What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19?

GOfins54

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Since he might come back in two weeks, what do you need to see to feel comfortable with him starting in 19?

For me, if he comes back healthy and looks above average (250-270 a game with more tds than ints), I'm fine with him going forward. I'd hope Asswieler is gone and replaced by Faulk. If 19 is yet another offensive disappointment, bench him mid season and sell out for someone in that class of QBs. It makes sense for the cap since his dead money is already high, this team is garbage at multiple other positions and the 19 class is said to be weak sauce.

If he can't come back healthy this year he needs to be done. He mismanaged his knee in 16 and cost us the entire 17. He held back on this injury from the coaching staff IMO and delayed his recovery. He hasn't done enough to be forgiven for not being on the field. Bring in any and all competition if this is the case. If he's healthy and looks horrible, same game plan.

He needs to come back and put the team on his shoulders (no pun intended) and go 5-1 to get us in the playoffs. We need to win because of him, not inspite of him. That would redeem him from the Cinci game which would of allowed us to go 4-2 or possibly 3-3 down the stretch to beat out tiebreakers and get in the post season. If he can do that I am all for him finishing out his contract. That Cinci game was a huge loss. I can accept the NE blowout, that was a bad game by all 22 but his boneheaded turnovers probably cost us the season so he needs to get us back in period like a good QB could. That would earn everyone’s respect. Honestly with two games against the Bills he really only needs to go 3-1. Yes I am completely discounting the possibility of losing to the Bills.

He needs to come back and put the team on his shoulders (no pun intended) and go 5-1 to get us in the playoffs. We need to win because of him, not inspite of him. That would redeem him from the Cinci game which would of allowed us to go 4-2 or possibly 3-3 down the stretch to beat out tiebreakers and get in the post season. If he can do that I am all for him finishing out his contract. That Cinci game was a huge loss. I can accept the NE blowout, that was a bad game by all 22 but his boneheaded turnovers probably cost us the season so he needs to get us back in period like a good QB could. That would earn everyone’s respect. Honestly with two games against the Bills he really only needs to go 3-1. Yes I am completely discounting the possibility of losing to the Bills.

Wins aren't a QB stat though. what if he drops dimes and goes 350 for 3 tds every game but we lose?

what if he plays like Rodgers did tonight and still loses?

Simple when someone punches him in the face, instead of laying on the ground pissing blood, get up and punch someone else in the face. There has been so little fight in Tannehill its embarrassing at times... if once again the offense is a complete failure then it is obvious he does not matter and he will have to take back-up money to be a Dolphin next year, as a backup.

Last edited:
I don't want him to start...

Ross is stupid enough to believe in Gase. Assure Gase that his ineptitude will be "rewarded" by allowing him to recreate the Phins in his image (Philbin 2.0).

If not, Tannehill will burn Gase's head coaching prospects because nobody will want them in any major capacity if they leave here.

I’m working on the assumption RT doesn’t play again this year. He’ll have to take a pay cut and understand he’s competing to play against whoever is brought in.

Back
Top Bottom