What has Henne done good so far? Does he have a future with this franchise? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What has Henne done good so far? Does he have a future with this franchise?

The Dolphins need to find a franchise QB. Chad Henne will never lead an NFL team anywhere other than .500 at best. I'm so sick of seeing him be way off the mark in the red zone and the batted down passes and his failure to find secondary receivers when his primary receiver is covered. It is time for the Dolphins to move on from Henne after this season even if it means starting a rookie QB next season.

Ok, if you really sit and watch Henne play and i mean really watch him. For the past couple years its been the same thing. his accuracy is honestly not good at all, he really doesnt go through his progressions very well, his decision making is very poor. If you look around the nfl offenses usually take on the personality off their quarterback thus our offense for the past few years has been well what it has been.

The question was what has Henne done good, but all I see is more bashing and stating mistakes he's made. This has been so beat to death it's not even remotely interesting anymore. He is doing many things better this year.....decisions, way less obvious interception balls thrown, better pocket presence, better running, etc.

The ONLY thing he is not doing better so far this year is throwing good deep balls to a streaking receiver. That is still a problem.

To say that he "constantly" is throwing where a receiver has to contort themselves is just plain untrue and stupid. His accuracy is not glaring problem by any means. People please just stop bashing for the sake of venting your frustrations about the disappointing start of the season.

With the exception of being a little bit better at tucking it and running, I don't think Henne is much different than he has been. Through 2 games he's had one good game and one so, so game that's pretty much how it's always been. I haven't seen the really stupid INT's yet so that's a good thing but the low release point leading to batted balls was in full effect this past Sunday. I think Henne may have been playing worse then this at the end of last season due to his knee injury. Right now he looks like Chad Henne from early on in 2010 to the tee. The red zone accuracy is still a huge issue and we still come away with no points or a field goal more often than we do touchdowns.

The question was what has Henne done good, but all I see is more bashing and stating mistakes he's made. This has been so beat to death it's not even remotely interesting anymore. He is doing many things better this year.....decisions, way less obvious interception balls thrown, better pocket presence, better running, etc.

The ONLY thing he is not doing better so far this year is throwing good deep balls to a streaking receiver. That is still a problem.

To say that he "constantly" is throwing where a receiver has to contort themselves is just plain untrue and stupid. His accuracy is not glaring problem by any means. People please just stop bashing for the sake of venting your frustrations about the disappointing start of the season.

Agree that this horse has been beat to death...We know who CH is because we have watched him play for 3 solid seasons now. He can move the ball until you really need him to...Esp stalls inside the 15 where he cannot pick the right option to score a TD to save his life (or career). He is int prone and has thrown more picks than td's the last 2 seasons. Injury has been an issue with him on occasion due to the fact he has to scramble, but its not clear if this is caused by the #1 pick LT not doing his job to protect his "blindside" or CH not being able to find open targets fast enough. CH also has thrown many , many balls into the uplifted arms of the DL that are either picked off or fall to the ground stalling drives.

I made NONE of this up...This is who the guy is based on his play.

It is ...What it is

Not very good on 3rd down conversions.

I've seen Henne deliver on 3rd down. I think his real area that needs improvement is in the red zone. It's where quarterbacks go from being good to being great. The ones that can thread the ball between defenders, lead their receivers, and find their tight ends are the ones that become elite. I think Henne needs to start showing up more in the end zone and stop accepting field goals as a viable winning strategy.

Hennes problem IMHO is bad luck.

Look at how many passes his recievers have droped the last couple of years.

The guy gets balls batted that are intercepted.

revievers bobble balls that are intercepted.

Plus compare how many of his interceptions are dropped compared to QB's like Sancheese.

People forget the formentioned scenarios and only concentrate on the actual stats and lay all the blame on Henne.

Its crazy the misfortune this guy has had so far.

I am not totally confortable with him yet but I do not think he is a bad QB at all.

Henne is a much better player this year than last. He has much better feet, accuracy and overall smarts in the pocket. The defense has let us down along with the o-line. If both units come back strong starting right away the team could still end up in the hunt for the playoffs. Colombo has murdered us at Right Tackle. He has to be benched right away. As far as right tackles he is#32. It doesn't get worse than that.

It seems like every QB we get back there just never has anything going for him. Henne is definitely looking better than last season. The guy can't catch a freaking break and his OLine, the one thing you expect to be decent on this team, is absolutely terrible. Guys drop passes in the redzone, the defense can never force turnovers so Chad usually has to march down the field. Redzone production means everything and the Dolphins have not been successful there and the QB is gonna receive the lions share of the blame.

Assuming we get a top 10 pick and draft a QB, I would think Henne's time in Miami is done, we would draft a first round QB under a new regime and keep Matt Moore as the backup. Obviously if a guy like John Gruden likes Chad Henne, maybe he can convince him to stay while we groom a young QB. I dunno . . . Chad is a solid QB to have on your roster, and despite a tough week last week, I expect him to become more comfortable with this offense and have a real good season statistically.

The only thing Henne has improved upon is his running. Good QB's dont need perfect pass protection and elite WR's to play well. Henne needs those things to play average at best.

The only thing Henne has improved upon is his running. Good QB's dont need perfect pass protection and elite WR's to play well. Henne needs those things to play average at best.

You mean like Brady....No matter how much they churn the OL & WR positions ...The TD's & W's just keep coming.

Point taken

You are right they don't . . . and this could be more than a valid point at the end of the season. I need to see a few more games before I completely write off Chad. The defense hasn't done anything for me, the Oline isn't even a neighbor of perfect pass protection, they are more on bull**** pass protection lane and The Dolphins coughed up 13 points last week in dropped TD's and missed field goals. Not to mention you can't count on the defense getting you a short field for anything and forget decent field position from our return game and now the penalties have become a joke on offense and special teams.

Henne isn't perfect by any means, but while everything else on this team has pretty much went downhill, Henne is the only guy that seems half way improved. Hopefully a reality check hits this team and they start playing better.

Not really sure how well Henne can be but you can almost bet your last dollar the guy will skip town next year. First you will have a new coach probably. Second Henne has been the bashing boy for this franchise the past 2 years so why stay around take more if you are him. We can win with Henne and it is proven we can loose a lot too so I agree with most fans he is not franchise material but I certainly would not mind having him around a couple more years as insurance until we hopefully find a better option. This is true at any position.

Barkley and Jones are both franchise QB's. Apparently this is the best QB class since 83. Barkley being right behind Luck will definitely be there when we pick if Luck is gone.
Henne's showed some improvement but I still think you spend your 1st round pick on a QB.

Maybe Jacory Harris. (kidding)

Who's out there other than Luck who will be long gone ?

Back
Top Bottom