What if Ricky is cut by the end of training camp? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Ricky is cut by the end of training camp?

thedayafter said:
  • RW played at 210 in college so he could go from 190-5 to 210 by November.
  • RW is a power back and has always punished the opposition as much as himself.
  • RW was never an issue in the locker room until he quit. If he can come back and help the Dolphins win he will be accepted by most and tolerated by some.

ummm when was he 210? i know when he was drafted he was up in the 230s but i never remember him being in the 210 range...

Megatron said:
Just a thought that I personally don't think Ricky will even make the team. You can't fake a love of football, and it's that little bit extra that makes a great player. He doesn't have it. Probably never did.

I won't lie to you: that would probably be the cleanest, easiest resolution for all involved. But I can't get past the potential value to the team he could have if he does "cowboy up" (I hate myself for using that cliche).

arsenal said:
ummm when was he 210? i know when he was drafted he was up in the 230s but i never remember him being in the 210 range...

He said himself he was 210 in college. It was in an article somewhere.

DrAstroZoom said:
I won't lie to you: that would probably be the cleanest, easiest resolution for all involved. But I can't get past the potential value to the team he could have if he does "cowboy up" (I hate myself for using that cliche).
I want the Dolphins to represent something other than Ricky Williams. I want our team to have players of character and to be a team I can talk football about without " haha what are you guys bringing Ricky back now, boy you are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel now". He's a joke and he makes the Dolphins look like a joke, because he just keeps playing us again and again. I would never allow a player like that on my team if I was in charge and I'd happily let him sit out the rest of his career. There are lots of players that fall through the cracks in the NFL that deserve more of a shot then Ricky. Just my take.

You guys are crazy! Ricky will NOT be cut. He has more potential than any rb that we have, even over Ronnie imo. Ricky when he played could do it all, even if he still does run out of bounce. I seem to think that if he does run out of bounce Saban will be on his @ss! Ronnie and Ricky will be a dynasty for years! Makes Ron Dayne and Tiki Barber(when they played together) look like tinker toys when all is said and done. I deff. dont want them to break it up even after this year.

FuturePhin said:
You guys are crazy! Ricky will NOT be cut. He has more potential than any rb that we have, even over Ronnie imo. Ricky when he played could do it all, even if he still does run out of bounce. I seem to think that if he does run out of bounce Saban will be on his @ss! Ronnie and Ricky will be a dynasty for years! Makes Ron Dayne and Tiki Barber(when they played together) look like tinker toys when all is said and done. I deff. dont want them to break it up even after this year.
Ricky had potential about four years ago. His is a known quantity now and all the potential he has is to see if he can recapture his form that led the league in rushing in 2002. Fans that have watched football for a while will know just how hard that can be for a player.

Megatron said:
* No way are college players as big or as good as NFL players.

* A smaller frame will mean more punishment for Ricky and less for the opposition.

* Jason Taylor and Pat Surtain had no problems ripping Ricky after he quit on the team last year. Doesn't sound like Ricky was a strong lockerroom presence, in fact he was a constant concern because of his failed drug tests. He'll have to compete against younger more hungry players with no support from veterans he's played with and no special considerations from the coaches.

• Did not say they were, but RW at 210 would still be productive durability may be an issue, but it is for all backs.
  • JT plays defense, the units barely talk.
  • Surtain is gone.
  • Said RW was not an issue in the locker room... presence on no presence, he was not a distraction.
  • New staff without the scar tissue will give RW a clean slate, the rest will be up to RW.
  • If McKinney wants to loose his job because he doesn't want to block for RW... don't let the door hit ya'.
  • I could not be more satisfied with the prospect of "no more considerations from the coaches". Saban runs a tight ship, the way it should be.

Megatron said:
I want the Dolphins to represent something other than Ricky Williams. I want our team to have players of character and to be a team I can talk football about without " haha what are you guys bringing Ricky back now, boy you are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel now". He's a joke and he makes the Dolphins look like a joke, because he just keeps playing us again and again. I would never allow a player like that on my team if I was in charge and I'd happily let him sit out the rest of his career. There are lots of players that fall through the cracks in the NFL that deserve more of a shot then Ricky. Just my take.

At least he's not an ex-con.

Lewis released from jail: asks prison officials for permission to attend camp

thedayafter said:
  • Did not say they were, but RW at 210 would still be productive durability may be an issue, but it is for all backs.
  • JT plays defense, the units barely talk.
  • Surtain is gone.
  • Said RW was not an issue in the locker room... presence on no presence, he was not a distraction.
  • New staff without the scar tissue will give RW a clean slate, the rest will be up to RW.
  • If McKinney wants to loose his job because he doesn't want to block for RW... don't let the door hit ya'.
  • I could not be more satisfied with the prospect of "no more considerations from the coaches". Saban runs a tight ship, the way it should be.
Really it's all up to how well Ricky can play and wether he can stay clean and show commitment to the Dolphins. That said we've seen his previous examples of committment to the team. Wasn't a pretty picture.

Sorry, I know that's comparing apples and oranges, but I wonder if Ravens fans have any moral outrage at this?

DrAstroZoom said:
Sorry, I know that's comparing apples and oranges, but I wonder if Ravens fans have any moral outrage at this?
That's a good question. All I know is Lewis didn't quit on his team. He's an idiot, but not a quitter.

DrAstroZoom said:

• They can't wait to get the guy back on the field... no doubt

Megatron said:
That's a good question. All I know is Lewis didn't quit on his team. He's an idiot, but not a quitter.

• Harsh is the way you want to play it... your entitled
  • RW one example and no second chance... might as well toss out half the NFL.... :D

Back
Top Bottom