What i don't understand about the draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What i don't understand about the draft

never trust GM. they are trying get player drop in draft ranking

not much of a comparison here really....one is an actual proven football player who has won under the brightest lights and highest pressure...not to mention he won the heisman along with it. The other is nothing but measurables documented as being incredibly raw, hasn't accomplished much other than being kicked off a team....

off field you're looking at one who has been accused and never charged for rape, and now is under civil law for "in excess of $15,000" which screams money grab to me...plus a handful of minor stuff. the other was charged with throwing a woman down 4 stairs and repeatedly caught with marijuana one time being a POUND.

it's really a crazy comparison to draw. I do understand that Jameis is a shaky first pick, and I certainly don't respect the guy's character, or know for certain he didn't rape that girl, but let's not act like DGB is some sort of god's gift to football being overlooked because of a few questionable decisions.....one is accomplished, playing at the most valuable position in the game with nothing major on paper as far as off field, the other has failed to put together a massively impressive career BECAUSE of off field stuff, and serious stuff at that.

I know I'm in the minority when I say Winston drops out of the consensus #1 pick.

Not exceedingly far but drop.

I know I'm in the minority when I say Winston drops out of the consensus #1 pick.

He is not getting past Tampa Bay. They need a Qb and he is the top prospect and he is immensely popular in florida.
Not a chance in hell they pass on him unless he gets arrested in next few days

Hardly...he's the second best QB to come out (second to only Luck) in the last few years...

Just last year i think teddy Bridgewater was a better prospect. He fell alot further then he should have. Bortles had a good combine amd such but he was overdrafted

Just last year i think teddy Bridgewater was a better prospect. He fell alot further then he should have. Bortles had a good combine amd such but he was overdrafted

I like Teddy, but he doesn't come close to Winston Physical gifts or his elite leadership and his mental make up on the field...

Winston's talent level is elevated by the complete lack of QB talent coming out this year. I don't see the hype around him being "the best QB since Luck". I think he's an idiot and will burn TB and bust hard. He's a freaking numbskull.

Winston's talent level is elevated by the complete lack of QB talent coming out this year. I don't see the hype around him being "the best QB since Luck". I think he's an idiot and will burn TB and bust hard. He's a freaking numbskull.

Except he carried a team with only one experienced WR to the game before national title, he's only lost one game as a starter, has a Heisman...players gravitate to him as a leader...and he believes that he can;t be beat...

If given the chance...I would trade Tannehill for the number 1 overall and Draft Winston...

Except he carried a team with only one experienced WR to the game before national title, he's only lost one game as a starter, has a Heisman...players gravitate to him as a leader...and he believes that he can;t be beat...

If given the chance...I would trade Tannehill for the number 1 overall and Draft Winston...

My man, I completely agree and have been having this conversation nonstop with my friends who are FSU alums and life long bucs fans. He's a stud prospect, and off the charts as far as leadership makeup, and physical attributes. However he does have some character red flags that scare me, but I think he's an all around STAR prospect. He gets a lot of flak.

Please remain calm when the guys in white jackets take you for a car ride.

Back
Top Bottom