What if we beat the Ravens Sunday? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if we beat the Ravens Sunday?

I wouldn’t be surprised at all. Most people who say we’re going to suck have no clue. They are simply repeating what they’ve been hearing so much. You hear it enough, you start to believe it. A few problems with that: The guys who play (and make more for playing well) don’t give a crap about a draft pick; Rosen (though he’s not playing in this game) doesn’t want Tua or Lawrence; the receivers and running backs want to score touchdowns; the defensive players want INTs or sacks, and don’t want to give up points. The fact is, we may not have a very good team this year, but that doesn’t mean those guys aren’t there to win, or that they give a crap what some analyst said. The fans may have bought into it, but if the players haven’t, the results we see this season could be different from what people expect.

A win? No surprise to me. They just came to play.

I don't have a lot of faith in the Dolphins for the opener this year. The Ravens have historically dominated us. I know its a different team but the Ravens had a stout defense last year. (#1 yards, #2 Scoring) And in preseason they picked up where they left off by allowing the fewest points (only 35 in 4 games). With the makeshift line that spells disaster for scoring points on offense. IMO Ravens will do just enough to get a good lead and then run out the clock rushing the football. If we do somehow find a way to win it would change the way I currently view the team. And cost me the money line bet I have on the Ravens. :shrug:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all. Most people who say we’re going to suck have no clue. They are simply repeating what they’ve been hearing so much. You hear it enough, you start to believe it. A few problems with that: The guys who play (and make more for playing well) don’t give a crap about a draft pick; Rosen (though he’s not playing in this game) doesn’t want Tua or Lawrence; the receivers and running backs want to score touchdowns; the defensive players want INTs or sacks, and don’t want to give up points. The fact is, we may not have a very good team this year, but that doesn’t mean those guys aren’t there to win, or that they give a crap what some analyst said. The fans may have bought into it, but if the players haven’t, the results we see this season could be different from what people expect.

So just because the players want to win, they will win? Not sure thats how life goes. Much less a football game.

This isn't the same Ravens Defense we all hated. In Miami we win, in Baltimore we lose.
Run the ball all day long in the South Florida Heat.
Low scoring- ugly game here.

If Miami does win whomever caused Miami to win will be traded or cut.....

Straight from a made-for-TV movie. "If you try hard enough, you can accomplish anything!"

Unfortunately the rest of us live in reality, so a team that is paying the lowest amount of money towards salary that anyone has done in a decade, and who just brought in 25% of the roster a week ago by collecting cast-offs and backups isn't going to be very good. Other teams try very hard too, except they have better players.

I hope your Sundays aren't going to be ruined when reality punches you in the face and your delusion bubble bursts.

But what do I know? I don't have a clue, apparently.

Straight from a made-for-TV movie. "If you try hard enough, you can accomplish anything!"

Unfortunately the rest of us live in reality, so a team that is paying the lowest amount of money towards salary that anyone has done in a decade, and who just brought in 25% of the roster a week ago by collecting cast-offs and backups isn't going to be very good. Other teams try very hard too, except they have better players.

I hope your Sundays aren't going to be ruined when reality punches you in the face and your delusion bubble bursts.

But what do I know? I don't have a clue, apparently.
Sorry your feelings got hurt, dude. Unfortunately for all of us, the games aren’t decided yet. I’m not going into it expecting much, but I’m certainly not expecting the worst possible outcome either. Maybe they’ll suck, maybe they won’t. But you, I, nor the overpaid clowns on tv get to decide their fate. If you’re playing with an incentive laden contract, you wouldn’t just lay down and give up because you don’t think you’re capable of winning. I wouldn’t expect our players to either. Sorry to burst your bubble, but a lot of people defy the odds in this world. My point is, who knows? Baltimore game? Anything could happen. Don’t be surprised either way.

Sorry your feelings got hurt, dude. Unfortunately for all of us, the games aren’t decided yet. I’m not going into it expecting much, but I’m certainly not expecting the worst possible outcome either. Maybe they’ll suck, maybe they won’t. But you, I, nor the overpaid clowns on tv get to decide their fate. If you’re playing with an incentive laden contract, you wouldn’t just lay down and give up because you don’t think you’re capable of winning. I wouldn’t expect our players to either. Sorry to burst your bubble, but a lot of people defy the odds in this world. My point is, who knows? Baltimore game? Anything could happen. Don’t be surprised either way.
"Most people who say we’re going to suck have no clue."

You don't have to watch a lot of football to know teams like the Chiefs, Rams, Patriots, and Saints are probably going to be really good and teams like the Dolphins and Bengals won't be. Nobody here needs to listen to what TV prognosticators say about the team because they already know this year is going to be a throwaway.

If digging your head into the sand is your thing, go for it, but don't sit here pretending like others don't have a clue. I spent all offseason arguing with this forum that we were tanking, nobody wanted to hear it, then we traded Kiko for a ham sandwich, cut our best preseason pass rusher, and traded our best offensive player.

You know how I know this team is going to be bad this season? Because they're actively trying to be. They're not going to surprise anybody.

