What does everyone think about this prediction???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What does everyone think about this prediction????

Originally posted by bills711
All great teams go through this fase its called rebuilding.

What the hell does 'fase' mean? I've looked it up and it's not there.........in any language. :lol:

I'm hoping this person meant "phase", and that he's not a representative of all Bills fans. Becuase if he is, they're in a really sad state. :p

Ok, now that we've had a laugh at your expense. Let's look at what else you've mistaken. You attempt to blow off the past with a "we're rebuilding" excuse. Then you proceed to use the past against the Dolphins. In fact, the past has little to do with the future. But lets look at it shortly. Yes, the Dolphins lost in the playoffs. The Bills were out of the playoffs by week 4 basically. Again to the past...the Dolphins haven't been to a Super Bowl in a long time. But we have won a few. How bout them bills? Yes, they've gone to a SB. How many Bills wear a SB ring? Grasshopper, its easier for the world to assume you're a fool. But you open your mouth and remove all doubt.

You contradict yourself at almost ever turn. Instead of wasting anymore time with you I'll just stop now. You're not worth it.
Be gone with you peasant boy!

one of the only qb's i do think jay is better than is kordell stewart...the steelers would get whooped by the dolphins stewart would throw even more int's than fiedler...as for the colts????? how did they improve theyre defence???two draft pix and a coach and they got rid of there safety cota????sounds like a drastic improvement to me!!!!the raiders well they had 2or3 first downs in the 2nd half of our game with them last year and theyre defence is weak against the run...the jets we will probably split with them but we do have a much better team.

Originally posted by IceStorm

What the hell does 'fase' mean? I've looked it up and it's not there.........in any language. :lol:

I'm hoping this person meant "phase", and that he's not a representative of all Bills fans. Becuase if he is, they're in a really sad state. :p

Ok, now that we've had a laugh at your expense. Let's look at what else you've mistaken. You attempt to blow off the past with a "we're rebuilding" excuse. Then you proceed to use the past against the Dolphins. In fact, the past has little to do with the future. But lets look at it shortly. Yes, the Dolphins lost in the playoffs. The Bills were out of the playoffs by week 4 basically. Again to the past...the Dolphins haven't been to a Super Bowl in a long time. But we have won a few. How bout them bills? Yes, they've gone to a SB. How many Bills wear a SB ring? Grasshopper, its easier for the world to assume you're a fool. But you open your mouth and remove all doubt.

You contradict yourself at almost ever turn. Instead of wasting anymore time with you I'll just stop now. You're not worth it.
Be gone with you peasant boy!

Your whole post had nothing to do with what I wrote. Why don't you read my post again and write something that makes sense.

in the 2 games we play the bills, theyre defensive line will make even our offensive line look good!!!!

Originally posted by stan marino
in the 2 games we play the bills, theyre defensive line will make even our offensive line look good!!!!

we had 3 rookies our D-Line last year what do you expect.

thats goin to be the defences down fall. if schobel dont post 10 or more sacks then ur db's will have to cover for too long...rookies or not ricky is goin to have a hay day running through ur undersized line...

OK... let's take your post...

...and dissect it...

All great teams go through this fase its called rebuilding.

:***...and for how many years have the Bills been "rebuilding"?**

Last year we had the youngest team in the NFL. All of our starters combined had an average of 3 years of experience. We had 30 out of our 53 man roster of players with 2 years or less of experience.

***Excuses? So many teams could use the same excuse... but they don't.***

Now in April we added best OL Mike Williams,

***How do you know for sure he's "best" he hasn't played a single down in the NFL yet...***

one of the best WR Josh Reed

***I can name many others better, on MANY other teams...***

and Best run stopping end Denney.

***Again... I'd hardly say he's the "best"... good maybe, but the Best? Get real...***

Now we have even more youth on this team.

***Anyone else smelling another excuse coming?...***

This offseason we finally added a little experience to that youth with free agent additions. London Fletcher, Trey Teague, Dave Moore, Eddie Robinson, Billy Jenkins, and Drew Bledsoe.

***Out of all of them... I give Fletcher a thumbs up... Bledsoe a HUGE maybe... and Teague a snub... the others are simply window decorations... You did make some good moves... but then you REALLY needed to... we on the other hand, made the few moves we needed to make...***

What the Dolphins to is go to the Wildcard game and lose

***5 playoff appearances in 5 years... how many for the Bills? Care to compare division titles? or Conference Titles? or Super Bowl Wins? or franchise winning percentage?...***

and never get any better because all they get is draft picks in the 20's.

***Never get better? considering we're a team that hasn't had a losing season in 20+ years... I see it as simply needing a few elusive pieces to move to the next level...again... one might say we now have those pieces... so ...AGAIN, the Bills will be watching the Dolphins in the playoffs, and maybe beyond, on TV.?...***

You guys will always be a Wildcard team.

