What if Ricky is cut by the end of training camp? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Ricky is cut by the end of training camp?

FuturePhin said:
I still dont think we've seen the best of Ricky. I want to see him when he's confident about the team, the coaching, and actually the team as a whole will be a contender. I believe were alot closer than we EVER were with Wanny at the helm. We have a better line/COACHING, better wide reciever cor, everythings better. He has to see that. I beleive that is why he's comming back. He has the will. He's going to be very dangerous.

I agree. If Ricky was 32 I could see him not being successful. BUt he is healthy, rested and talented and only 28. He will shine again if he does, indeed, come back.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I think if he comes back (I still think its an IF), he does not last three weeks into training camp until he quits again!

most likely i bet he will do that, sounds typical of him:shakeno:

ch19079 said:
so how long does ricky have to be on the team to have the debt removed?
or does he jsut owe the team 8 mil, and the team is offering him a job?

i dont think ricky can make the team as he is now. and i dont think the team will ever see that 8 mil.

That might be the case, however none of us are lawyers. No one really knows what happens with the debt or what effects of him coming back has on that debt. My understanding is that he owes the money no matter what he does football related from now on. What actually happens is something that has to be worked out between Ricky and the team.

DonShula84 said:
So you are basically saying he was never a great player? He wont be cut, get real.
No I said he had the physical attributes and talent, just no heart. He's the NFL's version of the Tinman.

What if the moon falls out of the sky and lands on the dolphins practice field killing all the dolphins players, do they still count against cap, or do we have to find all new players and fit them under what little cap room we have left. Cause that is about as likely a situation as ricky getting cut in camp, he may quit, but he won't be cut.

finswin56 said:
What I can't believe is that the NFL got away with a suspension in the first place. Lewis is a criminal, but his criminal acts were committed before being an NFL employee.

Sorry about off topic.

Nothing, including being cut would surprise me about Ricky. I would actually welcome this as a final resolution to one enormous distraction.

he commited the crimes befor being an employee. (though after he was drafted) but he was found guilty after he was hired. i know if i was hired with a pending trial hanging over my head, im sure there would be something in the contract about being found guilty would void the deal. or in the NFL's contract, be suspended for a while. it would have to be an NFL thing, cus the team wont suspend him.

also sorry about off topic talk..

If Ricky is cut by the end of training camp, I'll do a happy dance. On another note, painnotpleasure has an endless supply of the best pictures, way to go man!

Megatron said:
No I said he had the physical attributes and talent, just no heart. He's the NFL's version of the Tinman.
i wouldnt go that far. its unlikly, but if he shows up thin, weak, and doesnt show a desire to play... the fins might want to use that roster spot for a diffrent player and position.

he has said befor that he does not want to play football in the NFL, and never did. he was just to weak to say no to all those people. he finaly took controle and said no, and now the fins are dragging him back.

Megatron said:
Just a thought that I personally don't think Ricky will even make the team. You can't fake a love of football, and it's that little bit extra that makes a great player. He doesn't have it. Probably never did.

WHAT THE FREAK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. YOU ARE TALKING OUT OF YOUR ARSSSS!!! Ricky retired becuase he did not want to face the humility of failing the 3rd drug test or whatever. He suffers some disorder and reacted the only way he felt he could at the time. To say he does not love football and probably never did is so erroneous it almost makes me sick. :shakeno:

Fins 34 said:
WHAT THE FREAK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. YOU ARE TALKING OUT OF YOUR ARSSSS!!! Ricky retired becuase he did not want to face the humility of failing the 3rd drug test or whatever. He suffers some disorder and reacted the only way he felt he could at the time. To say he does not love football and probably never did is so erroneous it almost makes me sick. :shakeno:

he has said that he failed the test becuase he didnt want to play football anymore. (maybe he was lying). you are right in that he never said he didnt love football. he said he never "wanted" to play in the NFL.

