What has Henne done good so far? Does he have a future with this franchise? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What has Henne done good so far? Does he have a future with this franchise?

Really? How many circus catches does Bess have to make in a given game? How often is Fasano getting his head knocked off because the ball is thrown behind him? How often does Marshall have to turn around and come back at the ball to get it? How often are Hartline or Gates overthrown by ten yards? None of this has to do with bad ball placement?

What is wrong with you? Don't you know the WR always runs the wrong route? Same mistake happens several times over the course of several seasons these damn WRs just don't get it!

Really? How many circus catches does Bess have to make in a given game? How often is Fasano getting his head knocked off because the ball is thrown behind him? How often does Marshall have to turn around and come back at the ball to get it? How often are Hartline or Gates overthrown by ten yards? None of this has to do with bad ball placement?

So Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson or Roddy White don't have to ever make circus catches? Every one of these guys did just this past week. Go look on ESPN.
Turn around and come back to the ball.....that's what a receiver is supposed to do when your QB is under pressure and has to scramble out of the pocket. Football 101.....

Every QB in the league has to throw the ball where the defender can't get it and the receiver has to adjust.
Henne is certainly not a premier QB but your argument is not well founded.

It seems like every QB we get back there just never has anything going for him. Henne is definitely looking better than last season. The guy can't catch a freaking break and his OLine, the one thing you expect to be decent on this team, is absolutely terrible. Guys drop passes in the redzone, the defense can never force turnovers so Chad usually has to march down the field. Redzone production means everything and the Dolphins have not been successful there and the QB is gonna receive the lions share of the blame.

Assuming we get a top 10 pick and draft a QB, I would think Henne's time in Miami is done, we would draft a first round QB under a new regime and keep Matt Moore as the backup. Obviously if a guy like John Gruden likes Chad Henne, maybe he can convince him to stay while we groom a young QB. I dunno . . . Chad is a solid QB to have on your roster, and despite a tough week last week, I expect him to become more comfortable with this offense and have a real good season statistically.

Henne would be a horrible fit in the West Coast Offense.

I have watched every single offensive play of chad henne. i believe he has the tools to be very good. so far this yr. i have seen him much improved in pocket presence and escaping the pocket with his feet. he is second in rushing among qb other than vick. the thing that bothers me is the redone offense. i truly believe some of the problems are still play calling and o-line problems. also brandon marshall dropped a beautifully placed ball in the back of the end zone last week with jason allen guarding him. last week henne was 12 for 30. there were probably 6 or 7 dropped balls. the dolphins shoot themselves in the foot continuously. two missed field goals that should have been 6 points. daniel thomas fumble when gaining momentum and the int. which was due to that awful right side of the line. the dolphins do not need a qb. they need to fix the o-line. they also need charles clay to get healthy. this team is missing a dimension in the passing game which clay can provide as a aaron hernandez type player. and the defense has been just awful. the #1 priorities in 2012 draft need to be the right side of the o-line and the secondary. we need a playmaker at safety (ed reed type). this team had opportunities to win the first two games. they beat themselves. i think week one would have been much different story with daniel thomas playing. very well may have scored when did not score td at the one yd. line twice. i think the offense will just get better with the new system and henne becoming more of a leader. also daniel thomas looks really good and charles clay will contribute. the defense and right side of o-line is the problem. HENNE will do fine this yr.

I've said it time and again...

Henne is a Jay Fiedler-esq type QB.

He is good-average-bad (cant say which one will show up since all three show up during various parts of the game).

You want to give guys like that time because when they are on they are on, but after awhile you get tired of their jekyll and hyde game and move on.

OP...I dont know if you were on forums or old enough to remember, but back when Fiedler was playing on these forums and on AOL and other forums the debate was just as heated whenever QB talk came up.

You had your FIEDLER is not the problem!! Its XYZ yadda yadda. He did all that he could yadda yadda yadda. The defense didnt hold them that last drive yadda yadda yadda crowd.

Then you had the ones that wanted to replace him and never said anything positive about him and then the few in the middle that just wanted consistancy and a winning football team.

The only time I remember having a breather back then was durng the 2002 season at 5-1 comming off a great win at Denver.

That peace lasted only up to the next week against the Bills when Ray Lucas took the field due to a thumb injury Fiedler suffered.

So Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson or Roddy White don't have to ever make circus catches? Every one of these guys did just this past week. Go look on ESPN.
Turn around and come back to the ball.....that's what a receiver is supposed to do when your QB is under pressure and has to scramble out of the pocket. Football 101.....

