What if Surtain and Rousseau are there at 18 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Surtain and Rousseau are there at 18

You've got to be able to pivot in the draft and be open to possibilities. Look at Tunsil as example. I'm sure none of Miami's pre-draft work had Tunsil making it there.

I doubt Surtain makes it past SF, but if he's there at #18 why not take him? He could possibly play safety his first couple of years, or the Dolphins could move Byron Jones back to safety.

A secondary of Howard, Surtain and Byron Jones would be awesome.

You've got to be able to pivot in the draft and be open to possibilities. Look at Tunsil as example. I'm sure none of Miami's pre-draft work had Tunsil making it there.

I doubt Surtain makes it past SF, but if he's there at #18 why not take him? He could possibly play safety his first couple of years, or the Dolphins could move Byron Jones back to safety.

Well didn't we draft Noah?

If I could get out of jones money I probably would but not to use my top 20 pick the same year on a corner.

asinine
I would agree, Jones was overpaid to an extent, and I certainly wouldn't draft another rd1 corner this year.

Maybe it's a lot of hope, as compared with actual facts, but I have faith that Iggy was not a wasted pick, and look for him to make a big improvement going forward.

He lacked experience, but his hip movement/change of direction is so fluid.

I don't remember you having commented on him. What is your eval?

I would agree, Jones was overpaid to an extent, and I certainly wouldn't draft another rd1 corner this year.

Maybe it's a lot of hope, as compared with actual facts, but I have faith that Iggy was not a wasted pick, and look for him to make a big improvement going forward.

He lacked experience, but his hip movement/change of direction is so fluid.

I don't remember you having commented on him. What is your eval?

Tired of hearing all the Noah bs. He did well when X went out. Did anyone saw him give away touchdowns because I can name a few starters that did.

I have a rule, don't draft guys in the 1st round who only have 1 year of film. It's just too risky.

Surat in ain’t no safety

Tired of hearing all the Noah bs. He did well when X went out. Did anyone saw him give away touchdowns because I can name a few starters that did.
He got torched when he was thrown in early in the season. There are no two ways about it. Those criticisms are wholly valid AFAIC.

That really isn't that indicative of how he will perform going forward though.

Most of the complaining I see is not personally against Noah, so much as it being a "luxury pick" when we had other obvious needs.

I don't, necessarily, agree but it is a fair point.

What's the saying. You can never have enough talent in the secondary.

Maybe Noah can play in the slot?

I think if Miami drafted Surtain, it would probably mean an eventual trade of X. Howard.
Is that a dire need? Our offensive line ranked 28th in the league while defense was top 5.

Imo there are 2 scenarios if Surtain fell to that 18 pick.

1 is Miami traded away Jones and his hefty cap number.We can then use that pick if need be.X isn't going anywhere.

2 if we don't trade any cb this could be some good trade bait for a team in the mid 20's imo we can get a few extra picks which could help build all 3 phases.

Back
Top Bottom