What Is The "worst" Officiating Call Against Miami Ever? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Is The "worst" Officiating Call Against Miami Ever?

marino2duper73

Active Roster
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been churned enough in light of the SB, but I was trying to remember the worst officiating call or non-call against the Dolphins. For all the bad calls I know we have been subjected to, I can't remember a specific one that i still think about. Let's get it goin'...

BRING THE RING in 2006!

I don't remember the year, I wanna say it was 1994, and I might butcher some the stats a bit but it was during the play off game against SD, and Natron Means fumbled the ball through the endzone but instead of a touchback, they gave the ball back to SD at the 1 yd line, he scored with ease, THEN on another TD run of his, he stepped out of bounds at the 5 and the refs missed it. That still bugs me.

phinfan2003 said:
What about the Jamar Fletcher PI vs. the Pats?
Oh my. That was one of the WORST calls I have EVER seen, any game, any sport, any level. And I would have felt the same way if I weren't a Dolphins fan. I believe it was David Givens, who literally picked Fletcher up, moved him out of the way, and then still missed the ball. The official was right on top of the play and threw the flag on Fletcher. Unbelievable. I know there were a lot of factors that contributed to the Dolphins losing that game, but I still believe that had that call been made correctly (or if even no call was made), Miami would have won. New England was down by 11 with 5 minutes left, I think they were near midfield, and that put them right at the goalline. Say the play is ruled PI against Givens, or just an incomplete pass, and the Patriots still have a long way to go. Any Patriots fans who whined about the questionable PI call in the Denver play-off game need to go back and watch that play.

So what exactly happend in that snow plow game? I wasn't that much into football back then but I do remember the image of them plowing the snow for the convict to kick the game winning field goal.

marino2duper73 said:
I don't know if this has been churned enough in light of the SB, but I was trying to remember the worst officiating call or non-call against the Dolphins. For all the bad calls I know we have been subjected to, I can't remember a specific one that i still think about. Let's get it goin'...

BRING THE RING in 2006!
how do i post a new thread???????????????and how do i become a registered user???????????????

finfan187 said:
I don't remember the year, I wanna say it was 1994, and I might butcher some the stats a bit but it was during the play off game against SD, and Natron Means fumbled the ball through the endzone but instead of a touchback, they gave the ball back to SD at the 1 yd line, he scored with ease, THEN on another TD run of his, he stepped out of bounds at the 5 and the refs missed it. That still bugs me.

That game is a pure nightmare in Dolphins' history. One of the most painful losses I have ever watched. You forgot to mention on the safety, I think it was Bernie Parmalee, clearly had the ball out of the endzone. I guess I'm not sure exactly how a safety is supposed to be called, but I've seen many times where a player is tackled, and they're partially in the endzone, yet the ball is out of the endzone, that aren't called safeties.

Actually, the guy running the snow plow was the convict & shoulda been thrown back in after that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom