What do you really think of Jamar Fletcher? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you really think of Jamar Fletcher?

1. CB Jamar Fletcher (Wisconsin, No. 26) - Signing bonus: $2,750,000. Base salaries: $250,000 (2001, plus $250,000 report bonus); $625,000 (2002); $750,000 (2003); $875,000 (2004); $1,000,000 (2005). Total: five years, $6,500,000. Cap value: $1,050,000. (for 2001)

His salary cap charge for 2003 is $1.3M. Fletcher hurt himself his first year (2001) and we really have seen him play for only one year. It was decent but not what many think was the quality of a first round pick. Most players are expected to produce by the third year or bust then Fletcher deservers at least this year to prove himself before being called a bust. Even if Fletcher turns out to be a first round bust, a pay cut and improved play from experience could still make him a viable player.

perhaps a position change?

Personally I feel this is the deciding year on fletcher with our cb system. He seems to be applying himself (in the offseason and hopefully onseason) much more than ever before. He realizes his job is in jeopardy with T-buck and lowe. However because he isa zone focused ball hawk his skill may translate better to a FS position not CB in our system. We do need a replacement FS very soon. Any thoughts?

I doubt he could play FS. He is a CB for a team like Tampa Bay. If he can get 3 INTs or more this year at the 4th CB position then I will consider him having a good year (hopefully he doesn'y allow alot of TDs and many PI calls).

Fletch disappointed me last season. I was sure he'd rise up at the end of the season and he faded more,

Back
Top Bottom