What i don't understand about the draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What i don't understand about the draft

I read the complaint by the accuser and related articles. I'm convinced the rape accusations were legit. If that case had been investigated normally outside a secure college town, Winston would have been charged. Put that type of thing on his resume and he drops, if not locked up for years/decades.

Because of the way it unfolded, the case drifted and Winston escaped. Tallahassee law enforcement is skilled at selective investigation depending on status of the accused. I don't think that's out of bounds. Read the summaries of incidents dating to the Bowden years if not earlier. College towns have that aspect in common but some take it further than others.

In Green-Beckham's situation there were several examples of questionable character topped by the stair-shoving incident, which by definition did not occur behind closed doors with he said/she said variables, like Winston's case.

I read the complaint by the accuser and related articles. I'm convinced the rape accusations were legit. If that case had been investigated normally outside a secure college town, Winston would have been charged. Put that type of thing on his resume and he drops, if not locked up for years/decades.

Because of the way it unfolded, the case drifted and Winston escaped. Tallahassee law enforcement is skilled at selective investigation depending on status of the accused. I don't think that's out of bounds. Read the summaries of incidents dating to the Bowden years if not earlier. College towns have that aspect in common but some take it further than others.

In Green-Beckham's situation there were several examples of questionable character topped by the stair-shoving incident, which by definition did not occur behind closed doors with he said/she said variables, like Winston's case.

Yes I know I appear biased because im an FSU fan, so lets try to keep this to the facts. What makes you "convinced" the allegations were true? Have you read the part where her story changed, dramatically, several times?

And a supplementary hearing was held where an ex Supreme Court judge heard the case. He found no evidence to support a rape conviction.

EDIT: P.S. Not debating that he may have been charged in another city. That however has nothing to do with guilt. False rape accusations happen every single day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Winston has won a Championship and hasn't bounced around to different college teams like DGB, but some GM's have said Winston is the next Jamarcus Russell.....so don't buy the hype just yet.

That comparison really annoys me. The only similarity is that they are both black, not skinny little speed guys, and had off-the-field controversies. Those are not a very good basis for comparison. Especially when ones off the field concerns are related to immaturity that tons of college kids go through (Winston) and the other guys is an addiction to drugs and a general lack of care for football in general (Russell).

When Winston is drafted and signs that contract, he will make Dion Jordan look like the consummate team player.
He probably will not make it to training camp without getting arrested. Just sayin.
Slugs for Thugs will apply to him at some point..

When Winston is drafted and signs that contract, he will make Dion Jordan look like the consummate team player.
He probably will not make it to training camp without getting arrested. Just sayin.
Slugs for Thugs will apply to him at some point..

Lol. No one had ever questioned his dedication. Hes also never been arrested. But hey, who likes facts?

Comparing off the field stuff is one thing but DGB also is not the WR prospect right now some make him out to be either. Could he be? Sure. But hes never 3 x act ly dominated in college

Tannehill in a huddle isn't **** compared to Winston. Anyone saying he's a bad quarterback is just flat out wrong.

Winston is more....natural...Tannehill is more...robotic...created...

Again...I will say I am Happy with RT as our QB...I think he can win a Super Bowl, but Winston is special...

special_ed-1.jpg

It's simple.

QB is the most important position. WR is much mess important.

Winston is coming out in the worst QB year in recent memory. DGB is coming out in yet another year full of good WR prospects.

Terrible year to own no. overall

I wouldn't touch Winston in this draft... while he isn't the second coming of J. Russell I still wouldn't touch him... He is waaaaaay immature

DBG ~ rape or not, the guys lacks the everyday sizzle of a second rd pick, he is a project and could be project fodder like Pat White and what have we learned from projects and tweeners??

I'm all for it. I think his off field issues have made him available for us. We should feel lucky and take him. He's raw, but he can't be bad in the rz as a rookie. He's still 6'6" and like 240. He's what our offense needs right now and could be what it needs in the near future. We have a good mentor right now that could help him keep straight and learn route running. If the top 3 recievers are gone I'd go dgb if I'm set on a wr. Jennings, Landry, stills and dgb. Awesome.

Terrible year to own no. overall

I wouldn't touch Winston in this draft... while he isn't the second coming of J. Russell I still wouldn't touch him... He is waaaaaay immature

DBG ~ rape or not, the guys lacks the everyday sizzle of a second rd pick, he is a project and could be project fodder like Pat White and what have we learned from projects and tweeners??
DGB never raped anybody that's Winston. DGB pushed a girl down a couple stairs. While that's definitely not okay to do in a moment of frustration anybody can push a girl out of the way. It just so happened that there were 4 stairs where he pushed her.

Talent wise hes up there with the best of this class but very raw. The rawest guy in this class out of the WRs in the top 4 rounds I'd say

DGB never raped anybody that's Winston. DGB pushed a girl down a couple stairs. While that's definitely not okay to do in a moment of frustration anybody can push a girl out of the way. It just so happened that there were 4 stairs where he pushed her.

Talent wise hes up there with the best of this class but very raw. The rawest guy in this class out of the WRs in the top 4 rounds I'd say

are you serious?

only one of those two players were ever charged, and it really sounds like you're downplaying the whole, pushing a woman down the stairs thing, quite a bit there.....but you're right he was probably just high or something

Back
Top Bottom