What do Dolphins do now that Jets have Nnamdi almost locked up? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do Dolphins do now that Jets have Nnamdi almost locked up?

Someone explain to me how the Jets were 20 million over the cap.They just locked up Holmes on a 5 year deal and the still have money to pay Namdi.

Someone explain to me how the Jets were 20 million over the cap.They just locked up Holmes on a 5 year deal and the still have money to pay Namdi.

they were never 20 million over

jets were 7 million under the new cap before holmes

restructuring sanchez saves a ton of money and then you have those exceptions

jets are in great cap shape

can someone please explain how the jets can have so much money invested in revis, sign holmes to this contract in which im sure will not be cheap, and then to top it off,be able to sign Nhamdi who will prob command more than revis, and yet still be in fine cap shape? it makes no sense.

either way, get us bradshaw and get us orton and we r beter than the jets even if they get nhamdi.

**** the jets, they can sign whoever they want, they will still not win that superbowl as long as sanchez is leading them.

can someone please explain how the jets can have so much money invested in revis, sign holmes to this contract in which im sure will not be cheap, and then to top it off,be able to sign Nhamdi who will prob command more than revis, and yet still be in fine cap shape? it makes no sense.

either way, get us bradshaw and get us orton and we r beter than the jets even if they get nhamdi.

**** the jets, they can sign whoever they want, they will still not win that superbowl as long as sanchez is leading them.

tannenbaum is a cap genius thats why

bradshaw would be a good signing since he is a tough inside runner which will be key when facing the jets run defense which is top notch but he is hurt all the time

orton while good is a waste for a team that isnt going to compete

Sanchez is 9 and 2 in the playoffs and the defense is the reason the team lost in the afcg's.

tannenbaum is a cap genius thats why

bradshaw would be a good signing since he is a tough inside runner which will be key when facing the jets run defense which is top notch but he is hurt all the time

orton while good is a waste for a team that isnt going to compete
ya but who's to say we wont compete. you realize last year with zero qb production, zero running back production, inept coaching decisions, banged up o line, etc, we still won 7 games, which is nothing to write home about, but with all of that we were still 7-6 in wildcard contention after we beat you guys in mid december, before losing our final 3 to pretty lousy teams considering new englands team wasnt the real team for the most part week 17.

bottom line, we add a few pieces to our team, including orton, and with our offense in place, coupled with another year of our defense having nolans sysytem under their belts, we can easily be in contention.

Tremble in fear? Get real.

I will tell you what we do. We go up to New Giants Stadium and bust the Jests in their ****. Thats what we do. We beat them at their own game. We run right at them and pound the **** out of them. Then defensively, we dominate them. There isnt **** Namdi, Ghandi, or Gumby can do about that. We completely shut down their rushing attack with a stellar D Line then abuse Sanchez on 3rd downs like we were the Arizona boarder patrol. Then we celebrate on their field after a 24-3 victory, bang all their women, including Jenn Sterger and text the pics of it to Brett Favre and bring it on back to So. Florida. Thats what we do.

Sweat Gumby all you want. There isnt **** he or any other island on their team can do about us smashing their front 7 right in the mouth with our rushing attack and certainly nothing they can do about our defense totally overwhelming Sanchez and their running game. Sign Ghandi. Who gives a ****.

Because our rushing attack was so dominant last year? We don't even have a RB right now, let alone a QB. this team needs to get some balls and make a move. And trading a second for Orton is not what I have in mind.

ya but who's to say we wont compete. you realize last year with zero qb production, zero running back production, inept coaching decisions, banged up o line, etc, we still won 7 games, which is nothing to write home about, but with all of that we were still 7-6 in wildcard contention after we beat you guys in mid december, before losing our final 3 to pretty lousy teams considering new englands team wasnt the real team for the most part week 17.

bottom line, we add a few pieces to our team, including orton, and with our offense in place, coupled with another year of our defense having nolans sysytem under their belts, we can easily be in contention.

I think you guys can compete for a playoff spot, I don't think you can compete for the AFC crown.

ur right but is adding kyle orton really gonna make that huge of a difference

lets say you go from 7-9 to 8-8 or 9-7 is that really worth the lost draft picks and money its gonna cost to pay orton

dolphins need to build through the draft and establish a core, how many more veteran qb are the dolphins gonna try before they just draft one

fielder
griese
feely
culpepper
gus ferotte
cleo lemon
pennington

I think you guys can compete for a playoff spot, I don't think you can compete for the AFC crown.

Those are kind words coming from You Junc.I have to disagree the way we stand as of right now we are not a playoff team.Unless Hene pulls a Drew Brees.We will have too look at another year of missing the playoffs.

they were never 20 million over

jets were 7 million under the new cap before holmes

restructuring sanchez saves a ton of money and then you have those exceptions

jets are in great cap shape

On Tuesday, Mark Sanchez admitted that he was willing to restructure his contract to give the Jets some cap relief in 2011 to sign free agents. The Daily News has learned that as of Wednesday at noon, the Jets don't believe they'll have to restructure the quarterback's deal as of right now.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/je...-to-terms-on-five-year-contract-with-the-jets

Those are kind words coming from You Junc.I have to disagree the way we stand as of right now we are not a playoff team.Unless Hene pulls a Drew Brees.We will have too look at another year of missing the playoffs.

It looks like you will be getting Orton. You have a good D, I think you'll have a good running game and you have good WRs. You guys will should have a good team. The biggest concern would be Orton in a new system w/ no offseason. That could hurt especially early.

What do Dolphins do now that Jets have Nnamdi almost locked up?

uy86A-1.gif

ur right but is adding kyle orton really gonna make that huge of a difference

lets say you go from 7-9 to 8-8 or 9-7 is that really worth the lost draft picks and money its gonna cost to pay orton

dolphins need to build through the draft and establish a core, how many more veteran qb are the dolphins gonna try before they just draft one

fielder
griese
feely
culpepper
gus ferotte
cleo lemon
pennington

well, the thing is, i believe they can be better than an 8-8, 7-9 team. last year as i pointed out, with all that stuff i had mentioned we were 7-9, and adding a qb in orton i think can make a bigger difference than 1 game or so.

our entire team will be much better this season with the addition of a real qb, and a big time running back in both departments. also, although u never know if the schedule will be an easy or tough one, this years looks pretty good for us, which can make a difference.

as for giving to much up for orton, from what i am hearing, its a 3rd rounder which does not sound like to much to give up for a starting qb. also in money terms, i dont see us giving him so much money in guarantees, so if he is going to get all the money in the contract he is going to have to earn it, and if he does get it, that prob means the trade was a success.

well, the thing is, i believe they can be better than an 8-8, 7-9 team. last year as i pointed out, with all that stuff i had mentioned we were 7-9, and adding a qb in orton i think can make a bigger difference than 1 game or so.

our entire team will be much better this season with the addition of a real qb, and a big time running back in both departments. also, although u never know if the schedule will be an easy or tough one, this years looks pretty good for us, which can make a difference.

as for giving to much up for orton, from what i am hearing, its a 3rd rounder which does not sound like to much to give up for a starting qb. also in money terms, i dont see us giving him so much money in guarantees, so if he is going to get all the money in the contract he is going to have to earn it, and if he does get it, that prob means the trade was a success.

The division is really tough and there are 2 elite AFC teams in the division, it is going to be very difficult for Miami to win 10 games playing in this division.

Back
Top Bottom