What i don't understand about the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What i don't understand about the draft

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
IS HOW JAMEIS WINSTON IS GOING TO BE A FIRST OVERALL PICK AND NO ONE WANTS TO TOUCH DORIEL GREEN-Beckam until the next day for character concerns. Jameis was accused of rape. Apparently,even that will not stop teams who need to find a franchise quarterback. What I understand, though is when it comes to the NFL draft character matters but talent matters most. we cannot keep drafting duds because they're good character guys. If character is what matters most, Jameis won't even be in the draft talks but when you have talent, people are willing to overlook your character flaws. I am sick and tired of our team missing out on guys like Dez Bryant because of character issues.

Now, that being said. DGB's talent should weigh more than his character, the guy is simply the best wide receiver in this year's draft. period! Dorial Green Beckham is an athlete you don't get everyday. standing at 6'6 225 lbs. running a mid to low 4.4 40 yard. He's been nicknamed "Moss Reincarnated" for good reasons. He is the ultimate "game changer" Miami lacks and needs. With the incidents at Mizzou behind him I think he's matured and ready to move on to bigger and better things. Think about it, if this guy works out for us, Miami would automatically become a powerhouse and a superbowl contender for years to come. If not then we'll still be an 8-8 team Phil loves. LOL!

Other than kevin White and or Devante Parker at 14, no other draft pick would excite the fans more than DGB. Go Phil, just go away and Go Phins !

GIF-Conceding-Lumbergh-Office-Office-Space-OK-Ok-then-Uh-yeah-Umm-Well-then-GIF.gif

DGB is also raw as hell. Underwhelming route runner, plays soft for his size . . . missed a year of football. Upside is high, bust potential even higher. Need to give him 2+ years before expecting much.

Winston is the most talented QB in the draft in a league that needs young QB talent. Everybody talks about Luck, Wilson, Tannehill, etc like their is a young QB revolution . . . . but there are 12 or so teams that really don't have an answer at QB. So yea, the most talented QB with a couple of red flags ****s on the a talented troubled WR. Hell it isn't even close.

Somebody will roll the dice on DGB in round 1 or early round 2 . . . and maybe he works out and becomes a great WR in the NFL. Let them take that risk.

Winston has won a Championship and hasn't bounced around to different college teams like DGB, but some GM's have said Winston is the next Jamarcus Russell.....so don't buy the hype just yet.

Winston has had one accusation while Beckham has been arrested and Was kicked out of Missouri. Not to mention he hasn't played since 2013

DGB is also raw as hell. Underwhelming route runner, plays soft for his size . . . missed a year of football. Upside is high, bust potential even higher. Need to give him 2+ years before expecting much.

Winston is the most talented QB in the draft in a league that needs young QB talent. Everybody talks about Luck, Wilson, Tannehill, etc like their is a young QB revolution . . . . but there are 12 or so teams that really don't have an answer at QB. So yea, the most talented QB with a couple of red flags ****s on the a talented troubled WR. Hell it isn't even close.

Somebody will roll the dice on DGB in round 1 or early round 2 . . . and maybe he works out and becomes a great WR in the NFL. Let them take that risk.

Well that should resolve this thread. If not, sorry op, can't help ya

Winston has won a Championship and hasn't bounced around to different college teams like DGB, but some GM's have said Winston is the next Jamarcus Russell.....so don't buy the hype just yet.

Eh...... thats not saying much.

If DGB was the face of a school, he wouldn't of been kicked off the team. (Unless that team/school actually takes character into account)

Winston ran around with a free pass during his time at FSU. Jimbo, the school, hell even the police covered up for that kid. Rape allegations, theft, public disturbance......

I get the kid is the most talented QB in this years draft class. But I don't think he or any QB in this draft is worth much at all. I just don't see it.

If FSU was not in the championship hunt last year, Winston would of been suspended for FSU to cover face.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Winston has had one accusation while Beckham has been arrested and Was kicked out of Missouri. Not to mention he hasn't played since 2013

Winston also had half the state of Florida covering up for him.

Winston would of been kicked out of Missouri as well for the stuff he did. FSU pushed that aside because money talks and football makes money.

I wouldn't want to draft Wiston even if we still had Fiedler or Feeley. Just putting that out there. DGB...NO WAY!

Worst year to have the first overall pick . You have to go Winston or your fan base will kill you . But I'm sure their gm isn't overly crazy about having to pick that moron . It is what it is .

If I was the bucs gm id trade back in a heart beat .

He'll if I could id take rivers and some picks from the chargers .

You get rivers in Tampa with Evans and Jackson ....... Now you're talking a 360 turn around .

remember rivers tore it up with Jackson once too ... So you AlREAdY have some chemistry there .

Im def no Winston fan. Guy is stupid. Steal crab legs from publix. Yell out stupid things in a student meeting. And yes the alleged rape.

As a player i don't think Winston is that great of a prospect either. He has alot of potential yes but also alot of work to do.

DGB needs even more work i wouldn't touch either of them. Didnt anyone learn from Johnny Manziel. Don't take a QB with character concerns

While I like DGB's intangibles and upside, the 14th pick is too high. If he is there with our second pick, I say go for it. He is a freakishly talented kid, but needs to grow up. Maybe he learned his lesson and can stay out of trouble.

No gm has said that. Not saying some dont think that. A scout did say that. Im not saying he will be a stud but the only thing he has in common with Russel is they are both black lol

I said it before and I will say it again.

Whatever GM/Coach drafts Winston is fired in 3 years.

Sorry Lovie

I said it before and I will say it again.

Whatever GM/Coach drafts Winston is fired in 3 years.

Sorry Lovie

Yea its much better to work for Ross , he just extends u then fires u the next year

Back
Top Bottom