What do you guys think your better at the bills at. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think your better at the bills at.

I can't believe so many people defend Feidler. The guy is an average NFL starter. They never should have given him that fat contract.

He is the reason the team hasn't won in the Playoffs. If they don;t go far this year its all on him because the running game should be more than adequate.

QBS Better than Jay:

1. Warner
2. Garcia
3. Cuplepper
4. Favre
5. Brooks
6. Mcnabb
7. Manning
8. Brunnel
9. Mcnair
10. Gannon
11. Greise
12. Green
13. Collins
14. Stewart
15. Tetaverde
16. Collins
17. Bledsoe
18. Vick
19. Brad Johnson
20. Brady

I would trade Feider straight up for any of these guys with the possible exception of Testaverde because of his age.

Originally posted by FFNSB
I'm not Bills fan. But some of your ccomments are really stupid.

First of all... coming from someone who spell "comments" with 2 "c"s and can't spell "course" you have little right to call me stupid.

Second of all...I'll direct you to Expos post about completion %, QB ratings, and winning %. Now, still want to say it's not up for debate? Bledsoe's "fragility" and age, not to mention his severe lack of mobility undermine his arm strength.

Third... Price is a non factor.. especially if you take Moulds out of the picture... Moulds still has some gas left in him, and probably still is one of the better WRs in the league.... but not so much better than any of ours, that I'd trade "Good Hands Gadsden" AND Chambers for him, Price (who is no better than Ogden IMHO) and a rookie who's never even had NFL pads on yet... Johnson never did ANYTHING on ANY team that has gotten rid of him, why do you think he goes from team to team EVERY year? Because he's that good? Please....
As for Remeirsma... he may not even BE a Bill this year... or is his lack of a contract...AND lack of an offer by Buffalo news to you?

Before you call someone's post "stupid", just because that someone disagrees with something you have said... you should make sure to keep your anger in check and take into consideration there may be valid points to each side. I disagreed with you, don't lower yourself to Jets or Bills fans status by calling people who disagree with your ever so enlightened opinion stupid.

dolfan87: "P.S. Jamie Nails was your starting LG for all 16 games in 2000. I believe you guys averaged 5.5 YPC going left that year."

Truth check: I believe Ruben Brown played left guard. Jamie Nails played right guard. You also might want to check what the average per carry excluding Doug Flutie scrambles was. I think you might find his YPC skewed the team results. His yards per carry did not come as the result of superior line play but his own free lancing style and instincts.

I can't believe so many people defend Feidler. The guy is an average NFL starter. They never should have given him that fat contract.

He is the reason the team hasn't won in the Playoffs. If they don;t go far this year its all on him because the running game should be more than adequate.

QBS Better than Jay:

1. Warner - Better
2. Garcia - Better
3. Cuplepper - Possibly Better if healthy
4. Favre - Better
5. Brooks - Nope Sorry
6. Mcnabb - Better
7. Manning - Better
8. Brunnel - Not a chance
9. Mcnair - Nope Sorry
10. Gannon - Better
11. Greise - Possibly...if he can stay healthy...
12. Green - Are you kidding?
13. Collins - You're NOT serious are you?
14. Stewart - see above
15. Tetaverde - see above
16. Collins - how many Collins are there?
17. Bledsoe - Nope Sorry
18. Vick - Not yet... maybe soon
19. Brad Johnson - Are you kidding?
20. Brady - We'll see this year if last year was a fluke.

I would trade Feider straight up for any of these guys with the possible exception of Testaverde because of his age.

You'd be a fired as GM if you traded for half of these guys..

Do you even understand the real terms of that "fat" contract?
Doesn't sound like it.

Why the hell are all of you uneducated Bills fans here? Go back under your rocks and learn to spell. You think that just because you got Drew Bledsoe that's he's going to be THE MESSIAH and end all this mediocrity in Buffalo. You think that you're the best team in the NFL when in actual reality, you're not. Time to face it Bills fans, hate to be so blunt, your team sucks, and the reason you're here is because you're insecure about your team.

First of all did you know that Fiedler is OLDER than Bledsoe. Of course you didn't. So the age comment about Bledsoe is...shall we say...S-T-U-P-I-D.

My question was who is considered by most NFL expert to be a better QB. The answer is Bledsoe. If it were possible to poll the GMS in the League they would agree with me. Fiedler is an average QB. Bledsoe has special talents.

The other question was what set of WR/TE is better...Miami or Buff. That's a simple question. Your said ours are because of our coach...nuff said. That is a foolish comment. It didn't answer the question. Once again.... in a trade for all of the Bills WR/TE for all of the Fins WR/TE straight up...would you do it? If your answer is NO...than you really don't know much about football.

Once agian I'm not a Bills fan. I'm a realistic Miami fan who happens to believe that Jay Fiedler is the weak link on our team.

5 years/ $25 million with a ridiculous $4 Million bonus.

Once again.... in a trade for all of the Bills WR/TE for all of the Fins WR/TE straight up...would you do it? If your answer is NO...than you really don't know much about football.

No... I did answer your question...can you read?

No I would not... why? because if I were the GM and I did...I wouldn't have a job for very long. Read my post... instead of trying to sound like you're so intelligent...
Why is me being stupid so important to you? Are you compensating for your own insecurity? Sounds like it.

So according to you he's the 7th best QB in the NFL. That's laughable. I'm new here but I hope these posts aren't an indication of the football knowledge on this site.

Culpepper...possibly better. Brooks...NO..I won't even go on.

Fiedler had a few good games at the end of the year. before that he should have been benched. Remember the 8 games in a row where he had 15 INTs and 2 Fumbles. I know I do. And I wasn't the only one booing his sorry arse either.

5 years/ $25 million with a ridiculous $4 Million bonus.

Actully Jay will only make 1.25 this season and if he is cut at the end of the year that is it. If he is on the roster by March first next year he gets bonus of about 2 mill and his base salary goes up to 1.5 mill. Again after that season we take no loss if we cut him. After that his salary explodes by roster bonuses and his base salary goes up about 1 mill. All his bonuses are roster bonus that don't get triggered untill certain dates, so it is not your normal signing bonus that can hurt your cap number after the player is gone. His salaries for the next 2 seasons are less than 95% of other starting qbs salaries, the only way he will see the big money is if he improves dramaticly or wins a superbowl. One more thing FFNSB what did you mean by Bledsoe has special talents? That was the silliest comeback I have ever heard? Are his talents to be able to get injured, and lose his job to a 2nd year undrafted QB? Or are they to be able to drop in production almost every season? I think many people get better arm and better qb confused. Well Belicheck didn't last season, but beside him all most people see is his cannon, but ignore his bad descions, his lack of mobility, his lack of big game production, and the fact that he has regressed almost every season when most big time QBs are at their best by 30.

So according to you he's the 7th best QB in the NFL. That's laughable. I'm new here but I hope these posts aren't an indication of the football knowledge on this site.

Culpepper...possibly better. Brooks...NO..I won't even go on.

Fiedler had a few good games at the end of the year. before that he should have been benched. Remember the 8 games in a row where he had 15 INTs and 2 Fumbles. I know I do. And I wasn't the only one booing his sorry arse either.

Do you also remember that he had no running game, no o-line, and it wasn't untill week 8 or so that CC started to emerge as a gamebreaker. Do you also remember that it was his first year with 3 of his top 4 wrs, or that it was only his second seaosn as a starter? I don't want to defend the guy blindly, but I don't want to bash him blindly either. He showed improvement and since their was no other Qb we could have got this offseason I will supoort him. If our running game clicks, and our D plays strong, but he continues to throw ints and lose big games this season I will probably be right with ya, but untill then I think as Dolphans we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

I defend him because he's the QB of my team. That right there is reason enough. And that "fat" contract is backloaded. Miami will owe practically nothing after the first two years. I suppose we should have gone after Jim Miller, Chrystal Chandlier, Rob Johnson, Jeff George, Trent Dilfer and all those other world-beaters that were available in FA.

He is the reason the team hasn't won in the Playoffs. If they don't go far this year its all on him because the running game should be more than adequate.

We beat the Colts in 2000. Jay bounced back and led us on the game-tying drive with about 34 seconds left in regulation.

I love how you pin our playoff woes solely on the QB (who BTW played half the 2000 season with serious injuries to his limbs). I guess a poor/injured OL, a non-existent running game, injuries at WR, a sieve in the middle of the DL, and a DC that wouldn't budge had nothing to do with it.

Do you honestly believe that a solid Fiedler performance would have made all the difference against the Raiders and Ravens??

Sell "enlightened" someplace else. We're all stocked up here.

Back
Top Bottom