What if Ricky is cut by the end of training camp? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Ricky is cut by the end of training camp?

thedayafter said:
  • They can't wait to get the guy back on the field... no doubt
He did the crime and did the time so I guess they will forgive him. This is Baltimore we're talking about here, everyone has done time there.:wink:

Megatron said:
Ricky had potential about four years ago. His is a known quantity now and all the potential he has is to see if he can recapture his form that led the league in rushing in 2002. Fans that have watched football for a while will know just how hard that can be for a player.

I still dont think we've seen the best of Ricky. I want to see him when he's confident about the team, the coaching, and actually the team as a whole will be a contender. I believe were alot closer than we EVER were with Wanny at the helm. We have a better line/COACHING, better wide reciever cor, everythings better. He has to see that. I beleive that is why he's comming back. He has the will. He's going to be very dangerous.

FuturePhin said:
I still dont think we've seen the best of Ricky. I want to see him when he's confident about the team, the coaching, and actually the team as a whole will be a contender. I believe were alot closer than we EVER were with Wanny at the helm. We have a better line/COACHING, better wide reciever cor, everythings better. He has to see that. I beleive that is why he's comming back. He has the will. He's going to be very dangerous.
Well we'll see which Ricky shows up at camp this year. But the Ricky you are talking about has never shown up, ever.

FuturePhin said:

I don't think we will ever see what Ricky could have been! I really don't think he knows what he wants to do.

Ricky said he was "never strong enough to not play football" until he decided to retire last year? What can we really believe about him?

I think the only reason Ricky could be cut is if this whole salary issue isn't resolved. I'm sure Saban knows what he's doing so that seems very doubtful.

Finz Fury said:
I think the only reason Ricky could be cut is if this whole salary issue isn't resolved. I'm sure Saban knows what he's doing so that seems very doubtful.
What if he doesn't perform well?? No way we can just assume he'll show up and dominate, not based on his history.

I think for Ricky to take a full year off was the best thing he could have done. Sure it sucked for us fans and the way he went about it was poor, but he even said himself that having the most carries in history during a two year period was taking its toll. IMO he'll be back fully healed, quicker than we've ever seen him and seems to have a belief in the coaches and system. He knew that by going through another year of "Wad" ball wasn't going to help the team out at all. He was right, this team had more issues than just him. A lot of those issues are now resolved.

I think it's wrong to say ricky never "loved" football. I truely believe he loved football at Texas, and in highschool. The NFL was too much like a business to ricky, and not like a game. I think he never really loved the NFL for that reason.

ch19079 said:
i still cant believe there will be no NFL penalty for a PRISON SENTENCE... :shakeno:

What I can't believe is that the NFL got away with a suspension in the first place. Lewis is a criminal, but his criminal acts were committed before being an NFL employee.

Sorry about off topic.

Nothing, including being cut would surprise me about Ricky. I would actually welcome this as a final resolution to one enormous distraction.

Megatron said:
You can't fake a love of football, and it's that little bit extra that makes a great player. He doesn't have it. Probably never did.

So you are basically saying he was never a great player? He wont be cut, get real.

FinzManiac said:
I would not be at all surprised if he showed up for training camp and didn't survive it.

I am curious to see how full contact drills go for him.
Will the D make him run the gauntlet, so to speak?

Megatron said:
He did the crime and did the time so I guess they will forgive him. This is Baltimore we're talking about here, everyone has done time there.:wink:

Hey now...you leave my hometown penitentiary...err football team alone.

ch19079 said:
so how long does ricky have to be on the team to have the debt removed?
or does he jsut owe the team 8 mil, and the team is offering him a job?

i dont think ricky can make the team as he is now. and i dont think the team will ever see that 8 mil.

Unless the Phins choose to not pursue some or all of the money, Ricky will owe it regardless of if or how long he plays.

Back
Top Bottom