What if Surtain and Rousseau are there at 18 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Surtain and Rousseau are there at 18

Rousseau may turn out to be a solid player in the NFL but he had one good season at UM in 2019 and then opted out in 2020. He is still a player who will need time to develop his game at the NFL level and I think he should be no more than a late first round pick or an early second round pick.

I think drafting him at 18 is too high but he would be worth taking a chance on with the pick they have at 36.

The Dolphins are not in need of a CB unless they trade Howard. So I would rather see them draft an offensive skill player at 18 instead of Surtain if he is still on the board which I doubt he will be.

Rousseau looks like a 43 de all the way. Best trait I see outside of the frame and length is his fluidity for his size. He’s not stiff. Can redirect well and get skinny even. Flatten to the qb

pure burst and twitch im not really seeing here. Might be one of those guys who outside of winning with length and power in space on the edge gives you your best pass rush return lined up inside or on stunts. Where his redirect and flatten ability and ability to get skinny thru gaps can show up more.

motor is inconsistent same for ball pursuit. When the ball/plays away he’s jogging. Maybe that his youth but I wouldn’t say his motor runs hot all the time by any means.

the lack of top end burst and twitch and explosion off the ball scares me in terms of consistent edge pass rush at the next level.

I’d rather get Carlos basham at the bottom of the First

Back
Top Bottom