What do you really think of Jamar Fletcher? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you really think of Jamar Fletcher?

Originally posted by Dolphins_34

Yes for the first and probably only time in my life, I'd have to agree with Clump!

:confused:

That combined with your picture in the avatar makes me conclude that you are fan of some other team in the AFC east :lol:.

T Buck is still that guy I remember being schooled (10 foot in the air) by a Florida high jump record holder, Alvin Harper.

Originally posted by 1972dolphins

Ask yourself a question. Why was every big pass play that you can remember last year to the inside ?

With the exception of the ref's bad call in New England, nothing was down the sideline against any Dolphin defender.

Down the sideline there is no decision making. You have man coverage all the way down the sideline. In the middle, it's all the mental ability of the two players that are supposed to be in the play.

In that case, isn't it Jamar's resp to JAM the receiver from the and not give up the outside (no help) and still give the safety the opportunity to slide over? (like the KC game you spoke about) . He doesn't JAM at the line too well either!

Now that was a reach.

Madison nor Surtain jam well neither. That one handed push that Madison gives isn't exactly the most aggressive thing on the field. Do you want to release or trade them?

That combined with your picture in the avatar makes me conclude that you are fan of some other team in the AFC east :lol:.

T Buck is still that guy I remember being schooled (10 foot in the air) by a Florida high jump record holder, Alvin Harper.

Nope! Just still a bitter taste from last year!
Always been a Griese fan, but not a Jay hater either!
I live close to Michigan and watched him in college.
Die hard dolphins fan since 1983! (Thanks Dan)!
Hate the Jills but have to go there to watch Miami play.
Go Dolphins!

As far as Moulds goes, I think Madison shut him down last year. IMO the Bills coordinator burned Marion's decision making.

keep saying it and it will come true

Now that was a reach.

Madison nor Surtain jam well neither. That one handed push that Madison gives isn't exactly the most aggressive thing on the field. Do you want to release or trade them?

No pun intended right? :lol:

Look you can defend Jamar and blame the safeties all you want. In the end it is Jamar that has been demoted to Dime and is perceived by many as the weak link. Even the coaches must have their issues with him to cause them to bring in T-Buck.

Oh man you have got to be kidding me... in your home game? Statictically he Kind of did....
but he still gave up a 70 yard TD (and almost gave up another, but Bledsoes pass was a little too far)

but you know, that should be expected as MOULDS WAS PLAYING WITH A BAD BACK. He was "doubtful" at gametime... he was in some serious pain, but he sucked it up and when out there and played his *** off... he did most of his work in the running game, flattening Zach Thomas on one play. Drew only had like 100 yards b/c we didnt need to do much. Just give it to Henry, let him run you over. That was the offensive game-plan thanks to Lucas, and Ricky's inability to step it up a notch. We didn't rely on our passing game at all.

You can take pride in the fact that Moulds only had 80 yards, I'll take pride in the fact that it's all we needed to WIN the game and that he played like a warrior with his injury.

Thank you.

Okay, I'm gonna do something here, since I seem to be in disagreement with just about everybody on everything but when I do I want you to watch the Moulds play and tell me what happened.

Moulds had two catches in the game. As it pertains to Madison only responsibility, he shut him down.

But, if you were referring to my signature...
in that game Moulds had 196 yards.

:lol:

Actually I did mistake one stat and the picture.

I mistaked the picture for week 13 which he went 5 for 130 but now that it's brought to my attention there is no snow on the ground. I thought the picture was from week thirteen. Go to NFL films and check the play out. Marion should have been there.

And I mistaked the stat for week 13 for the stat in week 7 2 for 81.

But I got an excuse. :lol: I can't double check my posts cause I'm on this stupid freakin' rattin' tattin' stupid dial up !!! :badpc:

This crap is going to cause me to go away for a week until I got my 'puter back.....:badpc:

Dude, look at the jersey... this wasn't from last season!

:roflmao: LOOK AT THE JERSEY!

Originally posted by dolfan4good
IMO this guys game is weak. There were too many times when he got beat deep last season. There is a reason that Wanny brought back T-Buck... he doesn't believe in Jamar anymore.

I would equate Jamar with Paul Lankford, aka "TOAST". Remember him?

Don't forget to mention Don McNeal when you say Lankford...

Talk about a pair of nookends...

I think some people here are going to have to come to grips with the fact that the Jamar Fletcher situation is going to end badly for US the dolphins. He'll move on to another team, and no we won't get anything in trade for him thats just wishful thinking.

I honestly think he'll end up bouncing around the league for like 5 more years or so from place to place serving as a steady body at the cornerback position waffling between #2 and #3 CB. He'll probably put together one really good year in the right system (not a pro bowl year mind you) and he'll cash in on it with a decent contract somewhere where he'll be a disappointment.

But its time to stop hoping for the best with him. His talent was too great in the draft for us to think that he's going to "develop" into a good corner. Its just plain obvious now that this system is not suited for him and while this system is in place in Miami he'll probably never do well here. He's servicible, not good, as a nickel CB right now which means he'd be a good 4th CB because if TBuck goes down we dont have to panic over our 3rd CB spot as we watch some team pick him apart a la Jerry Wilson, and plus he's a warm capable body at CB which everyone needs, so we'll hang onto him as long as its cheap.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I think some people here are going to have to come to grips with the fact that the Jamar Fletcher situation is going to end badly for US the dolphins. He'll move on to another team, and no we won't get anything in trade for him thats just wishful thinking.

I honestly think he'll end up bouncing around the league for like 5 more years or so from place to place serving as a steady body at the cornerback position waffling between #2 and #3 CB. He'll probably put together one really good year in the right system (not a pro bowl year mind you) and he'll cash in on it with a decent contract somewhere where he'll be a disappointment.

But its time to stop hoping for the best with him. His talent was too great in the draft for us to think that he's going to "develop" into a good corner. Its just plain obvious now that this system is not suited for him and while this system is in place in Miami he'll probably never do well here. He's servicible, not good, as a nickel CB right now which means he'd be a good 4th CB because if TBuck goes down we dont have to panic over our 3rd CB spot as we watch some team pick him apart a la Jerry Wilson, and plus he's a warm capable body at CB which everyone needs, so we'll hang onto him as long as its cheap.

Unfortunately, you're probably right CK. On all counts. All we can hope for is that he doesn't hurt us as much as last year since he'll be spending less time on the field being the 4th CB instead of 3rd.

Well I mean its just the cold hard facts I guess. Does anyone know offhand how much longer he's under contract? He's a first rounder so I know he's signed longer than 3 years. I'm thinkin 4 years, maybe 5. We're halfway into the contract now...and has he been worth it? I mean one reason we drafted a CB in round 1 was so that he could offer IMMEDIATE help at the nickel CB position right there in his rookie year...and if he develops into a guy we can't afford to keep come contract time so be it, at least we got like 4 good years out of him holding down the 3rd CB role excellently. He hasn't done that. And here we're heading into a 3rd year and Terrell Buckley will in all likelihood hold down the nickel CB role. So 3 years after drafting him and we haven't gotten anything good out of him, and he'll only have 1 or 2 years left under contract. Is that worth the first rounder to you? Nope. You can go ahead and label him with that dreaded "bust" tag.

Back
Top Bottom