What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19?

I’m working on the assumption RT doesn’t play again this year. He’ll have to take a pay cut and understand he’s competing to play against whoever is brought in.
I don't think he'll accept a true competition, and possibly not a pay cut.
He hasn't had one since he's been here.
The closest competition was Gerrard, and we knew that wasn't gonna happen. So, when Gerrard got injured, no one had to deal with the question anymore, and no one has challenged him since. That's on the Coaching staff.

The closest competition was Gerrard, and we knew that wasn't gonna happen. So, when Gerrard got injured, no one had to deal with the question anymore, and no one has challenged him since. That's on the Coaching staff.

He’ll either accept it or go to Medical School. Nobody is signing Tannehill for big money contract or guaranteeing him the starting job.

Why do you think he wouldn't accept true competition? Curious what the logic is behind that statement?

As for pay cut, that is a business decision....why would he do that? While it would be nice if he gave back a few million to sign a lineman or two......I seriously doubt that is going to happen.

Why do you think he wouldn't accept true competition? Curious what the logic is behind that statement?

As for pay cut, that is a business decision....why would he do that? While it would be nice if he gave back a few million to sign a lineman or two......I seriously doubt that is going to happen.
Tannehill has been molly-coddled since he's been here.
Do you think all of a sudden he want's to truly compete for his starting job?

Tannehill has been molly-coddled since he's been here.
Do you think all of a sudden he want's to truly compete for his starting job?
Also, in regards to competition. Gase anointed him the starter when he took over the team, long before the first drills of mini-camp.

You guys dont get it - Gase and Tanehill are BFF so all he has to do is show up and the job is his.
Well, I say this honestly.
I hope Gase' allegiance to Tannehill doesn't get the guy permanently injured by trying to rush him back into the line-up if he's not truly healthy.

He has no choice in competition. If Gase brings someone in, what's he going to do? If any HC even says he's LOOKING for real QB competition against an average QB, what real leverage does the QB have?

You guys dont get it - Gase and Tanehill are BFF so all he has to do is show up and the job is his.
IW8l.gif

He has no choice in competition. If Gase brings someone in, what's he going to do? If any HC even says he's LOOKING for real QB competition against an average QB, what real leverage does the QB have?
If Tanny does stay here next year, I hope Gase brings in TRUE competition.
The only QB competition the last few years has been for back-up QB, and it's been stated as such; so NO pressure on RT17.
Just seems like all other positions on the team have competition for starting roster spots, and it's reported on and followed throughout camp, but not the starting QB spot.
It's not like Gase came here with Brees, Brady, or Rodgers waiting for him. It was Tannehill, a middle to lower tier QB.

If Tanny does stay here next year, I hope Gase brings in TRUE competition.
The only QB competition the last few years has been for back-up QB, and it's been stated as such; so NO pressure on RT17.
Just seems like all other positions on the team have competition for starting roster spots, and it's reported on and followed throughout camp, but not the starting QB spot.
It's not like Gase came here with Brees, Brady, or Rodgers waiting for him. It was Tannehill, a middle to lower tier QB.

I think thats a given bro.

Should have been done already. Twice.

Good, maybe Gase is more focused on fixing a 32nd ranked rush defense, garbage pass rush, pathetic offensive line and running game before a QB who is actually decent. What a moron!

Unfortunately this is the correct answer.

But imagine for a second this wasn't the case and Ross actually puts the pressure on his HC and FO to do something about this situation. Everyone knows which side of the fence I sit on but If Tannehill returns, wins out and makes the playoffs, I don't think he'll have any problems holding onto his job, he's probably restructure again and get even more security long term. And you would be hard pressed to argue that if he put this team on his back, with all the injuries we have, with Gase's awful offensive plan he didn't deserve the right to start again next year.

What I think will happen is Tannehill misses the next game, Brock sucks badly is pulled for Fales in the 4th, we lose the game but Fales immediately looks better. The fins then tell the world Tannehill is making great progress but won't be ready for the next game. Fales then starts the next week, turns in a poor performance but we narrowly beat the Bills at home, just like the Jets, they beat themselves more than anything else. Tannehill the following week is taking first team snaps and cleared to start against the Pats at home, in his typical teasing fashion we beat the Pats to go 7-6. All hail the king. We then lose at Minn in a typical Tannehill road performance but bounce back by beating a poor Jax team at home going into the last game at 8-7, Tannehill needing a road win in Buffalo for a slim chance to sneak into the playoffs, we all know what is likely to happen in that situation. 8-8 and Gase and Tannehill have done just enough to keep their jobs, and the whole thing chugs along again into another year.

Back
Top Bottom