What if Ricky is cut by the end of training camp? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Ricky is cut by the end of training camp?

Ricky quit yes because of the drug test, but if you saw him play in 2003, he was not the same, he ran out of bounds a ton of times instead of hitting people, the first person took him down often. He seemed not to have the disire any more.

Yes, the drug teat had something to do with it last year, but don't over look his heart, I think (Yes I), he lost his heart for football, and he has said that.

Can he get back to what he was, yes, if he had the heart of a lion! I really don't think Ricky knows what the heck he wants to do. But the first couple of times someone like Roth or Crowder give him a shot to make a statement in practice, you just may see Ricky back in his tent!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Ricky quit yes because of the drug test, but if you saw him play in 2003, he was not the same, he ran out of bounds a ton of times instead of hitting people, the first person took him down often. He seemed not to have the disire any more.

Yes, the drug teat had something to do with it last year, but don't over look his heart, I think (Yes I), he lost his heart for football, and he has said that.

Can he get back to what he was, yes, if he had the heart of a lion! I really don't think Ricky knows what the heck he wants to do. But the first couple of times someone like Roth or Crowder give him a shot to make a statement in practice, you just may see Ricky back in his tent!
I don't think he will want absorb anymore punishment. Plus you won't have "hands off Ricky" notices up like Wanny did.

I really don't think Ricky, lost his love for the game. Ricky knew he was going to give another dirty test. and was going to be suspended for 4 games or a year? And everyone knows that Ricky does not like to talk to the media. So instead of facing the music he just quit. Thats what i believe. As far as still wanting to play I don't really know about that. But i believe Ricky will make the roster and he will put on more weight, and he will come back and be a strong runner for the Dolphins. Do I like Ricky as a person for what he did to our team...NO! But can he still play and produce for the Dolphins....YES!

hellsapoppin said:
I really don't think Ricky, lost his love for the game. Ricky knew he was going to give another dirty test. and was going to be suspended for 4 games or a year? And everyone knows that Ricky does not like to talk to the media. So instead of facing the music he just quit. Thats what i believe. As far as still wanting to play I don't really know about that. But i believe Ricky will make the roster and he will put on more weight, and he will come back and be a strong runner for the Dolphins. Do I like Ricky as a person for what he did to our team...NO! But can he still play and produce for the Dolphins....YES!
I honestly question wether he still has what it takes to be an NFL player. Putting on weight really fast can cause all kinds of problems. Coordination can be off, sluggish running, energy issues. I'm sure his new "Astrobody" will be bulked up but can he return to his previous form. I don't think he can and I honestly think if he has a tough time of it he will quit. The minute he returns all cameras will be on him. But I thought he hates talking to the media so much it's crippling for him. Well I guess it's a neccessary evil to make all that money eh?? Just like it is for every other player in the NFL.

Plus he was working out in India??? Doing what, cow tipping? And then having everyone chase him because he tipped the cows?

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Plus he was working out in India??? Doing what, cow tipping? And then having everyone chase him because he tipped the cows?
Actually he was learning to cram himself into a little box like all those yoga swamis. But he quit because he didn't love it anymore.

Megatron said:
Actually he was learning to cram himself into a little box like all those yoga swamis. But he quit because he didn't love it anymore.

That explains the 195 pounds!

clear.gif

just a thought but I think Ricky could be said to be behind even Gordon on the depth chart considering he hasn't played in a year and isn't in football shape. One year can be quite a hurdle to overcome developmentally.

if he is cut he is cut, just like any other player, id rather have kj than him if they are both performing near the same level just to finally end the ricky saga.

Alien said:
if he is cut he is cut, just like any other player, id rather have kj than him if they are both performing near the same level just to finally end the ricky saga.
Exactly, I don't see Ricky as a lock to make the team at all.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
QUOTE]

I see where you can say "wasnt the same" but would you be the same with a crappy coach whos literally taking years off his career, a incompetent qb who couldnt complete a pass to save his life, and a line who looked like they would rather of been at a all you can eat buffet, than on the football field. I sure the heck would be fed up. I dont blame him for running out of bounce. If the TEAM as a whole was half @ss..I sure wouldnt put myself in harms way. Look at it this way, what Ricky did, by saying hell with this...had a Huge impact on what went on. He is the difference maker. He might not of came out and said anything point blank about how unhappy he or the team was, but his play transfered over to how the team felt imo.

Back
Top Bottom