***Another baseless innuendo... not supported by any fact.. so I'll ignore it...***

Broken down, your post sounds more like jealousy than anything... I kinda feel sorry for you...

Well... maybe not... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
bills will be improved but everyone is goin to run the ball down their throats...whether they have good cornerbacks or not wont matter. they are undersized on the defensive line and their safeties arent exactly the best...so the linebackers r goin to be too damn busy.

To Warfphat post

The bills have been rebuilding for about one year so far. They missed the playoffs two times in the 90's. I say their rebuilding because their going for youth.

How is that an excuse Last year we had the youngest team in the NFL. All of our starters combined had an average of 3 years of experience. We had 30 out of our 53 man roster of players with 2 years or less of experience. It's the truth. They didn't expect to do that good with such a young team. Its not an excuse those are facts that I like because these young players are going to get better and better.

For the rookies I mentioned they will be better then anyone you guys drafted.

How is it an excuse naming the free agents that we signed. So you make no sense. I'm just stating a fact.

***5 playoff appearances in 5 years... how many for the Bills? Care to compare division titles? or Conference Titles? or Super Bowl Wins? or franchise winning percentage?...***

You guys are never a top team and never compete with any teams when you guys advance in the playoffs. Jags 67-7. Ravens 20-7 I think. We have 3 playoff appearances in 4 years. When we lose we actually have close games. Like the Homerun throwback game we actually give teams a hardtime.

You guys havn't been getting any better.

For the rookies I mentioned they will be better then anyone you guys drafted.

I repeat... we didn't NEED to draft an entire team... we GOT what we needed, without having to "rebuild"... as for those we DID draft... I'm sure even your crystal ball can't be so positive that yours will be better...

You guys are never a top team

Again... let's compare division titles... conference titles... superbowl titles...
What part of "The best winning percentage in the history of the NFL" don't you understand?

You guys havn't been getting any better.

I think we just did... besides... at least we have NEVER had a 3-13 season... the Bills have no choice but to get better... you certainly couldn't have gotten much worse... by the way... we have improved in the past two years since Wanny took charge...11-5 the past two years.

How is it an excuse naming the free agents that we signed. So you make no sense. I'm just stating a fact.

I never said that your free agent listing was an excuse... take your own advice and READ my post... my "excuse comment" was on yours about "even more youth"... as in it sounded as though you're setting up to use that line again next year when you miss the playoffs - again.

Anyway... we'll see if you still show your face around here after we sweep you... again.

Going back to the original point of this thread, that is a pretty good prediction. I don't think it's that unusual to see predictions of a Fins win in the AFC East. Some people are picking the Patsies to repeat, but I think they're in the minority. It's a little more unusual to see the Bills picked in second place. The conventional wisdom among media around the league is that while the Bills made big improvements this off season, they had too much room to make up to go 10-6 this year, particularly since all three of their AFC East rivals were 10-6 or better last year.

Now about this contention that the Bills will be undersized on the defensive line. The Bills will start Pat Williams at one DT spot. Pat weighs in the range of 310+. The current favorite to line up next to Pat is Ron Edwards. After a very productive offseason in which he added 15 lbs of weight and sports a much lower percentage of body fat than a year ago, he weighs in at 304. Aaron Schobel will likely be the lightest starter at around 270. At the other end spot, the Bills may start Tyrone Robertson who played DT last year. He is up 10 lbs of muscle to around 295 this year. If Ryan Denny gets much time in the trenches, he was 270 at the draft, but I think he might well have put on 10 lbs by training camp. Kendrick Office, another candidate, went from 250 last year to 270 now, Erik Flowers had problems maintaining weight last year but thinks he'll be a more stable 270 this year.

Granted, there are questions about a couple of spots on the line, but the competition should be pretty spirited. My guess is that when the line is finally set, the average weight across the starting front four won't be very far from the NFL average. It will be heavier, more experienced and stronger than last year. Will the Bills have some problems against the run. Possibly some, early on as things gel, but it will be superior to last year in every way.

If the patritot can beat the rams, we can too. Our offense cant compare really, but our defense blows them out of the park. aNd thats all that won the SB for NE, is their D.

well seeing as how lamar smith rushed for over one hundred yards last year on ur defensive line by an offensive line that was nothing but horrible...i doubt that a year of experiencing a whoopin is really goin to help that much...and is only goin to continue

Actually, Lamar Smith did that against a line without Pat Williams due to injury I believe, but even if he played it was at less than 100%, so it was against a team ravaged by injuries, as Cowart and Wiliams were out and either out or playing injured respectively.

i do believe he did break his leg there(williams), but ur defensive line gave up alot of rushing yards before that even...and cowarts replacement london fletcher is a good linebacker but he needs the tackles to stop the offensive line so he can roam and make tackles.(much like zack) Something that they didnt do last year even when healthy.

Back
Top Bottom