what if u meet ricky? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what if u meet ricky?

That's easy...

I would'nt say a word to him.
I have no desire to meet him in any way.

Muck said:
I would tell him to be scared because there's a bunch of internet nerds threatening to kick his azz. We'd share a good laugh.
I could kick his azz
clear.gif
................................................................at Madden.

Muck said:
I would tell him to be scared because there's a bunch of internet nerds threatening to kick his azz. We'd share a good laugh.

Ok seriously, at this point I could care less. Just like anyone else, I probably wouldn't bother him. He's just a person. If I did talk to him, I'd thank him for the memories and tell him I wish he was still a Dolphin. Then I'd wish him the best and to have a good day.

People need to let it go. Move on and/or grow up. You can't move forward if you're constantly looking back.
Exactly! I agree 110%

This needs to go away like your weekly trash goes to the land fill. Sure, you don't think about it but you know it's still there. Yet you go on as if it doesn't exist. WE need to do the same with Ricky. Let it go, it's time to move on.

Muck said:

Ok seriously, at this point I could care less. Just like anyone else, I probably wouldn't bother him. He's just a person. If I did talk to him, I'd thank him for the memories and tell him I wish he was still a Dolphin. Then I'd wish him the best and to have a good day.

People need to let it go. Move on and/or grow up. You can't move forward if you're constantly looking back.

You're right... mostly.

I think many on here had moved on and the shock of it all had sufficiently wore out. However, to see remarks this guy keeps making is what keeps stirring the fire back up in fans and no doubt even many of the players he left behind. As Zach mentioned in the an article. Fine he decided to quit and leave football, that's great but don't start bad mouthing everything and everyone around you to make excuses to cover up why you quit.

Ricky continues to stir the fire. Because of that he deserves the criticism he is taking....... apart from some of the lunatics on here which mention spitting on him and trying to beat him up. Plain old verbal criticism and a loss of respect he does in fact deserve.

FireWrongstedt said:
If I ran into Ricky, I would have a friendly conversation with him. I would tell him as a fan I was pissed about the timing, but it's his life. I hold no personal grudges. In fact, I'd probably smoke up with him.

same here.

id smoke with him
and ask him lots of questions
cuz he'd be one of the ten most interesting people id ever meet in my life
and then after talking to him
id probably forgive him for what he did because he was so cool
because he probably would be really cool

i cant hate ricky williams
even if he came back to the raiders id want him to do well
once a dolphin always a dolphin

There sure seems to be a lot of people on this board that forgive very easily. This dude totally screwed us over. Not just as fans but also as Floridians that welcomed him to our state and to Miami. We gave him so many opportunities. We didn't put the pressure of an entire draft on him. We didn't make him wear a wedding dress for a ESPN cover picture. We didn't even ask for him to be a leader on offense. We said come to Miami, run the ball and enjoy the sport. If you do well this first year, we'll even give you a better contract so that doesn't become a distraction. We'll build our offense around you.

Oh I know we abused him terribly. We asked a running back to run the ball. We ran him into these big nasty mean defenders on purpose. I forgot that he came to Miami to pick F@CKING DANDELIONS. What the h@ll did he think he was here for? He knew we couldn't pass for **** before he ever left New Orleans. He knew this was coming.

No offense guys, but I wonder if all the "forgive Ricky it's his life" people are all the same kind of people who come home to see their wife cheating on them with their brother and then offer to light the cigarettes for them? "It's your life honey! We might be married but you do whoever you want. Can I get you guys some more KY? I'm going to go watch some tv downstairs. Make sure he wears a condom I don't know where my brother has been. Is there any more beef stroganoff?" I always wonder when people forgive and forget so easily.

Ricky should be hated for deserting us in the 11th hour of a potential superbowl season.

Mebeverine said:
Don't you get it?

Ricky doens't care that he left when he did...

You really think he even watches or keeps up to date with football? He didn't deliberately screw us, he probably didn't even know how long it was till the season started - he just left.

Ricky doens't care if it upset you, your mom, your dad or your goldfish.

And for that I would shake his hand.
SOMEONE gets it...

I'd act like a little b----, and then come back here and tell y'all what I was about to do.

I wouldn't say anything. I wouldn't want to meet him now. It's weird how you can go from being a fan's favorite player to then meaning nothing to him.

True. I still need to get new license plates. The one's I have now say Finz 34. Bummer.

Mebeverine said:
And for that I would shake his hand.

Now this "I respect Ricky for what he did" stuff is mind boggling to me.

You don't have to hate him but how on earth can any man respect when someone else walks out on a commitment?????

A man is only as good as his word.
A man steps up to challenges and dosen't run away.
A man accepts what ever responsibility is thrust upon him in a situation he fully agreed to be thrust into.
A man makes proper arrangements to cover the arse of others he has made commitments to if he is going to bow out of the commitment in the EXACT SAME WAY THAT RICKY HIMSELF WOULD EXPECT FROM SOMEONE ELSE!

You don't have to hate Ricky but to say you'd shake his hand for such a cowardly and irresponsible act especially when the truth to why he left keeps getting worse and worse........ I don't get it.

Do you not expect much from those around you? Put yourself in this situation and imagine a huge project you hired someone to take care of, one which may control the future of your career. This person you hired accepted graciously while you repeatedly told them how important this project is.
Then the week before this project is due they walk out without a word to you. He then tells your bosses that you worked him too hard and his heart just isn't into it. This person leaves you with nothing after he made a commitment to you to do this job.

Do you shake this mans hand as well? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom