What if Surtain and Rousseau are there at 18 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Surtain and Rousseau are there at 18

If Surtain falls to 18, is he really that good? Why did 17 teams pass on him? We have tons of money invested at the position already so I would go with the pass rusher

If Surtain falls to 18, is he really that good? Why did 17 teams pass on him? We have tons of money invested at the position already so I would go with the pass rusher

If Rousseasu fell to 18, is he really that good?
Aren't edge rushers in higher demand than corners? Pay wise they are.

To me, it depends on how the Howard situation unfolds. If he is willing to holdout for a new deal with more guarantees, maybe look at Surtain and unloading Howard while his value is high and his potential dead cap is low.

We could lower the cost on the backend of the defense, and potentially Surtain could become an excellent corner who is cost controlled for 4+1 years.

Rousseau could play end and also weakside linebacker. Physically he is a force. At 18 we have choices to pick. If parsons, Collins, and etc is in there then at 18 it would be tough. If people in here are hoping to see players move outside the top 10 then start hoping everyone becomes in love with drafting a qb.

Big Canes fan, but I can't even say I'm all that sold on Rousseau as a great 1st round type DE. I mean he could be, but I am pretty cautious over him.

Rousseau could play end and also weakside linebacker. Physically he is a force. At 18 we have choices to pick. If parsons, Collins, and etc is in there then at 18 it would be tough. If people in here are hoping to see players move outside the top 10 then start hoping everyone becomes in love with drafting a qb.
IDK about that LB role. 2 totally different skill sets. Opposing coordinators would expose faster than Whitney Houston grabbed the pipe.

If Rousseasu fell to 18, is he really that good?
Aren't edge rushers in higher demand than corners? Pay wise they are.

To me, it depends on how the Howard situation unfolds. If he is willing to holdout for a new deal with more guarantees, maybe look at Surtain and unloading Howard while his value is high and his potential dead cap is low.

We could lower the cost on the backend of the defense, and potentially Surtain could become an excellent corner who is cost controlled for 4+1 years.
If Rousseau drops to 18 part of it would be him opting out this past year. I agree if they trade Howard you would need to draft a corner at some point

Saw Walter dropping both...

I'd take Surtain.

I've seen a lot of wacky movement already with a helluva long way to go.

18 is looking more and more interesting with some of these covid optouts falling...
Then a draft Surtain and trade Howard for 2X 1st round pricks.

We need to stop this trade howard train lol. I'm still wishing we had minka.
Hmmmm......

X had an incredible year, but I haven't forgotten past injury issues.

He will never have more value, than he does now. There is a fairly valid philosophy of a year too early, better than a year too late.

I would understand, and not complain either way on the Howard situation. I will admit, the contract shenanigans do factor in just a little.

As farxas Minkah? We are going to just have to disagree on that one.

Whiney cry baby momma's boy. Had he kept his concerns in house, thats one thing. Momma and him talking $hit on social media? That's another thing entirely.

It's a fight that Flo could never afford to lose as a 1st yeat HC.

Goid luck MF, but good riddance.

Hmmmm......

X had an incredible year, but I haven't forgotten past injury issues.

He will never have more value, than he does now. There is a fairly valid philosophy of a year too early, better than a year too late.

I would understand, and not complain either way on the Howard situation. I will admit, the contract shenanigans do factor in just a little.

As farxas Minkah? We are going to just have to disagree on that one.

Whiney cry baby momma's boy. Had he kept his concerns in house, thats one thing. Momma and him talking $hit on social media? That's another thing entirely.

It's a fight that Flo could never afford to lose as a 1st yeat HC.

Goid luck MF, but good riddance.
That worked out better for him. Either how, moving forward you never know until later. Hindsight 20 20.

If I could get out of jones money I probably would but not to use my top 20 pick the same year on a corner.

asinine

Meh, I just heard the 3 yards per carry episode, they noted most if not all his sacks were from the inside. He's still riskier than Surtain, imo
He's very raw, there is no doubt there, but the guy has natural gifts, that if a team can work with him, he could be a force.

Back
Top Bottom