What I believe is going on

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 67Stang, Mar 12, 2018.

1. 67Stang

67Stang FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Back in 2014 we were 8-8 and just missed the playoffs mainly due to 3 close games in which Tannehill scored late to give us the lead the D gave up late drives to lose games that would have put us in the playoffs. The logical thinking (at that time) is we are close and need to stop these last minute drives and a supposed once in a life time player came available in Suh that would help with those late game collapses. Obviously it did not work out as planned.

The 2 biggest issues with this team that have been going on for a VERY LONG time is horrid drafts and the O-Line. We have drafted so bad for so long that we have had to reach for good but often injured players like Delmas, Albert, and many others. Really Grimes is the only one that worked out decently. Albert was solid, but as he was in KC was often injured here too.

This regime whether right or wrong has made a decision of trying to stop slapping Band-Aids on wounds that have been open for a long time in an attempt to be competitive. They have decided to not over pay in an attempt to keep players that are good but not great and have had us averaging around .500 or below for years. We are cutting bait with the likes of Suh as well, who although a great player is not a leader and freelances too much, often running him self out of the play and losing gap integrity.

I believe the thought process here is to hopefully take one step back to take many steps forward. I love Tannehill, but he could be caught up in this as well. I think we are going to start (or attempt) to build through the draft, sign quality free agents smartly, and not overpay for our own players who will not accept fair offers to be here. It all starts with the draft though. The draft is how you keep your cap down and if you chose wisely, you don't have to gamble with the likes of Albert or overpay for the likes of Suh.

Yes it is hard to see talent leave, but it is not hard to see us not overpay for that talent on a team that has a lot of holes and not a lot of cap space.......so I get it and see what they are doing. Just MHO on the matter.

tay0365, Stoobz, CRhodes and 9 others like this.
  2. Decleater

Decleater Rookie

I think they are switching to a 3-4

*Demi*God* and 67Stang like this.
  3. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Please football gods, grace us Tua or Trevor Finheaven VIP

I just think the FO is terrible and they don’t know what’s going on.

Although Suh hasn’t been anywhere near as good from a pass rushing standpoint that he was in Detroit, he was still a damn good player.

Miami got rid of a damn good player today. Nothing else needs to be said.

4. superphin

superphin don't go clown shoes on us Finheaven VIP

That makes sense but than it makes me wonder why we traded for Quinn? That's 11 million on a team already tight against the cap. Its almost as if this team is run by a total ****ing idiot!!!

5. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I’m leaning towards your thinking on this one. I think the pow-wow between Gase, Grier, and Tannenbaum might have produced a wholesale vision shift. Unfortunately, they will never reveal their thinking to the fans because that would also tip off the rest of the league.

The anger from fans, fully justified btw, is based on what appears to be a complete 180 turn after so many bad contracts and poor drafts.

I may be wrong, but I disagree on Tannehill not being a part of the culture change. He’s smart and he’s a hard worker. Gase is trying to keep more of those players in the building.

MelbournePhin, *Demi*God* and Ray R like this.
  6. EROCK528

EROCK528 Active Member

How about moving McDonald to LB with Anthony, Kiko and McMillan and sign an FS and DT (Poe)

*Demi*God* and foozool13 like this.
  7. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes Finheaven VIP Donator

But why pick up Quinn?

8. thefieds

thefieds Rookie

So Suh killed our cap coming and is killing it some more going.

Well done, Tannenbaum!

Third Eye and Hargitt01 like this.
  9. Decleater

Decleater Rookie

I thought Quinn was in a 3-4 last year...

67Stang likes this.
  10. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

Except for the fact that they traded for Robert Quinn who hasn't produced an elite pass rushing season in two years lmao

11. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

Correct, Quinn is 4-3 DE not really sure about this love affair with the 3-4 but nothing about the personnel moves on defense say anything about a scheme change offense is a different story entirely

12. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

One things for sure Gase is definitely putting a stamp on this team. He wants his own players and getting rid of dead weight. We’ll see in the upcoming seasons if Gase is truly
    The right coach for this team.

Dakar001 and Ray R like this.
  13. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes Finheaven VIP Donator

He was, which is why the Rams moved on.

DolfanDuBbZ~ and SeventhUserName like this.
  14. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Interior o-lines were able to focus almost exclusively on him because he was surrounded by camp fodder.

Kadiddlehopper likes this.
  15. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Which makes it a very Dolphins thing to do. Trade for a 4-3 DE from a team on which he wasn't a fit in the 3-4, then switch to that system.