What if Fiedler flat out wins the competition? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Fiedler flat out wins the competition?

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
What if Fiedler flat out wins the competition?

You guys won't give props to Jay?I bet most of th people who jumped on Feeley bandwagon will be saying he sucks and blame Rick for not bringing in Collins.I can imagine how many "I hate Jay and Feeley sucks thread".Oh!Let's not forget all of Rick Spielman is an idiot thread. :roflmao:

:monkeyr: on another year of floater passes. Feeley must win the job.

If Fiedler wins the competition, there will be a few guys who will complain and say that he shouldn't start and that they prefer anyone over him. However, there will be a lot of people who will be mad that we gave up a second round pick for a guy who can't even beat out Fiedler. I thought initially and still believe that we gave up too much for Feeley, but I hope that Feeley can prove me wrong.

Trackstar#6 said:
:monkeyr: on another year of floater passes. Feeley must win the job.

Trust me on this:

Feeley throws aren't pretty either.He throws alot wobblers.I'm hoping competition bring out the best out of one of them.

iceblizzard69 said:
If Fiedler wins the competition, there will be a few guys who will complain and say that he shouldn't start and that they prefer anyone over him. However, there will be a lot of people who will be mad that we gave up a second round pick for a guy who can't even beat out Fiedler. I thought initially and still believe that we gave up too much for Feeley, but I hope that Feeley can prove me wrong.

Word.The Fins gave up too much for Feeley is true.We already have a QB prospect who in my opinion has all the tools.We could have just save that pick and allow Sage to comepete with Fiedler.I wouldn't be surprise that Sage outplays Feeley and Fiedler but still end up as #3.

I hope so too. But I remember seeing Feeley play in Philly, and his arm strength was better than Jay's. Just an opinion based on what I have seen.

Trackstar#6 said:
I hope so too. But I remember seeing Feeley play in Philly, and his arm strength was better than Jay's. Just an opinion based on what I have seen.

His arm is better but doesn't mean he throws nice tight spirals.Feeley arm is notch above Fiedler but he doesn't have a canon either.I really think Sage should get a shot but that just my opinion.

minus said:
You guys won't give props to Jay?I bet most of th people who jumped on Feeley bandwagon will be saying he sucks and blame Rick for not bringing in Collins.I can imagine how many "I hate Jay and Feeley sucks thread".Oh!Let's not forget all of Rick Spielman is an idiot thread. :roflmao:

Then that's our starting QB. I'll support him, and hope he doesn't get hurt. I think he has the talent surrounding him for him to be very successful in this offense.

I don't think it will happen. I think Feeley will win. They invested way too much in him, and he's has a lot more upside than Jay does at this point in career.

Oliver...

Sage is one of those interesting prospects that if given the opportunity, there is no tellin how good he will be. This is definatly the year to really see what this kid can do.

You know in reality I can care less who starts at qb. We have strong depth at quarterback. Jay is Jay... Feeley will likely start for us but we will have a strong back up qb behind us who can come in and make plays.

I think what everyone should consider is this.

Will any of these QBs:

1. Be consistent
2. Stay Healthy
3. Be a playmaker when we need it.

I made a comparison in another thread that we had an average running game with Lamar Smith, Nothing special but the guy worked hard. Then we got Ricky. He ran behind the same line and became a game turner. He made huge runs, he caused teams to rething the way they played the Fins. But it was with the same personnel.

We need the same thing at QB. Jay has been fair to good, but never great. He has had durability issues and has disappeared in big games.

We need a QB who can do for the passing game what Ricky has done for the running game. They QB has to make plays to win games and has to do it consitently all year and then show up big time when it counts most.

If Jay, or AJ don't do it then Speilman and this team deserves all the criticism they get. because there were/are quality QBs to have been had. They pulled the trigger early and took a big gamble and over paid.

Only time will tell and I am behind the team as a fan. As an objective student of the game, I think we blew it and we will finish out of the playoffs again this year.

I can't see how any objective person can disagree with this postion.

fin-atic said:
As an objective student of the game, I think we blew it and we will finish out of the playoffs again this year.

I can't see how any objective person can disagree with this postion.

I must ask, are you doing this kind of thing on purpose?? I mean, you just took a shot at everyone who hasn't given up on the season already. Meaning, you just took a shot at 95% of Dolphin fans.

Really, I feel like an objective person. But I completely disagree with you. I feel like that statement was completely unobjective.

If I'm misinterperating what you said (and those two sentences weren't meant to be tied together), I sincerely apologize for my error. Either way, I guess I need clarification. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aj Will Win The Battle Just Give It Time Guys Have A Little Trust In Rick He Did Pretty Good In The Draft.i Belive Rick Knows Talent And He Sees A Hidden Gem In This Guy I Seen Him Play Here In Tampa Played A Preety Good Game Against The Bucs.has Alot Stronger Arm Than Fiedler By Season Start He Will Be The Starter And We Will Be Succesful!!!!!! Alot Of Upside

Back
Top Bottom