What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19?

Its hilarious people continuously hammering him for the Cincy game. Yes he committed some bad turnovers, due to some insane pressures, that lost us the game.

But people act like he is a turnover prone and he has those blunders multiple times in a season. He generally takes care of the football.

Pretty much all QB's, regardless of talent, have a few of those moments throughout their career. Remove that 4th Qtr and I have no issue with his play from 2016 and the games he played this year.

If he's healthy, he starts. Go ahead and trade the farm for a 1st round QB if you think that will solve this teams problems, a QB who wouldnt beat him in an offseason competition anyway.

My God, there actually are intelligent Dolfans out there, I'm almost surprised!

Hold off whomever they draft in the second or third round in Training Camp, probably.

No team in the NFL besides us is going to give Tannehill the kind of money he is making and a starting job. If the Phins ask him to take a pay cut why won't he? He's been injured for the last three years and he's not a good QB, this way he still gets to start and hopefully salvages his career.

Its hilarious people continuously hammering him for the Cincy game. Yes he committed some bad turnovers, due to some insane pressures, that lost us the game.

But people act like he is a turnover prone and he has those blunders multiple times in a season. He generally takes care of the football.

Pretty much all QB's, regardless of talent, have a few of those moments throughout their career. Remove that 4th Qtr and I have no issue with his play from 2016 and the games he played this year.

If he's healthy, he starts. Go ahead and trade the farm for a 1st round QB if you think that will solve this teams problems, a QB who wouldnt beat him in an offseason competition anyway.

He has a career record of 114 TD to 71 Ints, that obviously not factoring in his fumbles like the one at Cincy or the Jets. He's not exactly the most careful with the ball and if you read some of the stuff on here posted on his career at College you'll see it was a problem back there too. The Cincy game for a lot of people was just the tipping point, hanging any player on one performance is not sensible but when they've tested the boundaries of your faith frequently at some point one game will tip you over the edge.

The Tammynette's need to hang their hat on anything they can.

Yup. In the Cincy game he produced a whopping 10 points before his 4th qtr clown performance. That’s good enough for some people. Unfortunately one of them seems to be our head coach.

Tannehill has average about $9 1/2M a year over 7 years in the league. The fact that he is due $26.6M next year is on the front office for back-loading and restructuring his deal. He had a $4.8M cap hit in 2015 & only $8.6M this year.

All because they screwed the pooch in free agency and then had to make up for it (dead money).

Right now we have paid Ryan $1.7 Million per win.
If we pay him next year and he goes around 8-8 again it will be close to 2 Million per win.

He has a career record of 114 TD to 71 Ints, that obviously not factoring in his fumbles like the one at Cincy or the Jets. He's not exactly the most careful with the ball and if you read some of the stuff on here posted on his career at College you'll see it was a problem back there too. The Cincy game for a lot of people was just the tipping point, hanging any player on one performance is not sensible but when they've tested the boundaries of your faith frequently at some point one game will tip you over the edge.

He averages .87 interceptions per game throughout his career. Tom Brady averages .63 in his career. Brees is .88 per game. Manning .94 per game. So lets chill it on the "Hes not the most careful with the ball" agenda. He takes care of the ball for the majority of the time.

And no I dont think he Brees, Manning, or Brady before yall bring the pitchforks out. Just using them as a comparison to show he takes care of the ball better than what most think.

Yup. In the Cincy game he produced a whopping 10 points before his 4th qtr clown performance. That’s good enough for some people. Unfortunately one of them seems to be our head coach.

Completely dismiss the arm injury and the 3 backup olinemen in that game. Bet you are someone that wants some more of Teddy Bridgewater's 28 TDs and 22 Ints for his career.

I don’t want Tannehill anywhere near this team next season. It’s over, move the **** on.

Completely dismiss the arm injury and the 3 backup olinemen in that game. Bet you are someone that wants some more of Teddy Bridgewater's 28 TDs and 22 Ints for his career.
Nope. I just want a qb who produces points and fans don’t have to go to extreme lengths to justify his play.

In 2016 against CIN, the offense put up a total of 7 points. No arm injury. 15/25 189 yards 1TD/1 INT. Oh yeah, the OL was fine too.

In 2016 against CIN, the offense put up a total of 7 points. No arm injury. 15/25 189 yards 1TD/1 INT.
Only one interception so as long as he’s protecting the football who cares about trivial things like points. That’s for dummies.

In 2016 against CIN, the offense put up a total of 7 points. No arm injury. 15/25 189 yards 1TD/1 INT. Oh yeah, the OL was fine too.

Fine is a relative term with the likes of Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner in there. I would have prefer the backups in that game.

Back
Top Bottom