What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19?

Watching Mahomes and Goff right now and thinking about the fact that we’ve had to settle for this Tannehill experience and it’s just hilarious lmfao

and Goff was a "bust" year two because of bad coaching....coaching way better than RT17 got with Philbin.

No troll, he's saying if you sell all your draft picks to move up and draft a marginal talent just because our idiot fan base wants something new, you're set back multiple years giving the QB you drafted a shot.

The only prospect I like from 19s class is Herbert. He's def got top 5 talent but who knows how he'll be running a legit, non ridiculous Oregon offense. We basically run that style of bullshit offense anyway so who knows?

That's not what was said at all, exaggerate much? I am not a fan of trading but it depends on the situation. I think the disconnect here is that you are assuming you have to give away our draft to replace Tannehill.

I know dude but the team takes the penalty - it's literally wasting money. They take a $13million hit to get rid of him - THEN HAVE TO PAY SOMEONE TO FILL HIS SPOT!

It doesn't make sense to cut him next year. He'll be gone in 2020.

We paid Cutler $10 million last year to fill the spot, we are still up $3mill in that scenario ! But really if you are going down this route you are writing off 2019 anyway so, get someone in for peanuts and save yourself even more moeny, has the benefit of sucking more for a higher draft pick in 2020, if that's your focus on solving the QB problem which it sounds like it is.

I am not going through all nine pages right now but regardless of how Tannehill finishes the season he will be the starter next year. Gase is "married" to him and will continue to give him the benefit of the doubt. A HC who is happy with 15ppg on offense has to be happy.

While Gase doubles down on Tannehill, Tannenbaum tripled down by making it nearly impossible to trade or cut him this offseason. Tannehill's injury, other injuries on the team will be used as an excuse for any possible shortcomings.

It doesn't really matter how bad or how great Ryan will finish the season. The job will still be his next year.

The Monday night game shows you the future of the league...high scoring offenses.

All the rules are geared now for great quarterbacks putting up big numbers...Marino would kill the league now.

We need a high powered big time QB...Tannehill is not that.

I am not going through all nine pages right now but regardless of how Tannehill finishes the season he will be the starter next year. Gase is "married" to him and will continue to give him the benefit of the doubt. A HC who is happy with 15ppg on offense has to be happy.

While Gase doubles down on Tannehill, Tannenbaum tripled down by making it nearly impossible to trade or cut him this offseason. Tannehill's injury, other injuries on the team will be used as an excuse for any possible shortcomings.

It doesn't really matter how bad or how great Ryan will finish the season. The job will still be his next year.
And if Gase and/or Tannenbaum are gone after this season...

For me to say Tannehill should be CONSIDERED for the starting job next year he must first and foremost start coming up big in big situations. He has been one of the most unclutch QB's I have ever watched comparing his production when it doesn't matter much. He wilts in tough situations. If we need a TD or a FG to win a game, go do it. If we need to stay on the field and keep their offense off in the final minutes, get that tough third down. Play your best in the games that matter most. That NE game was a perfect example. Secondly, of course, he needs to prove himself to be healthy. Thirdly, take a pay cut. No way I would pay him his salary next season. See ya. Fourth, get us to the playoffs and have a competitive playoff game. None of this getting there and getting blown away in the wildcard game.

It may be cutting ties with RT that'll give Gase more time.

Articles are being written on how Gase is making chicken salad out of chicken **** and if Ross is reading/listening, he may not put Gase on the hot seat until it plays out with a new QB.

If this is the case, is Gase smart enough to save his own arse?

Its a crappy situation through and through- RT staying or going.

Why Ryan Tannehill Will Be Miami’s Starting Quarterback in 2019

Buckle up, Dolphins fans. There is no TL;DR version of this. If you want to be invested in who the starting quarterback should be for the Miami Dolphins next season, take into account every bit of information that goes along with it. And I’m telling you upfront, there’s a lot.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/why-ryan-tannehill-will-be-miamis-starting-quarterback-in-2019/

Looks like he put alot into that... agree or disagree

This dude puts out this whole diatribe and then finishes it off with telling you that Alex Smith an obvious upgrade was available for a 3rd round pick. What’s he have 10 tds and 5 ints in 9 plus games.

Tanny has what 8 and 5 in 5 games. I’m just amazed at how stupid when it comes to qb play this fan base can be. Not just stupid but unable to separate qb problem from other things. Every damn year.

Truly amazing. I probably should have given up on that article when he opened up with don Shula the greatest head coach in nfl history. Gave this dude too much benefit of the doubt.

At least he got the Ryan Tannehill will be the qb in 2019 part right. I’m not so sure he won’t be the qb in 2020 either. But that will probably ride on 2019s results.

This dude puts out this whole diatribe and then finishes it off with telling you that Alex Smith an obvious upgrade was available for a 3rd round pick. What’s he have 10 tds and 5 ints in 9 plus games.

Tanny has what 8 and 5 in 5 games. I’m just amazed at how stupid when it comes to qb play this fan base can be. Not just stupid but unable to separate qb problem from other things. Every damn year.

Truly amazing. I probably should have given up on that article when he opened up with don Shula the greatest head coach in nfl history. Gave this dude too much benefit of the doubt.

At least he got the Ryan Tannehill will be the qb in 2019 part right. I’m not so sure he won’t be the qb in 2020 either. But that will probably ride on 2019s results.

Completely skewed comparison.

For one, Peterson has more TDs than our RBs combined, Smith doesn't need to throw if the ground game is strong. For two, from the flip side Tannehill threw the same amount of INTs in half the amount of games, not sure how you worked those numbers out.... For three, take a look at Smiths numbers last year, the year before, the year before that, it simply doesn't even compare to Tannehill, who now also carries an injury tag, so check 2020 out as well.

Smith is miles ahead of Tannehill. Not saying he is/could/should be the answer, but your counter is just flat out wrong.

With that contract? Probably just stay healthy so long as the current FO and coaching staff is here next year. Mediocre gonna mediocre.

Completely skewed comparison.

For one, Peterson has more TDs than our RBs combined, Smith doesn't need to throw if the ground game is strong. For two, from the flip side Tannehill threw the same amount of INTs in half the amount of games, not sure how you worked those numbers out.... For three, take a look at Smiths numbers last year, the year before, the year before that, it simply doesn't even compare to Tannehill, who now also carries an injury tag, so check 2020 out as well.

Smith is miles ahead of Tannehill. Not saying he is/could/should be the answer, but your counter is just flat out wrong.

You must have wrote that article. Alex Smith miles better is bogus. And because ap shows up 10 tds in 9 plus games is shredding it huh? On pace for what 17 tds in 16 games.

Smith’s a solid qb no argument there he rarely takes you out of games with his play and that matters but miles better?

Nope.

Coming off a compound fracture at 34 we will see who carries the bigger injury label going forward.

Back
Top Bottom