Every QB in the league has to throw the ball where the defender can't get it and the receiver has to adjust.
Henne is certainly not a premier QB but your argument is not well founded.
Not constantly, but how many of the have most throws sent to their feet or five feet above their heads? A comeback route is also different than the just not being thrown correctly and the receiver having to adjust.

Not constantly, but how many of the have most throws sent to their feet or five feet above their heads? A comeback route is also different than the just not being thrown correctly and the receiver having to adjust.

You are over exaggerating to try to prove a point. Yes, his deep ball is a little suspect too often but to state that accuracy is a major problem of his is quite silly. 61.4% last year yet you make is sound like he was under 50%.
Last week was bad for % but not hardly due to what you are saying.

Henne is destined to be our back up and a good insurance plan - he is a consummate pro keeps his mouth shut and doesn't throw teamates under the bus - talent wise you cannot pass on good young QB this draft with nothing nothing in the cupboards...

Yes, IMO opinion Miami will be in a position to draft one of these franchise QB's

I'm an OU fan and I can tell you without any uncertainty that Landry Jones isnt a franchise QB. It's like bizarro world over here. A couple years ago after a bunch of Gator fans on here seen Bradford play 1 game ONE game they were saying he was a product of the system, bad Big 12 defenses and just wasnt that good and I tried telling the knuckleheads it wouldnt matter who Bradford played for or what conference because the guy was deadly accurate, now people are naming Jones as a franchise QB when he's putting up numbers on the best team in the country. He's not near the QB Bradford was. He doesnt have his accuracy, arm strength or decision making. The only thing Jones has on Bradford is athleticism. It'd be a mistake to take Landry Jones in the 1st round and expect him to be your franchise QB.

Feidler was better than Henne
I've said it time and again...

Henne is a Jay Fiedler-esq type QB.

He is good-average-bad (cant say which one will show up since all three show up during various parts of the game).

You want to give guys like that time because when they are on they are on, but after awhile you get tired of their jekyll and hyde game and move on.

OP...I dont know if you were on forums or old enough to remember, but back when Fiedler was playing on these forums and on AOL and other forums the debate was just as heated whenever QB talk came up.

You had your FIEDLER is not the problem!! Its XYZ yadda yadda. He did all that he could yadda yadda yadda. The defense didnt hold them that last drive yadda yadda yadda crowd.

Then you had the ones that wanted to replace him and never said anything positive about him and then the few in the middle that just wanted consistancy and a winning football team.

The only time I remember having a breather back then was durng the 2002 season at 5-1 comming off a great win at Denver.

That peace lasted only up to the next week against the Bills when Ray Lucas took the field due to a thumb injury Fiedler suffered.

He's gotta be better than Henne. At the very least Barkley should be on the board when we pick anyway.
I'm an OU fan and I can tell you without any uncertainty that Landry Jones isnt a franchise QB. It's like bizarro world over here. A couple years ago after a bunch of Gator fans on here seen Bradford play 1 game ONE game they were saying he was a product of the system, bad Big 12 defenses and just wasnt that good and I tried telling the knuckleheads it wouldnt matter who Bradford played for or what conference because the guy was deadly accurate, now people are naming Jones as a franchise QB when he's putting up numbers on the best team in the country. He's not near the QB Bradford was. He doesnt have his accuracy, arm strength or decision making. The only thing Jones has on Bradford is athleticism. It'd be a mistake to take Landry Jones in the 1st round and expect him to be your franchise QB.

Another pathetic Henne bashing thread!! Yeah I rated this thread one star. Henne is a lot better than last year, he has definitely improved and it's only 2 games. Give me a break, you people have an agenda and you all live some very sad lives with all the negativity you live with. If you can't see that Henne is a different QB, then you are just blinded by your hate for the guy. There is a reason why people get upset when you bash Henne and it's because you are the minority that can't see that he is a better QB and getting better.

Another pathetic Henne bashing thread!! Yeah I rated this thread one star. Henne is a lot better than last year, he has definitely improved and it's only 2 games. Give me a break, you people have an agenda and you all live some very sad lives with all the negativity you live with. If you can't see that Henne is a different QB, then you are just blinded by your hate for the guy. There is a reason why people get upset when you bash Henne and it's because you are the minority that can't see that he is a better QB and getting better.

When did I ever say I bash him? I mention his problems. Henne is not perfect and he has problems. He's definitely improved though. So yah let's just ignore his problems and say Henne is the next Tom Brady.

Back
Top Bottom