What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19?

For starters he needs to get on the field again THIS SEASON. Then play lights out or somewhere near it. If he doesn’t get back this year I think he’s done here and maybe done as a starter in the NFL

5-8 then he will win a couple of games to close the season, when everyone is phoning it in, then the usual suspects will get all excited for next season. Dolphin MO. (read Drake)

I'm not sure it matters what he does the rest of the way. Two years of injuries and Miami, at the very least, need a strong insurance. I think the team will move on from him, but it's obviously a tough year to do that with a draft that's pretty down at the quarterback position. Perhaps a Teddy Bridgewater could be a stopgap.

Get healthy
Stay healthy
Dont **** the bed
This

We fans might have opinions about what he needs to do, but it doesn't matter what we think. Gase is sold on him, so as long as health doesn't become an issue, then he's the starter in '19.

I'd like to see Tannehill finally become above-average, but IMO it's more important for Ross to clean house. To be good, Tannehill needs a dominating o-line, a strong running game, and a very good defense to help him. Unfortunately for RT, he's had the exact opposite during his 7 years under Philbin and Gase.

This won't be popular but I think we'd be nuts to just let him walk away. If we go the FA route just let them compete. I know many here will not like that because I can't see funky delivery, noodle armed Bridgewater beating him out.

What he needs to do is simple enough, just keep winning as he has mostly done since the 2nd half of 2016, when Gase took over.

Unfortunately this is the correct answer.

But imagine for a second this wasn't the case and Ross actually puts the pressure on his HC and FO to do something about this situation. Everyone knows which side of the fence I sit on but If Tannehill returns, wins out and makes the playoffs, I don't think he'll have any problems holding onto his job, he's probably restructure again and get even more security long term. And you would be hard pressed to argue that if he put this team on his back, with all the injuries we have, with Gase's awful offensive plan he didn't deserve the right to start again next year.

What I think will happen is Tannehill misses the next game, Brock sucks badly is pulled for Fales in the 4th, we lose the game but Fales immediately looks better. The fins then tell the world Tannehill is making great progress but won't be ready for the next game. Fales then starts the next week, turns in a poor performance but we narrowly beat the Bills at home, just like the Jets, they beat themselves more than anything else. Tannehill the following week is taking first team snaps and cleared to start against the Pats at home, in his typical teasing fashion we beat the Pats to go 7-6. All hail the king. We then lose at Minn in a typical Tannehill road performance but bounce back by beating a poor Jax team at home going into the last game at 8-7, Tannehill needing a road win in Buffalo for a slim chance to sneak into the playoffs, we all know what is likely to happen in that situation. 8-8 and Gase and Tannehill have done just enough to keep their jobs, and the whole thing chugs along again into another year.

Two right answers? His and yours ???

Simple when someone punches him in the face, instead of laying on the ground pissing blood, get up and punch someone else in the face. There has been so little fight in Tannehill its embarrassing at times... if once again the offense is a complete failure then it is obvious he does not matter and he will have to take back-up money to be a Dolphin next year, as a backup.

I know right.....I mean a guy that keeps getting pounded bc of the likes of Dallas Thomas, Jonothan Martin, Sam Young and slew of other garbage linemen.... that just keeps getting back up and delivering throws while being closelined and beat to death. Seriously...show some fight guy :bang:

I know right.....I mean a guy that keeps getting pounded bc of the likes of Dallas Thomas, Jonothan Martin, Sam Young and slew of other garbage linemen.... that just keeps getting back up and delivering throws while being closelined and beat to death. Seriously...show some fight guy :bang:

I am not talking about toughness and getting up... altho while Brock gets sacked he does not seem to take big hits all. I am talking about competing in the football game on the scoreboard fight.

You quoted that someone else had the correct answer, then you wrote a novel. Which is the correct answer?

It's not that complicated.

And if you read my novel there is no contradiction.

Honestly I think that Tannehill will likely be the starting QB next year no matter what (At least to start the year). His contract was clearly re-worked this year to move guaranteed money to next year so even if a season like this one happens he is going to stay on the team as a bridge QB. Cutting or trading him still costs you more than 13M next year. June 1st cut just spreads that out but maybe makes it worth it if the team wants to throw the season or can find a suitable starter in FA somehow. Him getting cut in 2020 makes much more financial sense.

As for 2019 I would guess he gets some competition. A 1st round QB to replace him would be nice but Gase wins too much with backup qbs for that. He won too much last year with Cutler for a high draft pick and he won too much this year with Osweiler for a high draft pick. It'd be impressive if it weren't for the fact that we could have a replacement QB already which might, just might, shut the fans up who do nothing but bitch about tannehill all season and all off season just long enough for normal fans to just enjoy games for a brief period of time before these same loser fans that do nothing but bitch about tannehill realize tannehills replacement also isn't Marino, Rogers, or Brady and subsequently do nothing but bitch and give pointless hot takes that no one asked for about how tannehills replacement is no good just like tannehill.

Its hilarious people continuously hammering him for the Cincy game. Yes he committed some bad turnovers, due to some insane pressures, that lost us the game.

But people act like he is a turnover prone and he has those blunders multiple times in a season. He generally takes care of the football.

Pretty much all QB's, regardless of talent, have a few of those moments throughout their career. Remove that 4th Qtr and I have no issue with his play from 2016 and the games he played this year.

If he's healthy, he starts. Go ahead and trade the farm for a 1st round QB if you think that will solve this teams problems, a QB who wouldnt beat him in an offseason competition anyway.

Back
Top Bottom