What do you really think of Jamar Fletcher? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you really think of Jamar Fletcher?

I don't see how anyone can say he improved last year. IMO he regressed. I remember him giving up two touchdowns to Buffalo last year, however Lucas got all the negative attention. This guy lacks the speed necessary to be a bump and run cover corner... and to think that Wanny drafted him to cover Santana Moss... what a joke! :lol:

Originally posted by dolfan4good
I don't see how anyone can say he improved last year. IMO he regressed. I remember him giving up two touchdowns to Buffalo last year, however Lucas got all the negative attention. This guy lacks the speed necessary to be a bump and run cover corner... and to think that Wanny drafted him to cover Santana Moss... what a joke! :lol:

Actually that is not true... Santana Moss was picked up right before we picked. The Jets had the pick directly before us and they picked him first. I remember this clearly because when the Jets picked i was begging for them not to get him and i was saying.. only one more only one more.. and then those STINKIN Jets got him. Believe me Wanny would have gotten him if he was available. (i think)

Jamar Fletcher? The positive- The referees in some games fouled him for dumb reasons, they don't know what they are doing and the latter is why some of them have been fired. The negative- He gets burned easy on slants and side-line passes. Not smart enough to read possible interceptions.

Originally posted by MissMeth

Actually that is not true... Santana Moss was picked up right before we picked. The Jets had the pick directly before us and they picked him first. I remember this clearly because when the Jets picked i was begging for them not to get him and i was saying.. only one more only one more.. and then those STINKIN Jets got him. Believe me Wanny would have gotten him if he was available. (i think)

I know that. That is why Wanny drafted Fletcher "to COVER Santana Moss". I was so upset because Drew Brees was available and if we couldn't get Santana then Brees was my next choice to learn behind JF. I think Waany and the coaching staff had a brain f**t during that moment. The Jets taking Moss threw them for a loop.

oh sorry.. didnt read throughly.. thought it said OVER not cover. My mistake. I thought we should have picked up Brees too.

I dont think he will ever be a pro bowler but he could turn out to be a solid starting cb

Wasnt T buck with the packers to start off his career and they lost hope in him, came to us and he was pretty solid. I could be wrong but I think this was the case

Originally posted by t2thejz
Wasnt T buck with the packers to start off his career and they lost hope in him, came to us and he was pretty solid. I could be wrong but I think this was the case

I remeber T-Buck getting a lot of heat while he was here as well. However, to me he got beat because he was trying to cause a big play, gambled and lost. I don't mind that. Fletcher just gets beat, period.

I understand that Jamar Fletcher has been working extra hard this offseason. I think he knows that if doesn't show mark improvement this year that his days in Miami are over. My gut tells me that he will have his best year in 2003. We will all know soon enough.

Some players have what it takes to play in our scheme and some don't. You've got to consider too that some people play better in nice weather as opposed to dreary weather, hence RW for one example. I know the team itself is a big factor also.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Jamar Fletcher is the best Dime Cornerback in the NFL (4th CB)

Period..

Wow. I feel really bad for the other NFL teams then...

But wasn't he the Nickle back last year? So then you agree, he's not the best Nickle back in the NFL. Only in the NFL are Dimes worth less than Nickles. :lol:

How many DB's did we play against the Raiders last year?? Are you aware that we played 6 DB's consistantly in that game?? I do understand what you're trying to say about Dime CB's not being valued much in the NFL.. But look at the AFC Champ last year and tell me what kind of offense they play.. I'm very comfortable going to a NFL game with MAdison and Surtain as starters, with Buckley as our Nickel and Fletcher as the Dime.. Fletcher is not the best Nickel in the NFL, Buckley is..:D

Back
Top Bottom