What does everyone think about this prediction???? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What does everyone think about this prediction????

Originally posted by WharfRat

The Bus has a few more miles on him also... he's not in the same condition as then either... and Stewart? He's due for his usual second year let-down.. so let's match 'em up... all day long...

Fair point wharf - Stewart's level of play is a question mark. But if he plays the same or improves then I'd happily take the Steelers to win. Not by a vast amount as Miami have improved in the offseason but I feel that the Steeler DL has the edge over the Miami OL. Also Fiedler showed against the Ravens (the only time that I saw Miami last year) that he's not great under pressure - and if the Steelers will do one thing its put the opposing QB under pressure.

Originally posted by BMarion31

Slaine, I personally think a Dolphins-Steelers game would be one helluva of a matchup. As long as both of the front 7 stay healthy, both running games should have little to no factor. Thats where th passing game comes into play. I believe, you may disagree, this is where Miami has the advantage. The game would come to who makes the first mistake, INT, key fumble, ot something of the such. That would be a great AFC championship......

BMarion - you're right - it would be a battle. Particularly if Ricky does provide the running game that you need. I think it's unlikely that your current DL would stop the Steelers running game stone cold and I'm less than impressed with your receivers other than Chambers - though Pittsburgh aren't in that much of a different situation.

Would be a great championship and no doubt.

Slaine, everything you said COULD happen, but Miami has the better defense nomatter what "experts" say about YOUR defense. Bettis is a nice guy, blah blah, but i think it was a groin injury that kept him out last year. And that can effect you for like your entire life. He is on his way out. Stewert is like Brady, 1 year wonder. I cant see him doing what he did last year, the only game i hope you do good in is week 1, then i hope you turn into a buffalo bill.... and die

Stan, while I respect your opinion, the buzz around Bills camp is that Tyrone Robertson or Ron Edwards is ready to step up in the middle. Edwards who was a 3rd Round Pick last year was around 285 during the season, but he has now bulked up to 305, and Robertson is the exact opposite of Williams, as he is a smallish, but quick player who can get penetration. Basically, our season rides on the Defensive Line. If they can improve, based on the other improvements we've made, we'll be good, if not then it will be a long season.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Super Bowl XXXVII:

St Louis Rams 32; Miami Dolphins 16.

Sure, there will be lots of cool story lines and great games, and a couple teams will barely miss the big game and a few will "get robbed" (No more "fumbles"?). But, when all the whining and excuse-making is done…there will be the Rams and the Dolphins…a top their conferences. The Rams will avenge their Super Bowl loss, and the Dolphins will grow better from here. The Rams will then enter salary-cap purgatory in 2003, while the Fish look to be just as good…if not better…in 2003.. Don't believe me? Have a VALID reason your team will come out on top? LET IT RIDE and post it on the message board and let me hear it! No prediction is true unless you say it BEFORE the fact! Heeeeere we go again this is exactly what I`m talking about, -stinkfish =superbowl,stinkfish=superbowl, stinkfish=superbowl year after year after year after year after year after year after year same f-ing thing then they get humiliated in the playoffs year after year after year after year after year and then the fans cry year after year after year after year year afte.................I love it!.............Then theirs always" "at least we were in it"year after year after year after year after year aft....................................

I like this part

" The Rams will then enter salary-cap purgatory in 2003, while the Fish look to be just as good…if not better…in 2003."
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I repeat... we didn't NEED to draft an entire team... we GOT what we needed, without having to "rebuild"... as for those we DID draft... I'm sure even your crystal ball can't be so positive that yours will be better...

Again... let's compare division titles... conference titles... superbowl titles...
What part of "The best winning percentage in the history of the NFL" don't you understand?

I think we just did... besides... at least we have NEVER had a 3-13 season... the Bills have no choice but to get better... you certainly couldn't have gotten much worse... by the way... we have improved in the past two years since Wanny took charge...11-5 the past two years.

I never said that your free agent listing was an excuse... take your own advice and READ my post... my "excuse comment" was on yours about "even more youth"... as in it sounded as though you're setting up to use that line again next year when you miss the playoffs - again.

Anyway... we'll see if you still show your face around here after we sweep you... again.
Does the word "mediocre' mean anything to you! year after year after year after year..I highly doubt THATS getting better!!:sleep: same old same team!smell the same each year too! Smells alot like stagnant fish to me!:lol:

Originally posted by bills711
To Warfphat post

The bills have been rebuilding for about one year so far. They missed the playoffs two times in the 90's. I say their rebuilding because their going for youth.

How is that an excuse Last year we had the youngest team in the NFL. All of our starters combined had an average of 3 years of experience. We had 30 out of our 53 man roster of players with 2 years or less of experience. It's the truth. They didn't expect to do that good with such a young team. Its not an excuse those are facts that I like because these young players are going to get better and better.

For the rookies I mentioned they will be better then anyone you guys drafted.

How is it an excuse naming the free agents that we signed. So you make no sense. I'm just stating a fact.

