What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19?

There simply aren't enough QBs coming in the next two years to replace Tannehill and all the QBs that have a worse record than Tannehill plus some other QBs:

Worse record than Tannehill:
Kirk Cousins
Matthew Stafford
Marcus Mariota
Derek Carr
Jameis Winston
Blake Bortles

Down side of career/injury:
Alex Smith
Case Keenum
Eli Manning

Plan for retirement:
Drew Brees
Tom Brady

Add a flop or two from other young QBs, and you have 12 - 14 new starting caliber QBs that are needed. I'd love to hear where they are all coming from.

End result? Many of the QBs listed above will still be starting in 2020.

There simply aren't enough QBs coming in the next two years to replace Tannehill and all the QBs that have a worse record than Tannehill plus some other QBs: there is always qb coming in draft. It dolphins that cannot find one. Intil than. We will be middle of pact team. Making playoff every 6 to 8 yr.
They all are losing QB????
Worse record than Tannehill:
Kirk Cousins
Matthew Stafford
Marcus Mariota
Derek Carr
Jameis Winston
Blake Bortles

Down side of career/injury:
Alex Smith
Case Keenum
Eli Manning

Plan for retirement:
Drew Brees
Tom Brady

Add a flop or two from other young QBs, and you have 12 - 14 new starting caliber QBs that are needed. I'd love to hear where they are all coming from.

End result? Many of the QBs listed above will still be starting in 2020.

Even at 11-7 that's on average 10 wins out of a 16 game season.

Either way I always thought Tannehill's best years would be with a different team and with his age and recent injuries a fresh start would probably suit both parties.

Tanny is done here after this year. I hope he kills it to help his trade value these last few weeks

Tanny is done here after this year. I hope he kills it to help his trade value these last few weeks
I too am of the opinion that, barring a contract restructure, that we go a different direction next season.

A lot of posters here disagree though.

You would think the owner would demand some changes, whether it be front office, coaches, or QB.

I am positive that if nothing changes, nothing will change.

I know that seems like a "captain obvious" statement, but apparently it's not obvious to Ross and company.

Then, it wouldn't be 16 games........

Not arguing with you man, you'll just continue using the stats that fit your perogative. More power to you, it doesn't really matter in the end. The numbers overall speak for themselves

I dont see Tannehill going anywhere, hell be named the starter again miss around 10 games with an injury and then we do it all again in 2020. I dont think it will ever end.

I tend to agree RT would be better off elsewhere.

I just don't see many teams lining up to get their chance to grab him.

Barring unforeseen injury complications (specifically that shoulder) he'll be back in 2019.

I agree with others who are pointing towards the 2020 QB class.

Right now I'm hoping for a minor miracle that Falk is the answer.

I know... Our QB guru will get 'er done!

Maybe.

BNF

Back
Top Bottom