What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Does Rt17 Need To Do To Keep The Starting Job In 19?

Why Ryan Tannehill Will Be Miami’s Starting Quarterback in 2019

Buckle up, Dolphins fans. There is no TL;DR version of this. If you want to be invested in who the starting quarterback should be for the Miami Dolphins next season, take into account every bit of information that goes along with it. And I’m telling you upfront, there’s a lot.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/why-ryan-tannehill-will-be-miamis-starting-quarterback-in-2019/

Looks like he put alot into that... agree or disagree

Why is this large font and bold, take it down a notch man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you can always hope for Teddy, seems like alot of people are on that bandwagon, probably cause its one of the few possible plausible ideas people can point to and actually not flat out dismiss.

I'm not even sold on Teddy, I don't like any of the potential vet options, it's all about finances though, get Teddy in for less than the $13 million you save from cutting Tannehill and I would be on board as long as it's clear he's bridging before bringing in a future franchise guy. I don't think Teddy is that and may be just as much of an injury risk than the person he would be replacing.

My plan, which Slimm and CK have totally pissed on with their dream crushing :p, would be to cut his expensive arse and draft a Minshew, Lock, Haskins, Herbert or Grier and see how they compete with a cheap vet like Tyrod or Bradford or someone else not cloes to elite (and not called Osweiller) but not being paid like that. If it works great stick with them, if not, draft again in 2020, rinse and repeat each and every year until you get it right. What are we giving up by retianing Tanehill, .500 and just below seasons and no playoff appearances, I really won't shed too many tears over that.

Get to the playoffs and win a wild card game. Anything else and I have no interest in him returning at even a restructured contract. Tired of the same old crap/low ceiling with an average QB leading the charge.

Really prefer to lose out and start fresh. I'll take 6-10 with a win against the disgusting Patriots.

Even if he doesn't come back and show us anything this year, it all depends on how desperate the coaches and/or front office are about their jobs. I don't think there are any decent alternative options in 2019, but this organization is great at making desperation moves and setting the franchise even more years behind the rest of the league.

Even if he doesn't come back and show us anything this year, it all depends on how desperate the coaches and/or front office are about their jobs. I don't think there are any decent alternative options in 2019, but this organization is great at making desperation moves and setting the franchise even more years behind the rest of the league.

That makes absolutely no sense. So going with anyone else besides Tannehill will set this franchise back for even more years? TOTALLY DISAGREE. Going with Tannehill will set the franchise back yet another year, missing the opportunity to develop someone that has a higher ceiling and can actually play.

That makes absolutely no sense. So going with anyone else besides Tannehill will set this franchise back for even more years? TOTALLY DISAGREE. Going with Tannehill will set the franchise back yet another year, missing the opportunity to develop someone that has a higher ceiling and can actually play.

Such as?

There are enough college prospects that Miami should be able draft a QB that actually functions in the pocket like a QB.

Watching Mahomes and Goff right now and thinking about the fact that we’ve had to settle for this Tannehill experience and it’s just hilarious lmfao

It's not real money dude, lol, it's a cap penalty ! Running it as a business makes absolute sense to cut him, you save a lot of real money !

I know dude but the team takes the penalty - it's literally wasting money. They take a $13million hit to get rid of him - THEN HAVE TO PAY SOMEONE TO FILL HIS SPOT!

It doesn't make sense to cut him next year. He'll be gone in 2020.

Anyone that costs future draft picks, or more than 13 million, and isn't better than Tannehill sets the franchise back.

No troll, he's saying if you sell all your draft picks to move up and draft a marginal talent just because our idiot fan base wants something new, you're set back multiple years giving the QB you drafted a shot.

The only prospect I like from 19s class is Herbert. He's def got top 5 talent but who knows how he'll be running a legit, non ridiculous Oregon offense. We basically run that style of bullshit offense anyway so who knows?

Back
Top Bottom