***5 playoff appearances in 5 years... how many for the Bills? Care to compare division titles? or Conference Titles? or Super Bowl Wins? or franchise winning percentage?...***

You guys are never a top team and never compete with any teams when you guys advance in the playoffs. Jags 67-7. Ravens 20-7 I think. We have 3 playoff appearances in 4 years. When we lose we actually have close games. Like the Homerun throwback game we actually give teams a hardtime.

You guys havn't been getting any better.
Hey bills 711 didn`t the broncos beat them like 53 -10 back in 99or 98? I seem to recall something like that. I`ll check into it ,Theirs so many fish blowouts that I have a hard time remembering them all.I could be wrong

Originally posted by TigerJ
Going back to the original point of this thread, that is a pretty good prediction. I don't think it's that unusual to see predictions of a Fins win in the AFC East. Some people are picking the Patsies to repeat, but I think they're in the minority. It's a little more unusual to see the Bills picked in second place. The conventional wisdom among media around the league is that while the Bills made big improvements this off season, they had too much room to make up to go 10-6 this year, particularly since all three of their AFC East rivals were 10-6 or better last year.

Now about this contention that the Bills will be undersized on the defensive line. The Bills will start Pat Williams at one DT spot. Pat weighs in the range of 310+. The current favorite to line up next to Pat is Ron Edwards. After a very productive offseason in which he added 15 lbs of weight and sports a much lower percentage of body fat than a year ago, he weighs in at 304. Aaron Schobel will likely be the lightest starter at around 270. At the other end spot, the Bills may start Tyrone Robertson who played DT last year. He is up 10 lbs of muscle to around 295 this year. If Ryan Denny gets much time in the trenches, he was 270 at the draft, but I think he might well have put on 10 lbs by training camp. Kendrick Office, another candidate, went from 250 last year to 270 now, Erik Flowers had problems maintaining weight last year but thinks he'll be a more stable 270 this year.

Granted, there are questions about a couple of spots on the line, but the competition should be pretty spirited. My guess is that when the line is finally set, the average weight across the starting front four won't be very far from the NFL average. It will be heavier, more experienced and stronger than last year. Will the Bills have some problems against the run. Possibly some, early on as things gel, but it will be superior to last year in every way.
Don`t forget Leif Larson at 6-4 295lbs.strongest guy on the team, Little raw but he`s a player!

with office and schobel being about 260lbs and the tackles being around 300lbs they arent too small, but this is the exact same line as last year!!! Now there can be said something for having the same unit together for an expended period of time, but this line had no sacks last year.. well hardly any if u take away schobel...who had 6...ricky's goin to love playin the bills

Originally posted by Billhoff
Does the word "mediocre' mean anything to you! year after year after year after year..I highly doubt THATS getting better!!:sleep: same old same team!smell the same each year too! Smells alot like stagnant fish to me!:lol:

If mediocre is being consistanly better than the Bills... I wouldn't be so yappy if I were you... besides, rotting buffalo meat smells just as bad... and draws more flies...

How do the Bills match up against this?

SB Champs

SB Appearances

AFC Champs

AFC East Champs

Perfect Season

Total Playoff appearances since 1966:
21 - out of 36years of existance = 58.3% of the time... we make the playoffs

Playoff appearances since 1990:
9 - out of 11 seasons = 81.8%

So again... if this is mediocre... the Bills must be pretty poor... or is that too much logic for you?

Originally posted by Slaine

Also Fiedler showed against the Ravens (the only time that I saw Miami last year) that he's not great under pressure -

Actually.. with that ONE game exception... Feidler proved just the opposite all season long... how many 4th qtr comebacks in the last half of the season? You sound like an intelligent person slain, I can't believe you'd base your total opinion of a QB on the ONE game you watched...

Originally posted by Billhoff
Hey bills 711 didn`t the broncos beat them like 53 -10 back in 99or 98? I seem to recall something like that. I`ll check into it ,Theirs so many fish blowouts that I have a hard time remembering them all.I could be wrong

Actually... if you even bothered to look it up.. you would have found that the Dolphins lost to the Broncos 38-3 in the divisional... after BEATING the Bills 34-24 in the Wild Card game in 1998...sorry to burst your bubble....

well maybe not :lol:

Actually... if you even bothered to look it up.. you would have found that the Dolphins lost to the Broncos 38-3 in the divisional... after BEATING the Bills 34-24 in the Wild Card game in 1998...sorry to burst your bubble....

well maybe not :lol:

The Broncos probably would have beaten them like 42-3 or something.

Actually the Wild Card game was 24-17, but honestly, the Bills should have won that game. They had a chance at the end not to mention, but if I recall, they turned the ball over 5 times. 3 of which were killers. Moulds fumbled his first catch of the game on a long reception from Flutie at the Fins 20, and then Flutie threw an INT inside the 5 to end the half, and Flutie fumbled at the 5 yard line to end the game, which Trace Armstrong recovered. Those were only 3 that I remember, and plus, there was a debate about the Andre Reed play. If he's awarded the TD, then the Bills probably settle for a FG earlier on that last drive, but since he wasn't, and he was ejected on a debatable call and the Bills assessed a 15-yard penalty, that screwed us out of any TD chance on that drive.

Dont all of you Bills fans have a place of your own to bitch, moan ,and complain?

Back
Top Bottom