Megatron said:
* Jason Taylor and Pat Surtain had no problems ripping Ricky after he quit on the team last year. Doesn't sound like Ricky was a strong lockerroom presence, in fact he was a constant concern because of his failed drug tests. He'll have to compete against younger more hungry players with no support from veterans he's played with and no special considerations from the coaches.

Good, no GREAT Post!!!!! A lot of people think he's going to be the Ricky Williams that was here in 2002, but the fact of the matter is............ He was only that good for THAT SEASON. He had one good year, and if you think spending a year away from the game smoking up, and doing Only God knows what isn't going to affect him, you're delerious. Right Now, Brown, Gordon, Minor, And Morris are probably all better RB's than Ricky Williams is "Right Now" and Ricky IS NOT going to get any special treatments from the coaches or the players!!!!

Fins 34 said:
It seems I have struck a nerve with some of you people. I think he has been unsure about what he wants to do for a long time and he played football for the money. The guys got three kids from three different women, and had to be dragged into court for support payments for each one. "But it's his mental condition". Boo frickin hoo, cry me a river. There are more people doing there best to cope with a condition like that and doing quite well. So retiring would keep him from the humiliation of a third drug test? Uh he gets an automatic fail of his fourth drug test by doing that, good way to hide from the media. Also he publicly stated he wanted to do drugs!!! How is that hiding from humiliation!?!?!?!? You Ricky apologists just don't get it at all. Now open your mind for just a second and think for yourself one reason Ricky might not make this team and what would that reason be.

outlawd2u said:
Good, no GREAT Post!!!!! A lot of people think he's going to be the Ricky Williams that was here in 2002, but the fact of the matter is............ He was only that good for THAT SEASON. He had one good year, and if you think spending a year away from the game smoking up, and doing Only God knows what isn't going to affect him, you're delerious. Right Now, Brown, Gordon, Minor, And Morris are probably all better RB's than Ricky Williams is "Right Now" and Ricky IS NOT going to get any special treatments from the coaches or the players!!!!
Yup.:)

Megatron said:
It seems I have struck a nerve with some of you people. I think he has been unsure about what he wants to do for a long time and he played football for the money. The guys got three kids from three different women, and had to be dragged into court for support payments for each one. "But it's his mental condition". Boo frickin hoo, cry me a river. There are more people doing there best to cope with a condition like that and doing quite well. So retiring would keep him from the humiliation of a third drug test? Uh he gets an automatic fail of his fourth drug test by doing that, good way to hide from the media. Also he publicly stated he wanted to do drugs!!! How is that hiding from humiliation!?!?!?!? You Ricky apologists just don't get it at all. Now open your mind for just a second and think for yourself one reason Ricky might not make this team and what would that reason be.
well since you are Megatron the ruler of the universe, I guess it's okay for you to judge Ricky. so forgive me. LOL.

Fins 34 said:
well since you are Megatron the ruler of the universe, I guess it's okay for you to judge Ricky. so forgive me. LOL.
I tend not to be too judgemental in life, unless someone does things that piss me off. I wanted Ricky to do well here and play well. But I didn't pretend to think that the "malcontent" from N.O. was a different man when he came here. As soon as the drug test failures came out I was already starting to think this could be a problem for the Dolphins. He had every right to quit if he wanted to, but I honestly think he quit under the assumption he could get out with all of his signing bonus money. Also I believe that the "retirement" was a means to force the Dolphins to trade him. Barry Sanders did the same thing. Now if that's how he wanted to play it then fine. Problem is he's such a screwup that he starts spouting pretty much whatever comes to mind about why he quit instead of just saying the truth. That I don't like. He gave so many BS answers and never once said the real reason why. I know in my heart he has never been honest with the fans, his teammates, or the people in his life (the baby mommas chasing him down proves that). He wanted to walk out of football with a ton of money and do whatever he felt like with no responsibilities.

Back
Top Bottom