It's projected to be over 100 degrees on Sunday with the humidity. I picked the Dolphins in my pick 'em pool. I think they come out high tempo.

Everyone in this thread who thinks we’re going to win after the game on Sunday afternoon:

ED5AF8E5-1DBA-4853-B513-FD265E42EA2F.jpeg

Last edited:
"Most people who say we’re going to suck have no clue."

You don't have to watch a lot of football to know teams like the Chiefs, Rams, Patriots, and Saints are probably going to be really good and teams like the Dolphins and Bengals won't be. Nobody here needs to listen to what TV prognosticators say about the team because they already know this year is going to be a throwaway.

If digging your head into the sand is your thing, go for it, but don't sit here pretending like others don't have a clue. I spent all offseason arguing with this forum that we were tanking, nobody wanted to hear it, then we traded Kiko for a ham sandwich, cut our best preseason pass rusher, and traded our best offensive player.

You know how I know this team is going to be bad this season? Because they're actively trying to be. They're not going to surprise anybody.
Come on man. That example....Kiko sucks. If you and I can’t agree there, this could be a difficult discussion. I’m not digging my head into the sand. I’m simply saying I won’t be surprised if we do win. Again, my expectations aren’t high, but I wouldn’t be surprised either way. The players are the ones on the field. They aren’t trying to lose. Sure, other teams have better rosters. But one bad week could bring any one of them down due to injuries, or just bad luck. Your thought process means Buster Douglass loses to Mike Tyson that night.

My question is:

If Fitz craps the bed, throws a few Ints yet in the 3rd quarter, the D is keeping us in the game, does Flores insert Rosen?
I could see that. If Fitz sits there at 0TDs and 3INTs and the defense keeps us in the game I could see a switch. If he sits at 2TDs and 3INTs I doubt it.

Miami will win this game; i have an overwhelming feeling I cant shake. I dont get the overwhelming 38-3 predictions favoring Baltimore. Where is Baltimore decisively better than us that warrants a 30 point blow out? Off history alone?

Please someone fill me in. They're an average team. No one to fear on the offensive side aside from LJ scrambling.

Defense is average, good secondary, no pass rush. Someone fill me in

Im not trying to sway anyones prediction; im just genuinely curious. Is Baltimore some juggernaut? They have NO ONE on offense that strikes fear in me.

Maybe im a stone cold homer but I think Flores is going to have this team ready to go. You dont think they hear the 0-16 predictions? The insults? Miami will win this game. Feel different pm me

I'll fill you in, their defense ain't average, it is the best in the league until someone proves otherwise. They produce pressure with the most sophisticated blitz packages in the league. When Earl Thomas got there he said he'd never seen anything like what they run. Their top 2 rushers last year didn't have a sack in the last 8 games, it didn't matter. How are we moving the ball on this team? You're not running it on them, they were the 4th ranked run defense in the league last year.

They had the 2d best rushing attack last year, before they added Mark Ingram and drafted Justice Hill and their offense is apparently something unlike anything else in the league schematically, which could help us because there will be kinks, but don't delude yourself, this is a very good team. They were 3 plays from 13-3 last year, don't sleep on this group, they are much better than the Fins. Average? They've got the #1 defense, #2 rushing offense, the best special teams and one of the best coaching staffs and if you think they have no weapons on offense, pickup Mark Andrews in your fantasy league now, dude will be a 1000/yd TE, this year or next.

I'll fill you in, their defense ain't average, it is the best in the league until someone proves otherwise. They produce pressure with the most sophisticated blitz packages in the league. When Earl Thomas got there he said he'd never seen anything like what they run. Their top 2 rushers last year didn't have a sack in the last 8 games, it didn't matter. How are we moving the ball on this team? You're not running it on them, they were the 4th ranked run defense in the league last year.

They had the 2d best rushing attack last year, before they added Mark Ingram and drafted Justice Hill and their offense is apparently something unlike anything else in the league schematically, which could help us because there will be kinks, but don't delude yourself, this is a very good team. They were 3 plays from 13-3 last year, don't sleep on this group, they are much better than the Fins. Average? They've got the #1 defense, #2 rushing offense, the best special teams and one of the best coaching staffs and if you think they have no weapons on offense, pickup Mark Andrews in your fantasy league now, dude will be a 1000/yd TE, this year or next.

I was drunk as hell last night and rather not look back on the tangents I went on but I stand by my prediction.

They WERE the best defense overall last year... You're the only person I heard say the Ravens have the best defense in football going into the season with all the moving parts. They have a great secondary especially with the addition of Earl Thomas. Their front 7 is a question mark... Lost their best line backer to the Jet's unfortunately; think that's not going to affect that run defense? How about their two leading past rushers in Smith and Terrel Suggs? Weddle offsets with Earl Thomas.

Mark Andrew's has a ton of potential and maybe he reaches your projection; doesn't scare me. Nobody they have on the outside scares me. Lamar Jacksons mobility scares me and if we can't contain him it will be ugly...

I have an overwhelming feeling about this game I can't shake. I just think those players hear the disrespect and are coming out with a chip on their shoulder and winning this game

Back
Top Bottom