What do you think about WR Tyler Boyd | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you think about WR Tyler Boyd

We need to find some money and sign him. Would be a great addition

I'd rather have Boyd than OBJ, far less of a head case.

Not sure why Berrios has not flourished with us yet. Hopefully that "yet" will be a bygone word )
Berrios - 238yds and a 14.9 ypc did flourish with those number but they don't call enough plays for Berrios.

Boyd could be a great signing.

As a #3, he would have no problem, if one of the big two goes down, he is good enough to cover the 2 position, without the offense hurting much, and finally he also brings something we have not had for a few years now, a big receiver to take advantage of shorter DBs.

As any of the other options though, how much will he want? That is the critical question.

Last edited:
I thought we needed a big boundary receiver? We have Waddle and Hill which are both slots technically.

Rather give EE and Sanders (he is still with the team, right?) first shot rather than paying any kind of serious money for Boyd. Alternatively I would be thrilled if the team could draft Roman Wilson though not sure he falls to us at the right spot. Heck I might prefer someone like MVS who has some depth in his game.
EE is done. Nothing is going to happen there for Miami.

I’m enamored with Xavier Legette from South Carolina in the draft. Taller guy (I’ve seen 6’1 and 6’3) and over 220 lbs. But he still ran under 4.4 and has a 40 inch vertical. Good combo of size and speed. DJ Metcalf is far more of a hulk but Leggette can bring that dynamic here to complement our electric guys who simply aren’t that big.

I think Rice or McCaffrey are a couple in that 3rd round range who would be good fits.

McConkey is just such a good football player, but I do think 21 is too high. Thomas would be tough to pass there. I still think McDaniel could pound the table for Worthy.
The problem is the Dolphins don’t have a 3rd or 4th round pick in this years draft. Assuming they go offensive line and defensive line or edge rusher with their first 2 picks, they won’t have another pick until round 5.

Unless they trade up or down to somehow pick up a third round pick, the top WR’s in the draft will likely be long gone by the time the fifth round comes around.

Berrios - 238yds and a 14.9 ypc did flourish with those number but they don't call enough plays for Berrios.
Don't disagree at all - saw him open a number of times and Tua did not look his way or otherwise ignored him. I don't blame Berrios. I want him to flourish but it's certainly not all on his shoulders. I mean, he COULD beg for the ball and give Reek some competition, lol.

Coach and QB have that big play mentality, which is GREAT when it works, but they need to work on embracing the underneath stuff. Waddle is going to die taking those over the middle shots amongst a group of defenders.

WR3 open? Throw it.

TE1 open? Throw it.

RB wheels open after clearing out? Throw it.

EE is done. Nothing is going to happen there for Miami.
I tend to agree. I read where it used to take ~4 years for a WR to "get it" in the NFL, but I think we are now in the "if the dog don't bite early..." when it comes to WRs.

I still think he was an odd draft pick for this offense. His route running/tree needed a LOT of work.

I tend to agree. I read where it used to take ~4 years for a WR to "get it" in the NFL, but I think we are now in the "if the dog don't bite early..." when it comes to WRs.

I still think he was an odd draft pick for this offense. His route running/tree needed a LOT of work.
Another project in round 4. Project picks shouldn’t be taken until round 5 or later. Rd1 should be looking for star players, rd2 should be solid starters round 3 and 4 should be solid depth players rounds 5 and beyond should be your project players. No way Miami should be taking players like Igbinoghene, EE and Tindall in rounds 1, 4 and 3 respectively

Another project in round 4. Project picks shouldn’t be taken until round 5 or later. Rd1 should be looking for star players, rd2 should be solid starters round 3 and 4 should be solid depth players rounds 5 and beyond should be your project players. No way Miami should be taking players like Igbinoghene, EE and Tindall in rounds 1, 4 and 3 respectively
Totally agree, especially the bolded. We can say every GM hits and misses, but some of these are nearly inexcusable.

Even knowing it actually doesn't work out this way, I've always thought a 1st rounder should be a starter, and preferably a star, as you say.

I think we've had far too many projects over the years (although we've had a few that worked out).

Totally agree, especially the bolded. We can say every GM hits and misses, but some of these are nearly inexcusable.

Even knowing it actually doesn't work out this way, I've always thought a 1st rounder should be a starter, and preferably a star, as you say.

I think we've had far too many projects over the years (although we've had a few that worked out).
And i never understood taking players that will most likely not make the team in rounds 5-7 instead of say the best kicker or punter available with those picks. Outside of one year of Morestead, grier has not been able to find a decent punter lol Brandon Fields has been the last long term good punter miami has had

I think BB could be a Edelman type of given the opportunity. Loves Florida popular girlfriend, that he probably loves impressing, I wish they would give him a bigger role I think he would produce.

Back
Top Bottom