What has Henne done good so far? Does he have a future with this franchise? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What has Henne done good so far? Does he have a future with this franchise?

Not really sure how well Henne can be but you can almost bet your last dollar the guy will skip town next year. First you will have a new coach probably. Second Henne has been the bashing boy for this franchise the past 2 years so why stay around take more if you are him. We can win with Henne and it is proven we can loose a lot too so I agree with most fans he is not franchise material but I certainly would not mind having him around a couple more years as insurance until we hopefully find a better option. This is true at any position.

You mean, can't?

This is still to be said. Last week against Houston he had a 40% completion percentage. Nowhere near accurate.
Henne is a much better player this year than last. He has much better feet, accuracy and overall smarts in the pocket. The defense has let us down along with the o-line. If both units come back strong starting right away the team could still end up in the hunt for the playoffs. Colombo has murdered us at Right Tackle. He has to be benched right away. As far as right tackles he is#32. It doesn't get worse than that.

Nope, henne gone. sparano gone. ireland gone. every player who is up for contract gone. we suck. going for luck. quit already.

Nope, henne gone. sparano gone. ireland gone. every player who is up for contract gone. we suck. going for luck. quit already.
You don't build winning franchises that way you work with the talent you have if you are a sucessful coach. We have the talent, sure like any team I want to see it improved but with the right leadership this team is minium a 10-6 team which may not be good enough and I understand that but to start all over we have been doing that way to much for way to many years.

CH has had enough chances.... he's not taking this team anywhere.... he needs to go... period. The best he can hope for is a career like Don Strock... and that didn't suck.... Hold a clipboard... fire up the big arm when called on.... no expectations.... stay in the league for 15 years.... don't sweat it

You don't build winning franchises that way you work with the talent you have if you are a sucessful coach. We have the talent, sure like any team I want to see it improved but with the right leadership this team is minium a 10-6 team which may not be good enough and I understand that but to start all over we have been doing that way to much for way to many years.

really now? Henne gonna stick around for another change? another friggin OC and system? Another season with WR's who have offield probs and head issues? Another season of not putting it all together?

No, the new guy is not going to try to save players who just want a paycheck and hang out on south beach. It always happens this way. Parsells did it. JT was an issue, only for JT. Still bugs him to this day.

Soliai wants big money. gone. Langford not living up to his new demands that will soon come.

you keep your young guys like Thomas and Pouncey and Long until his contract up. You keep Vonte until his contract up. I would look trade Sean Smith to some sucker team. Key young guys will stick (Odrick). But everything would start all over. Any player who has contract due who obviously do not live up to those demands wont even be wasting time on. Particularly if we do go 3-13. Our draft status will give us the ability to start over again while keeping newly drafted guys who are worth a damn.

Henne still cant make those redzone throws, he can lead us down the field but cant put up the points.

His accuracy is erratic but so far he's managed to stay alive with this O-line. Brady is a great QB but the guy gets alllll day to throw. You put Brady behind this Dolphins O-Line and he'd look like a mediocre QB. You watch the games where Brady gets pressues, just go back to the playoff games the last 4 years and the guy struggles. 14 pts, 17, etc. Give Henne the pass protection Brady gets and Henne would look like a damn good QB, erratic accuracy and all. We had to use 6 o linemen for christ sakes. We were sending out 3 receivers vs 6 defenders and we wonder why he struggled so much. Not to mention those 6 O linemen were getting knocked back to the point where balls where getting batted left and right. There were some plays where there were O linemen just standing there blocking nobody instead of pushing the enterior D linemen back. The O line is a mess and the coaching staff is clueless. If you have to use Nate Garner to protect Colombo then get Colombo the **** out of there and start Garner.

The question was what has Henne done good, but all I see is more bashing and stating mistakes he's made. This has been so beat to death it's not even remotely interesting anymore. He is doing many things better this year.....decisions, way less obvious interception balls thrown, better pocket presence, better running, etc.

The ONLY thing he is not doing better so far this year is throwing good deep balls to a streaking receiver. That is still a problem.

To say that he "constantly" is throwing where a receiver has to contort themselves is just plain untrue and stupid. His accuracy is not glaring problem by any means. People please just stop bashing for the sake of venting your frustrations about the disappointing start of the season.
Really? How many circus catches does Bess have to make in a given game? How often is Fasano getting his head knocked off because the ball is thrown behind him? How often does Marshall have to turn around and come back at the ball to get it? How often are Hartline or Gates overthrown by ten yards? None of this has to do with bad ball placement?

You're right about this. Funny thing is, it doesn't require quitting. They're just not capable.

If we get a new coach, we get a new QB. Henne would have to improve dramatically for it to be otherwise. Unless, of course, we get another ****ty coach that undervalues the position, in which case I'll be right back on the "fire him" bandwagon.

and youll get flamed btw lol. because how on earth do YOU know??? good post

Barkley and Jones are both franchise QB's. Apparently this is the best QB class since 83. Barkley being right behind Luck will definitely be there when we pick if Luck is gone.

i fail to see how if this is the best QB class since '83 and thats being talked about already (btw heard this one before) and if barkley is right behind luck. how is it that he will "definitely" be there when we pick?? seems a little counter-intuitive doesnt it? do u have a crystal ball? and/or have miami penciled in for the #2 pick overall??

regardless of the start and poor play, miami even with dip**** coaching is not an AWFUL team. outside of maybe a couple teams there isnt a single team that can pencil us in for a win unless these guys completely quit. this is a better team than the previous two years we went 7-9. whether we win that many games remains to be seen. but its very likely miami ends up close to where they were last year. we are gonna need some help if we are gonna land a pick in the top 5

Yes, IMO opinion Miami will be in a position to draft one of these franchise QB's
i fail to see how if this is the best QB class since '83 and thats being talked about already (btw heard this one before) and if barkley is right behind luck. how is it that he will "definitely" be there when we pick?? seems a little counter-intuitive doesnt it? do u have a crystal ball? and/or have miami penciled in for the #2 pick overall??

regardless of the start and poor play, miami even with dip**** coaching is not an AWFUL team. outside of maybe a couple teams there isnt a single team that can pencil us in for a win unless these guys completely quit. this is a better team than the previous two years we went 7-9. whether we win that many games remains to be seen. but its very likely miami ends up close to where they were last year. we are gonna need some help if we are gonna land a pick in the top 5

Back
Top Bottom