that we have been in for the last 20 years. Is Jeff the answer?? That we don't know yet, but one thing is 100% sure. And that is if we go get another GM/coach and direction, then every player we have will have to be replaced for the new design of whoever we bring in. So we can see if this upswing we are on is for real or we can hit reset and start the whole thing over again like a dam n expansion team. I for one am tired of starting over every other year.

Is that the total contracts for all offensive linemen or is that what we paid them. Not all the OL got there full contracts. And id also like to see that compared to the rest of the league

How did we get that cap space and draft picks?

By not being stupid and signing players like Flynn and all the other players that 99% of the fans wanted him to sign. By not over paying players, and by understanding that ruining all your cap space before you get your QB is a worthless waste of time!!! Now we have our QB AND enough cap and picks to starting building a winner around him, THANKS TO A SMART GM.

Yeah I got an agenda. My agenda is that not one DAM N team that changes GMs every other year has ever became a winning franchise in the NFL. Starting over every time a GM doesn't spit out a super bowl the first 2 years would equal us NEVER getting a superbowl. Our biggest problem the last 3 decades is this idea that if someone hasn't gotten it done in 3 or 4 years then cann him. Yet all the good teams keep there FO people and give them time to grow. Jeff isn't perfect and nobody is, but he is growing into the position and we are getting out of the hole that we have been in for the last 20 years. Is Jeff the answer?? That we don't know yet, but one thing is 100% sure. And that is if we go get another GM/coach and direction, then every player we have will have to be replaced for the new design of whoever we bring in. So we can see if this upswing we are on is for real or we can hit reset and start the whole thing over again like a dam n expansion team. I for one am tired of starting over every other year.

But he's been here since 2008.

By not being stupid and signing players like Flynn and all the other players that 99% of the fans wanted him to sign. By not over paying players, and by understanding that ruining all your cap space before you get your QB is a worthless waste of time!!! Now we have our QB AND enough cap and picks to starting building a winner around him, THANKS TO A SMART GM.

No we got the cap space from expiring dead money from OL contracts (Jake Grove is a rich man) and not having an alpha receiver or #1 corner (among other important positions) on the pay roll. We have the picks because we've traded players that failed our franchise for them. He flipped Marshall from 2 #2s to 2 #3s. Vontae Davis flipped from a 1st rounder for a 2nd rounder. Another failure. Sure he's done a few good things in regards to not handing out stupid contracts to subpar QBs but we've got this offseason mostly because of the personel failures of our GM.

Back
Top Bottom