What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19?

Wins aren't a QB stat though. what if he drops dimes and goes 350 for 3 tds every game but we lose?

what if he plays like Rodgers did tonight and still loses?

Honestly do you really expect that
and has he ever gone more than back to back games throwing 300+ yards
The answer is he's never put 3 300 games in a row and with our offensive line and wide receivers depleted there is a better chance you see Santa Claus

Fine is a relative term with the likes of Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner in there. I would have prefer the backups in that game.

Oh cmon now, that was a legitimate counter to your point. Same opponent, no arm injury, same mediocre stats. I mean, it's right there in the numbers, hell it's even in his "sainthood" year as some have dubbed him with.

Oh cmon now, that was a legitimate counter to your point. Same opponent, no arm injury, same mediocre stats. I mean, it's right there in the numbers, hell it's even in his "sainthood" year as some have dubbed him with.

I am not even sure what you are arguing. He had a bad game and a medicore game against the bengals? I was talking about the game where he had a bad game which was probably due to an arm injury and Sam Young living on his back and subsequently being cut from the team.

I am not even sure what you are arguing. He had a bad game and a medicore game against the bengals? I was talking about the game where he had a bad game which was probably due to an arm injury and Sam Young living on his back and subsequently being cut from the team.

Sorry, I thought it was clear. You were saying the other member didnt take into account the arm injury and offensive line substitutions for his lack of performance in the Cincinnati game right? I was simply providing an example of those two things not being a factor and the performance still lacked.

At his point, I just dont get why you guys keep creating new threads about Tannehill...

Sorry, I thought it was clear. You were saying the other member didnt take into account the arm injury and offensive line substitutions for his lack of performance in the Cincinnati game right? I was simply providing an example of those two things not being a factor and the performance still lacked.

It wasnt very clear because it was a Medicore game. QBs have them all the time.

17-24, 240 YDS, 2 TD Vs chargers 2016
24/34 288 3 TD vs Chargers 2014
20/34 216 vs Chargers 2015
Those are his irrelevant stats vs the Chargers.

Last edited by a moderator:
He averages .87 interceptions per game throughout his career. Tom Brady averages .63 in his career. Brees is .88 per game. Manning .94 per game. So lets chill it on the "Hes not the most careful with the ball" agenda. He takes care of the ball for the majority of the time.

And no I dont think he Brees, Manning, or Brady before yall bring the pitchforks out. Just using them as a comparison to show he takes care of the ball better than what most think.

All of those guys average 28-30 touchdowns a season, have super bowl rings, MVPs, etc...they can take care of the ball however they like. However, it's worth noting Tannehill fumbles at a much higher rate than all of those guys.

If Tannehill didn't take care of the ball, he wouldn't even be a starting QB right now. He'd be long gone. He doesn't have the offensive production that could outweigh any major flaws in his game. Tannehill is an accurate QB, doesn't make many bad decisions, he's mobile, and a good teammate. That said he's never thrown touchdowns at a major clip, it's unlikely he ever will. In today's league, I'm of the belief you need more offense than what he's been able to lead us to.

Every year we talked about 30~ touchdowns, bigger YPA, etc etc...never happened, and it's actually gotten worse, not better. Blame it on O-line, Gase, receivers, etc...it doesn't matter what you want to blame it on because now he's got health issues to boot.

For what he's going to cost I think we're best off either moving on or agreeing for him to take a pay-cut, and address the position in the offseason. At the very least a contract that accounts for the likelihood that he'll miss games. This whole shell game at QB situation is getting old. Our contingency plan sucked, and that's on Gase...but Tannehill isn't going to save us.

I honestly think he needs to come in these last few games and flat out impress. He needs to show he lifts this team up considerably when he's in there, and he has the chance to do so gift wrapped and ready to go right now.

If he makes himself more than just a man, if he devotes himself to an ideal, and if they can't stop him, then he becomes something else entirely.....

A legend Ryan Tannehill, A LEGEND!

Miami's 2019 motto will be:

"Tannehill for Tua"

All of those guys average 28-30 touchdowns a season, have super bowl rings, MVPs, etc...they can take care of the ball however they like. However, it's worth noting Tannehill fumbles at a much higher rate than all of those guys.

If Tannehill didn't take care of the ball, he wouldn't even be a starting QB right now. He'd be long gone. He doesn't have the offensive production that could outweigh any major flaws in his game. Tannehill is an accurate QB, doesn't make many bad decisions, he's mobile, and a good teammate. That said he's never thrown touchdowns at a major clip, it's unlikely he ever will. In today's league, I'm of the belief you need more offense than what he's been able to lead us to.

Every year we talked about 30~ touchdowns, bigger YPA, etc etc...never happened, and it's actually gotten worse, not better. Blame it on O-line, Gase, receivers, etc...it doesn't matter what you want to blame it on because now he's got health issues to boot.

For what he's going to cost I think we're best off either moving on or agreeing for him to take a pay-cut, and address the position in the offseason. At the very least a contract that accounts for the likelihood that he'll miss games. This whole shell game at QB situation is getting old. Our contingency plan sucked, and that's on Gase...but Tannehill isn't going to save us.

I agree with most everything you said. I don't think I have stated otherwise anywhere. People want to act like he turns the ball over at a high clip. That's clearly false.

I'm all for upgrading the position but I'm not willing to just dump him until we have that upgrade. He a decent QB that can hold down the position until that happens. Him being on this team isn't preventing us from finding our next QB. I'm not in the boat of just throwing **** out there at the QB position and hoping we mysteriously find a pro bowler. That's literally what some fans want. Just anybody out there that's not thill. Those same people thought Brock was equal to Thill which the past 3 games has shown how Many games those individuals watch that aren't fins games.

When I see names like bridewater, Winston, and falk thrown out as option to replace him it doesn't make a damn bit of sense. Bridewater hasn't played in a regular season game in 3 years and had thrown 28 TDs and 22 picks in his CAREER. If you want a turnover machine, Winston is your man. And he's off his damn rocker. Falk was drafted in the 7th round and I'm pretty sure I have a stronger arm on an out route than him. If thill's healthy which he should be next year you are rolling with his ass.

There is nothing he can do. He is who he is.

If Tannehill is starting QB next year it is simply a failure of Gase and the FO to have not made upgrading the starting QB position a top priority. Tannehill would make a good backup, but is a poor starter.

Wins aren't a QB stat though. what if he drops dimes and goes 350 for 3 tds every game but we lose?

what if he plays like Rodgers did tonight and still loses?
If THill goes 350 for 3 I’m cool with keeping him as long as it’s consistent but we know that won’t happen. If he throws for an average of 270 and 2 TDS and we win 5 of 6 and he not turning the ball over I’d like to keep him win or lose. I think that is realistic. If he can do that along with his last 8 games with Gase if 16’ and the first 3 and 3qtrs in Cinci this year is a large enough sample size to see how he does with Gase and those are numbers of a winning combo.

Back
Top Bottom