What Did the Miami Dolphins Buy with $210 Million? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Did the Miami Dolphins Buy with $210 Million?

A lot of speculation on the writters part, and I really don't know what his point is. Is he saying we should spend more, draft higher, or except a poor OL?? We have spent no where near as many resources on OL as SF and they were in the super bowl last year. Does Jeff need to hit on a higher number of his picks, I think we would all like to see that, but I can assure you that every other team in the league would also.

Writter says we are trying to upgrade the guard and tackle positions of Jerry and Martin. This is pure speculation. There have been no discussions of bringing in 2 new starters at the tackle position that I have heard. If we bring in one that means Martin is expected to start. Same with Jerry, we brought in Louis which was stated was as a backup. I am sure Louis has a chance to become the starter but that doesn't mean they are being pressured into upgrading the position.

Every position on the team can be upgraded, but I would consider offensive guard as one of the last ones in NEED of an upgrade. We didn't match the rams offer for Jake and will have to upgrade that position, but it isn't as if the player picked (Jake) isn't a starter in the NFL, we were just out bid. By the writter's logic I guess he would consider Mike Wallace a bad pick by the steelers since he is no longer on their team.

If you want a GM who can tell the future you are asking too much. None of them can. If you want to give credit for a GM hitting on a Tom Brady the question must be asked "if the guy was so smart why did he wait til the 5th rd to pick him"? This type of hatchet job can be written by anyone on any subject. When you only tell half the story you can make anything look one sided.

I have supported Ireland at times and have been critical of him as well. I hated the Odrick/Misi pick at the time and hate it now. I liked the Pouncey pick and LOVE it now. I like the direction of the team and I personally feel that Ireland and Philbin are doing a good job and have the ship headed in the correct direction. We have a QB that everyone said Ireland could never bring us. We have addressed the WR position, and have a strong defense. We have a lot of the pieces in place to be a contending team, and that is all you can ask of a GM.

Yeah but we're not there yet. As of right this second we're a Mike Wallace injury away from having almost the same WR core as we did last season. We have some of the pieces to contend, yes, but how long did that take? Since 2008, that's how long. Ireland isn't a very good judge of talent and he struggles in planning for the future. He doesn't think big picture. He's simply not a very good GM and why people continue to defend the guy is beyond my comprehension.

Why does that matter?

It matters because if you watched the 30 for 30 Elway to Marino, organizations aren't filled with guys who agree on everything. Acorsi was the GM for the Colts. His owner pretty much cut him off at the knees to trade Elway. That article is about blame and spending more money on another OL in Albert. Who was responsible for what? Find the answers and make a complete article. The decisions made during Parcells' time as decision maker shouldn't fall on Ireland. And vice versa. They aren't the same guy. If Parcells was GM, I believe Tannehill isn't a Dolphin. He doesn't fit Parcells QB requirements. This isn't the Parcells/Ireland regime anymore. Its Ireland/Philbin.

Very misleading statement. First of all it doesn't day the money is NEW contracts. So when you add the number of positions and players turned over on the line and divide it be the $210M it is less damning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very misleading article. The first problem is it lists the players' contract maximum, instead of money actually paid out to the player. And if you take Jake Long off the list, which included his pre-CBA inflated #1 overall pick contract, the average salary per OL gets cut in half. The author makes it sound like we spent $210 million, but thats just contract fluff and not money actually paid. I dont think even Armando would make such a convoluted point.

O-LINE has been the scapegoat for lack of playmakers for YEARS now.

we have had o-line's good enough to win, many playoff teams having equal talent. aaron rogers in green bay is the MOST SACKED QB in the nfl but they win games and go to the playoffs. they have PLAYMAKERS. they SCORE POINTS!!

what we havnt had is PLAYMAKERS who can score. game changers. players who actually WORRY bill billicheck.

Very misleading article. The first problem is it lists the players' contract maximum, instead of money actually paid out to the player. And if you take Jake Long off the list, which included his pre-CBA inflated #1 overall pick contract, the average salary per OL gets cut in half. The author makes it sound like we spent $210 million, but thats just contract fluff and not money actually paid. I dont think even Armando would make such a convoluted point.

This forum does not want facts spewed out like this because it defeats the agenda.

The bucks spent 96 million $s on a guy coming back from an acl that's almost half and that makes sense but the Fins try to do something to get out from under the Pats and ???????
I like what is happening and I hope for a good draft I think Philbin will help Ireland get it done.
Parcells is good for **** the guy gets away with murder he brought the brilliant Sporano the "Beautiful mind of football"

The author didn't mislead anyone. This is taken directly from the article:

Do note that most of the contracts never reached their full maturity, but that only further strengthens my argument for the lunacy in still allowing Ireland to manage this ball club because of how many mistakes he had to correct by cutting/trading players.

Did you not read the whole article?

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

This forum does not want facts spewed out like this because it defeats the agenda.

What agenda does this forum have? Sorry, I don't wear tinfoil hats.

It matters because if you watched the 30 for 30 Elway to Marino, organizations aren't filled with guys who agree on everything. Acorsi was the GM for the Colts. His owner pretty much cut him off at the knees to trade Elway. That article is about blame and spending more money on another OL in Albert. Who was responsible for what? Find the answers and make a complete article. The decisions made during Parcells' time as decision maker shouldn't fall on Ireland. And vice versa. They aren't the same guy. If Parcells was GM, I believe Tannehill isn't a Dolphin. He doesn't fit Parcells QB requirements. This isn't the Parcells/Ireland regime anymore. Its Ireland/Philbin.

Ireland held the position of GM while Parcells was here. How do we know which were his decisions and which were Parcells' decisions? I know the Ireland zombies LOVE to blame everything on Parcells when he was here but there's no way to know what was what. You basically just have to take it at face value.

The author didn't mislead anyone. This is taken directly from the article:

Did you not read the whole article?

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

What agenda does this forum have? Sorry, I don't wear tinfoil hats.

Of course I read it. The misleading part is when he says that most contracts didn't reach their full maturity, but then when computing his numbers, he uses the full maturity level of the contract. Sounds a little contradictory?

The agenda of hating losing season after losing season

They all defend a GM that has yet to produce a team that finished a season over .500. I'd call that an agenda.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Of course I read it. The misleading part is when he says that most contracts didn't reach their full maturity, but then when computing his numbers, he uses the full maturity level of the contract. Sounds a little contradictory?

No. That's the contract they gave the player. And as he said, it further shows how poorly they've run the OL that they cut these guys before they even got close to getting their full contract.

Sure there were big contracts but how much of that money was actually paid to those players? Also we changed blocking schemes and we have to get different offensive line players.

Back
Top Bottom